E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water(Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Xathan Gum, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 1/8/2014 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one great liquid eyeliner! The brush is small enough to create whatever line you please. It has AMAZING pigmentation. It's my go to liquid eyeliner whenever I want to create a bold, dense look.

on 1/7/2014 4:20:00 PM

I am surprised by the low percentage of this product. For the price ($1) this product is awesome! The brush is super skinny so you can control how thin or thick of a line you want. Pigmentation is great and so is the staying power. The one i have it a bit hard to take the brush out... i have to yank it out which scares me lol. All in all.. not much else I can say about this liner aside from the fact that I will be getting multiple backups of this! It's so hard to find a good eyeliner with a thin BRUSH. I can't stand felt tip applicators...i just can't use them for some reason. Also it's cruelty free as well!! HUGE PLUS!!!

**UPDATE** - after using this for a few weeks, I noticed the pigmentation is no longer there. It's patchy and I have to go over the line multiple times in order to get a semi-opaque pay off. It was only $1 so no big loss, wouldn't repurchase tho.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am in absolute love with this eyeliner. I have tried every eyeliner there is on the market from high end to drug store. No other eyeliner has even measured up to this one. The application process is so quick and effortless with this product. My favorite thing about this eyeliner is the brush. It is not too flimsy and not too thick. My winged eyeliner comes out perfectly every time. The formula isn't too thick or watery. Its just the right consistency. The color payoff is very black. I never have a problem with it transferring to my eyelid while drying or fading off throughout the day. I usually apply my makeup at 7 am and by the time I go to bed around 11 pm it looks just as it did when I first applied it. Removal is very simple. It comes right off. I will continue to use this eyeliner until they stop making it. This is the best dollar ever spent on eyeliner :)!

UPDATE: June 2015
I think they changed their formula unfortunately. I loooove love loved this stuff months ago but now it seems like the formula is a lot more..thin? I suppose is the word. It takes a few times to get a really dark line even if you buy the blackest one. I really wanted this to be the best liner I found for a drugstore liner but I suppose with the new formula change..that won't be likely. wears out very easily too, within a few hours its faded off. :(
---------------

You'd think a liquid eyeliner that sells for $1-$2 would be the worst crap on the market, right? Wrong.
ELF's black liquid liner is my absolute go to liquid liner - and I'm very picky about my liners. I prefer the sponge applicant to anything else because it's worked well for me in the past. I pick this up for a dollar at Target whenever I run out and I don't think I'd recommend anything else - especially for a beginner, you really can't go wrong with it. It's my absolute favorite, I'm a huge fan and bottom line - yes I would recommend..

on 12/15/2013 3:22:00 AM

I realized I forgot my more expensive liquid eyeliner while I was visiting my boyfriend. He lives in a small town with not many stores so I went to a dollar store and picked up this e.l.f. liquid liner thinking it was going to be a one-time-only purchase. I was wrong. I LOVE this stuff! I do a winged liner look every day and this formula is so easy to work with. The brush is foam (I believe) and it's so easy to work with. I don't have to keep dipping it into the formula to get an even coverage. It lasts all day and I will continue buying it forever. More bang for your buck. It's my go-to liquid liner.

It looks a bit shiny sometimes and it's runny but i love the brush and color. Also it's easy to remove

on 11/29/2013 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know if i got a dud eyeliner, or what but my black elf eyeliner rubs off pretty bad. The good thing about this eyeliner is the price and it does it job for about.....2 hours at the most. I wore a cat eye to school and by the time i went to the bathroom , like 2 hours the cat eye part was completely dried up. I mean its a great price but i got a N.Y eyeliner pen that had more eyeliner in it, and the cat eye stayed the whole day. There is no smell, it stays true to the color and for me it dried VERY quickly. I'm getting a new one soon to see if i just got a dud.

on 11/16/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

horrible liner.

on 11/4/2013 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with this liner. If I could give it a 1 for application and a 5 for performance, I'd be set. It takes forever to dry. I even use a hair dryer over it for a few seconds and it will *still* transfer if I open my eye too wide. However, if it gets smudged, it's the devil to remove. The smudge will not budge. On the other hand, it's really black and has great staying power. I've splashed water on my face and it has not moved. Worth it for the price, but a pain to use.

on 10/23/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this eyeliner! The brush is fine and it makes it sooo easy to create a precise line. It's the blackest liquid eyeliner I have ever used, it lasts until I take it off, and it's incredibly affordable.