November 26, 2014 | 1616 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Length

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by grammarrodeoqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just forget it if you want anything more than a barely-there look. Had to apply 2-3 coats. Maybe use this as your "bottom last" mascara. Dried out quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

I love this mascara. I have very thick lashes, so most mascaras just clump them together and don't look good. I like to have very long, feathery lashes, I think it looks natural but adds a little drama. This does just that. And it doesn't smudge etc. If you love the long feathery natural look, you'll love this. If you like super obvious mascara, go for the original lashblast.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This mascara makes me sad, I don't know if I just got a bad batch or what. I found that no matter what I tried, I just couldn't get enough mascara onto the brush. I actually enjoy the brush, it can provide good definition. I always curl my lashes, but this product didn't keep a curl at all. The formula seemed dry, and flaked easily. The packaging is cute, but that's irrelevant. Not a huge fan of the formula, I enjoy the brush, but will not be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Covergirl's Lash Blast Length Mascara was released after the super success of the original Lash Blast, (now known as Lash Blast Volume). Covergirl claims that this mascara's "elasta-nylon" formula is flake free and flexible, and coupled with their "longest brush ever", Lash Blast Length will give you "extreme, look at me! lashes" that are 80% longer. Lash Blast Volume is available in 4 shades, and water resistant, and non water resistant versions. Unfortunately Covergirl tests on animals, so please be conscious of that when using their products. I received this as a Christmas gift from Mummy, she purchased it at Ulta. I don't know exactly how much she payed for it, but Covergirl mascaras usually go for $7-8.
Packaging for Lash Blast Length is very eye catching. A long, thin, tapered, bright yellow plastic tube and cap. Covergirl and Lash Blast Length are written on the tube in silver. It definitely stands out in the mascara section. The shape of the tube reminds me of a rounded version of the Maybelline Lash Stiletto.
Covergirl calls this brush their longest ever and I believe it. It's very thin, and about an inch long. Before you dip it into the tube for the first time the short, plentiful bristles were bright yellow, matching the tube. Aside from the long brush, the wand is also quite long and thin. I find it unweildy and intimidating. This mascara isn't the easiest to apply, it takes a little technique
The wand, once correctly lined up with the base of the lashes, needs to be slowly wiggled through. Normally I'm not a wand wiggler, but it's necessary for Lash Blast Length. Without wiggling, the brush, you won't even be able to tell you've applied mascara, regardless of how many coats you apply.
What kind of results do you get from Lash Blast Length? Do you really get 80% longer lashes? I don't know if it's 80%. Maybe 40 or 50%. Your lashes do get pretty long with this mascara. Look at mine, they're reaching for the stars! It's a really nice amount of length, but I wouldn't call it "Extreme", or "80% longer", but it's good enough for me. Many people complain that you don't get enough volume from this mascara, but keep in mind, Covergirl doesn't make any mention of volume in their product description. But really wiggle your dang brush. Hasn't LMFAO taught you anything? Wiggling is the key to success. With three, wiggled on coats, I can get a small, but noticeable amount of volume. To be fair, my lashes are naturally on the thicker side.The best part of Lash Blast Length is the lack of clumping. You couldn't clump this mascara if you tried. It's probably good for mascara n00bz.
Like the other two Covergirl mascaras I've reviewed, Lash Blast Length holds up great through out the day. Even at work I don't get a single flake or smudge. That's impressive for any brand. Despite not flaking, Lash Blast Length removes super easily, with just water, or a little bit of makeup remover.
I recommend this mascara if you have average lashes that you want to add a nice bit of length to, with just a smidgen of volume. This is a great beginner mascara, because of it's clump free nature, and fairly natural look. I like Lash Blast Length, but I tend not to reach for it often, that alone has made me decide not to repurchase. It's just too average.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used a lot of different brands of mascara - low end, medium end, and high end. This is one of my favorites.

My criteria for a good mascara is that it lengthens and darkens my lashes, doesn't get clumpy / goopy, and stays off of my upper eyelids (not sure if other people have this problem). Plus I need it to last through my workday without smudging.

This mascara does all of the above and is pretty inexpensive too. Plus I can almost always get it on sale somewhere. It needs multiple coats to really build on my lashes but I would rather have to do that than try to comb and unclump my lashes from a really heavy applying mascara.

I've tried some higher end mascaras that are as good or a little bit better but this one is a great deal for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Frankly I'm surprised that this hasn't got really high ratings. This doesn't flake on me and its cheap. I've bought this one a couple of times already and I'm pretty happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by barbraella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lash blast length has the unfortunate title of being the first mascara that i threw in the bin just days after purchasing it, it is just terrible i know it is supposed to give you length but i have never come across a mascara with such a thin almost non existent formula like this one, i swear i had to apply up to six or seven coats of this just to look like i had mascara on and all it did was darken them with no length and zero volume, as for the original lash blast i think its great but lash blast length absolute garbage and is not worth it so save your money and get something much better than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by rileannas

I used this for less than a week then got rid of it and switched to the regular Lash Blast, which is more lengthening and actually holds a curl. This mascara is not worth your money! It is subtle to the point of being invisible, and made my lashes droop within an hour after curling them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by sophiamolina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I could care less about the packaging. It's one of the best mascaras I have. I love how the brush lengthens and separates my lashes. If you put on a second coat, it adds volume too. It has a good formula and it's the brush that prevents it from clumping when I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I've used this for years and repurchased numerous times. I'm surprised at all the bad reviews! I use this as my first layer of mascara. it does a wonderful job of lentghening and separating each lash. I like that the formula is drier and doesn't ever clump my lashes together.

I will repurchase forever!