December 20, 2014 | 1163 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by AbsolutelyCold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good base coat that nail colors stick to. Even by itself it creates a nice sheen on nails and paired with a good top coat. It has extended my manicures last an extra few days. I can't think of anything more I would want from a base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite base coat hands down. I never used to wear polish because it would chip so easily but then I found Stickey. I use this for the "stickey sandwhich" (Thank you nail board). I apply as a base coat to clean nails, apply two coats of color, one more coat of stickey, then top coat. I know this sounds like a lot of polish but I have never had polish wear better. There are two things I would change if i could 1) I would make it clear because when you do the sandwhich it sometimes shows through super sheer colors, and 2) I would make the brush a little longer so I can use it all up.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily nails. Very. I put a drop or two of OPI Bond Aid of on my nails, a coat of this and then my polish.It sticks and stays and my polish lasts longer than 2 days before peeling'cracking/fading.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by carat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first time I've used a specific base coat (usually I just used clear nail polish or a top coat), and I have to say I really like it. Granted, I'm not not a connoisseur by any means, but I would definitely repurchase this product.

Nail polish seems to stick to it really well, and I noticed a difference with my manicure lasting as soon as I started using it.

It's not perfect, though: I have noticed that while it didn't dry out my nails, it didn't seem to be nourishing to my nails either, but I used another product and that seemed to help.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

When I removed Stickey, my nails looked dry. The second ingredient is isopropyl alcohol, a drying ingredient, so that's the likely cause.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to prevent chipping so I experimented with many base/top coat combos. This base-coat was just Ok--didn't make anything worse, but didn't help my polish stay longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product after i finished (and was very happy with) my Orly bonder. I wish i hadnt because i wont be finishing this bottle. Its fine on toes but on my finger nails it doesnt hold my polish like the Orly one. I gave it a really good go but by day 3 im chipping. And i used the exact same other products (including my HG Seche Vite top coat).
I'll keep this to use on toes and use my Orly one on my tips.
I didnt mind the 'stickey' feeling or anything like that, it simply didnt work as well on my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by jamielee983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Apparently the point of this non-yellowing base coat is to give something to your polish to "stick" to. Good idea, but in my case, I accidentally once applied this as my base coat and forgot to polish my nails. It dried rock hard. Good for me, bad for the point of the product? Even though that happened to me I still give this a good rating. I only wear dark polish and before this I would have yellow nails all of the time. Does not have hardening ingredients, so if you need a nail fortifier try something else. I have naturally hard, strong, no ridge nails (curse me, I know), so this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hear alot of complaints about this, but I like it.

I really is sticky and the polish adheres to it. I think the longest I have ever worn a mani was three days (I change often). With this, I had no chipping.

I find that it works very well with my ChG polishes for some reason, and usually use it with those.

Not a HG product, but I will always grab it if I see it on sale. Its nice to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yay, Woo Hoo and three cheers for Stickey Basecoat! Because I use my hands a lot (typing, paperwork, prying open containers, and just plain everyday life) my manicures don't last very long. That is, until I bought a bottle of Stickey and used it for my base coat. It's been five days since I've applied Stickey, then OPI for Sephora Don't Go There, and Seche-Vite top coat - and NO CHIPS!!! This is absolutely a HG miracle product. I'll never start a manicure without my Stickey again. If it can keep the polish from chipping on my nails, believe me, it will keep the polish from chipping on anyone's; I'm very rough on manicures. Incidentally, it does not dry - it will stay "sticky" hence the name. I apply it and let it set for a minute, then use my nail polish.