April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Born With It

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

I use this with a gloss bc it dries out my lips. Feels kinda clay-ish

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me, it's an OK lipstick. I'm an Asian with warm skin (NC 35-37) but I have a slightly olive undertone. The color itself is pretty, but I think it looks a bit too cool-toned and frosty for me. And I don't really like the glitters, they transfer all around my mouth after 1-2 hours. So overall, a nice lipstick which I can pair with smokey eye makeup, but I wish it was less frosty and more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by strokegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely nudish pink lipstick with a very faint hint of shimmer that just adds to the beauty of how it looks on the lips. I am not a fan of lipsticks that you can see coming at you three miles ahead, but instead, ones that just enhance the lips and bring a glow to the face. Born with it does just that as well as having a wonderful smooth, moisturizing finish to it. This color makes my pale blue eyes really "pop". LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by JU1CYY69

i really have to give props to maybelline for making pretty amazing products lately, this being no exception. this lipstick is super wearable for everyday. it's a nude-pink colour that's not too light so that it won't wash out your face. it adds a nice hint of pink to your lips and is pretty shiny. it also has bits of shimmer without being frosty. the formula itself isnt heavy or drying and is really smooth. some people complain about the texture, but i don't feel that it's grainy at all. i usually don't like wearing lipsticks, but this one has got me addicted. absolutely love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MY FAVORITE LIPSTICK OF ALL TIME! This is such a beautiful lipstick. I used to never use lip products but this color is sooo gorgeous I use it whenever I want to look extra good. It has some shimmers in it that looks beautiful on the lips. Also it's a nudish-pink but it's not too nude or pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

This is now my second Maybelline Lipstick in the Color Sensational line. I have to admit I've never been a fan of Maybelline but this lipstick has converted me. I love these lipsticks. (everytime I go out now I want to buy one). This one is a pale, neutral, coolish, baby pink with limited frostiness. It's a really pretty colour with a smokey eye. It is sexy....best word to describe it for my colouring. It wears well and the price spells "buy more". Lol. Definitely worth trying this line of lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got it ,nicn nude color.the formula is creamy.but a bit textured.love it still.to to with a smokey eyes.black one.love the color !that brings out the face and eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great lipstick!
Born With It is a beautiful pinky nude that I wear almost every day to school.
It glides on smoothly and opaquely with a bit of shimmer and frost.
It tastes and smells like sweet cocoa butter. Kindof strange, but nice.
I def reccomend this lipstick for fair skinned-girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Possibly the best lipstick I have ever tried to date! Feels like a balm, but doesn't smeer or come off easily like a balm. I can even brush my finger lightly across my lips! I really like the staying power of this lipstick. Zero lip liner needed, and not to mention I feel so expensive when I take it out of my purse because of the beautiful packaging. Did I also mention the FABULOUS shades this lipstick comes in?
Possibly THE best Maybelline product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

Really digging these Maybelline lipsticks. I heard on Youtube that "Born with it" is a dupe for MAC's "Hue", and since I was running low on "Hue" I figured it was a good time to try out these lipsticks.
The quality of these lipsticks are amazing. I wouldn't have been able to tell that these were drugstore lipsticks because they are so pigmented and yet very creamy and moisturizing. When I put this lipstick on, it feels like I'm wearing lipbalm.
The finishes of these Maybelline lipsticks are more around lustre finishes if you compare them to MAC lipstick finishes. It's not matte but at the same time the colour isn't as sheer as MAC Glaze finishes. You done get some shine from these but not sparkle or sheen, more like shine that you get from something very moisturizing.
The colour range is pretty big for a drugstore lipstick. There are browns, pinks and reds. Each colour family has a good selection of colours to choose from.
After googling swatches and reviews I decided that I'd get "Born with it", to compare it with "Hue" as well as "Pink Please".
"Born with it" is so not a dupe for "Hue"!! Hue has a lot more peach undertone and it is definitely a nude lip colour, whereas Born with it has a pinkier undertone and more neutral.
If you want a lipstick that you can wear everyday with any look, then Born with it will do.
Pink Please is brighter and pinkier than Born with it and MAy be a dupe for MAC's Angel.
I paid $8 for these Maybelline lipsticks and you get 4.2 g. MAC lipsticks are around $14 for only 3g.
I am definitely going to buy more of these Maybelline ones! Highly recommend it!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No