July 25, 2014 | 1154 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by stls

I love this lipstick. My first by MAC!
It's pinky-mauve lustre, quite glossy, not overpowering, compliments my skin tone beautifully, looks polished yet natural, smooth texture, glides easily, lovely vanilla scent, sleek packaging... Particularly good paired with mauve e/s for a romantic, yet sultry look! I'm NW 15, but I think it would look good on anyone.
I didn't rate it with 5 only bacause it wears off quickly (but that's the case with any lustre I've tried)
Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a fabulous and versatile lipstick! I have NW 20-25 skin coloring for reference. It is such a flattering pink/purple MLBB color and is a permanent staple in my collection. It is definitely a cool-toned color and it looks great on those with pink/bluish undertones. What I really like is when I want a more neutral look, I can tone down the coolness of the color by adding MAC Blankety over top. It takes on a very pretty pink-beige color. I've actually gotten compliments and questions as to what lipstick I'm wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

My new favorite! A beautiful color. Some say it reminds them of viva glam VI. I dint agree. Viva glam has a reddish brown warm undertone and this is a cool purple pink nude color. It isn't the most pigmented and I love it for daytime! It is moisturizing without making my lips feel cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I am IN LOVE with this shade of pink. It is the first shade of pink that actually looks "natural" on my lips. I have fairly pigmented lips, and most shades of pink are either too light and sheer, and don't show up unless I use Mac Liperase, or are so thick and opaque it just screams PINK!

This shade and formula is wonderful. It compliments my fair-medium, asian skintone nicely and is moisturizing, without being lipbalmy. I wish I tried this shade sooner, as it is definately an HG product for me now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This is such a nice shade that would suit any complexion. It's a soft kind of pink, moisturising, relatively shiny lipstick. Love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by iamami

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never really tried lipstick before, I only used lip balms. But I have decided to buy a lipstick, and I went to MAC to try out Hue since everyone was talking about how great it is. But it didn't work on me, it's too pale. I told the lady that I want something that looks more natural and more pink, and she told me to try out syrup, and it just looked amazing. It's not too pale, not too pink, the color is just right. I'm Asian so my skin is kinda yellow, and this one looked really good.
I thought the price wasn't too bad. I mean, it's decent for a lipstick in such a great quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! Its more than what I expected. I went to the MAC counter looking for an everyday wearable pinky mauvy toned color that was buildable. This is exactly that. Its more purpley than expected but its very subtle. Its creamy and glossy (MAC Lustre) and not drying at all. You dont need a lip liner or a gloss. Its a really a low maintanace lip look. You put it on straight from the tube and you're good to go. It got 4 lippies insted of 5 because I think the staying power is not as great as expected. Given the price the staying power should be better. But overall its a really great lipstick and I have no regrets.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Harley09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a MLBB shade, the first MA who assisted me selected a shade that was a little too brown for me, the second MA recommended Syrup when I told her I wanted something more pink. I love it, paired with Mac liner in Dervish it has a more mauve appearance, when alone its more pink, like my lips got a subtle "oomph." Overall I am very pleased with this lipstick, it is similar to Viva Glam VI SE however it is not as saturated.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My absolute favorite everyday lipstick. The colour itself is fabulous, on me it comes off as a pinkish red shade that is a "my lips but better" color for me as well. My lips are very pigmented and very red, and this works wonderfully. It does not overpower my pale complexion, and it really looks natural, meaning that it does not contrast so much with my features to the point where it looks like I am wearing something, but really gives me a nicer lip. The formula is wonderful, very smooth and not drying at all, yet it lasts a decent amount of time. I would not go so far as to say that it is moisturizing, but it has never sapped my lips of moisture which is an A+ in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the exact color of my lips, so it's great to slap on when I want to look put together and not overdone. MAC describes this as a cloudy pink, which I guess is pretty accurate. I do get a little purple from this, but nothing ridiculous looking. This pretty much evens out the color of my lips and make me looks all neat and nice. Standard lipstick bullet, nothing you'd be embarrassed to whip out for touch ups. I think all MAC lipsticks smell funny, but I can live with it. It's a handy shade to have on hand. Nothing earth shaking, just nice.