April 17, 2014 | 1896 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product is very comparable to the UDPP as there is practically no difference in how well it makes eyeshadow stay. a very good product, cheap and affordable too. i dont find it makes my eyeshadow more vibrant, as it does have a matt finish and pretty much just works to control oil, to make it more vibrant try using a shadow stick underneath, like nyx jumbo eye pencils

EDIT: it holds eyeshadow well and it does mattify, but i find the udpp is better for liner and tightlining

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Kc3558

I really wanted to like this, theres nothing of elf that ive disliked so far. I got this in "sheer" but it is not. It alters the color of the shadow. It leaves a silver or frost residue. Otherwise it works well, does not crease and leaves a nice highlight under the eye area. But my eyeshadow collection is very neutral & the colors do not pop as well, maybe it works well with vibrant neon shadows but thats not my style. I will stay with my palladio herbal, works well and just a couple bucks more

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I could only get my hands on the $1tube, but I like it. I go back and fourth between this and udpp and I really only notice a slight difference. I will be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Does what it's supposed to. I do get occasional creasing after a long 12 hour work day... But that is a loooooooong time to be wearing eye makeup. Too faced shadow insurance will last 16. But for one dollar I have no complaints what so ever!! This stuff is awesome. Save yourself some $$ ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by danyellec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this primer. It keeps my shadow on all day and doesn't crease. I am NC30 olive Latina and this does appear to make my lids a little lighter than before I use it. I wait for it to set with my eyes closed for about 30 seconds before applying shadow. I don't have very oily lids, but I do have very oily skin for reference.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by melo0u3e

When I put it on my lid... it turned grey... and I creased really quickly

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by LashFlashingLeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My major problem with eyeshadow is immediate fading and creasing. I can't afford expensive primers, so when this was recommended to me I thought I'd give it a go.

In terms of color boosting and intensifying, this is no UDPP. I didn't notice a difference on that front at all. It also makes blending noticeably more difficult for me, meaning my eye routine takes a little longer. I was so irritated by this and the lack of intensifying power that after I used it the first time I was resolved to come here and give this a one rating.

And then I looked in the mirror throughout the day and what to my wondering eyes should appear but completely impeccable shadow. I don't have particularly oily lids so I can't speak for people who have more of a problem in this area for me, but this product is a lifesaver for long wear. I only get the faintest creasing after 9 to 10 hours of wear if I use this first, and since it was only a dollar, well--I'm sold. Despite the application problems this causes (which for all I know is a problem for all primers, I have no idea), I use this all the time now. When even your boyfriend notices your eyeshadow is holding up well you know you're on to a winner. Until I can afford to try something more high-end this has become a vital part of my routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by shindee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very specific review on its effect on one eyeshadow compared to UDPP.

I'm a very simple girl with makeup, especially eyeshadow. My daily look is a smokey eyeshadow-as-eyeliner type of thing. The eyeshadow in question is Estee Lauder in Chocolate -- it's the perfect warm color for my eyes, and it blends beautifully. However, it fades within an hour if it's not on a primer.

Put to the test, the Estee Lauder eyeshadow lasted 3 hours on E.L.F. mineral primer--whereas UDPP let it stay without fading for a good 6+ hours. As much as I wished it did, this product didn't cut it for me :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I adore this primer!!!! It does take a while for it to dry when you put it on, I wait about 1 minute and then I put on my shadows. I find that the colors are really more vibrant and the staying power is amazing with this! The reason I gave this a 4 is because some days I get creasing after it's dry so I have to run my finger over the primer again for the creasing to disappear and some days there is no creasing at all. I really like this primer and I highly recommend, and for the price tag I can get 24 of these for the cost of 1 UDPP!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

For $1, you get .15 OZ of product. Urban Decay's Primer Potion is roughly $24 (CAD) and contains .37 OZ of product. I was pleasantly surprised by how well this E.L.F. primer performed throughout the entire day. Upon my first application, things were looking grim because it caked up in the fine lines on my eyelids immediately. I blended it out and let it set for a couple of minutes. I followed with my eyeshadows and hoped for the best. At the end of the day, my eyeshadows and eyeliners were looking just as nice as they did at the beginning of my day. Don't put too much on as it may cake up. Just a thin layer will suffice. I've always been so faithful to UDPP, but of this $1 bargain continues to impress me then I'll be turning to this instead. I wish this packaging was in a squeeze tube because then I could cut it open and dig out the remaining product like I do with UDPP. (Hey, every little bit counts!)