E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water(Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Xathan Gum, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

UPDATE: June 2015
I think they changed their formula unfortunately. I loooove love loved this stuff months ago but now it seems like the formula is a lot more..thin? I suppose is the word. It takes a few times to get a really dark line even if you buy the blackest one. I really wanted this to be the best liner I found for a drugstore liner but I suppose with the new formula change..that won't be likely. wears out very easily too, within a few hours its faded off. :(
---------------

You'd think a liquid eyeliner that sells for $1-$2 would be the worst crap on the market, right? Wrong.
ELF's black liquid liner is my absolute go to liquid liner - and I'm very picky about my liners. I prefer the sponge applicant to anything else because it's worked well for me in the past. I pick this up for a dollar at Target whenever I run out and I don't think I'd recommend anything else - especially for a beginner, you really can't go wrong with it. It's my absolute favorite, I'm a huge fan and bottom line - yes I would recommend..

on 12/15/2013 3:22:00 AM

I realized I forgot my more expensive liquid eyeliner while I was visiting my boyfriend. He lives in a small town with not many stores so I went to a dollar store and picked up this e.l.f. liquid liner thinking it was going to be a one-time-only purchase. I was wrong. I LOVE this stuff! I do a winged liner look every day and this formula is so easy to work with. The brush is foam (I believe) and it's so easy to work with. I don't have to keep dipping it into the formula to get an even coverage. It lasts all day and I will continue buying it forever. More bang for your buck. It's my go-to liquid liner.

It looks a bit shiny sometimes and it's runny but i love the brush and color. Also it's easy to remove

on 11/29/2013 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know if i got a dud eyeliner, or what but my black elf eyeliner rubs off pretty bad. The good thing about this eyeliner is the price and it does it job for about.....2 hours at the most. I wore a cat eye to school and by the time i went to the bathroom , like 2 hours the cat eye part was completely dried up. I mean its a great price but i got a N.Y eyeliner pen that had more eyeliner in it, and the cat eye stayed the whole day. There is no smell, it stays true to the color and for me it dried VERY quickly. I'm getting a new one soon to see if i just got a dud.

on 11/16/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

horrible liner.

on 11/4/2013 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with this liner. If I could give it a 1 for application and a 5 for performance, I'd be set. It takes forever to dry. I even use a hair dryer over it for a few seconds and it will *still* transfer if I open my eye too wide. However, if it gets smudged, it's the devil to remove. The smudge will not budge. On the other hand, it's really black and has great staying power. I've splashed water on my face and it has not moved. Worth it for the price, but a pain to use.

on 10/23/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this eyeliner! The brush is fine and it makes it sooo easy to create a precise line. It's the blackest liquid eyeliner I have ever used, it lasts until I take it off, and it's incredibly affordable.

on 10/22/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best liquid eyeliner brush I've come across so far. Well-pigmented, lasted all day, and the applicator is super thin, yet hard enough that it doesn't bed and get all over the place if you flinch while applying. Super great job, and only a dollar. Will definitely repurchase, and so worth the one dollar.

on 10/9/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One of the best eyeliners! Stays on way longer then the maybelline master drama & loreal infalliable eyeliner pens!! This one I think certain ones are better then others. Since elf is so cheap they always have better batches then others bc I guess they dont care. So if u hate it I do recommend you try another one. I mean its only a buck! Haha. Also the trio one with the 2 glitter liners I use as top coats on top of the black for special events & I love the glamorous look!! Lasts all day too!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

What a waste of a $1. There was no pigment at all, I couldn't thicken the line on my skin without wiping away the little pigment that was laid down, and what was there smudged almost immediately. I tried to line one eye and gave up. It was like running murky water over my eyelid. No good for me.