E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 3/29/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This works okay as an eye primer, it prevents creasing to an extent and keeps my eyeshadow lasting longer than just my oily lids alone.

More often than not, I use this under my eyes to prevent my concealer from settling into my fine lines under my eyes.

Overall an okay product, I may repurchase.

on 3/28/2012 12:29:00 AM

This is the first primer I've ever bought and used and it was really cheap too! I love it, it keeps my eyeliner on for two hours longer than it usually does and it's pretty handy. However, I don't really like the smell and there doesn't seem to be much product inside the tube.

on 3/25/2012 4:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Meh,it's okay but,that's the issue it's just OK! A bit watery for me,my shadows crease some with this primer,and it takes a while to blend and dry on the lid. However for $3 I don't think you can go wrong if you are on a budget like muah :)

on 3/17/2012 3:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

hmm for some reasons when i opened the product it looked dried up.

yeah and my eyeshadow only stayed on one eye after a few hours. prolly cos i didnt apply enough for that eye...

maybe i shall try the E.L.F Essential primer instead and it's much cheaper.

sigh disappointment

on 3/15/2012 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i updated my review after having tried the application that was suggested by one of the reviewers. so, i apply it now in a thin layer. it still feels very greasy but i leave it settle down for a while and then i apply my eyeshadow. it works definitely much better this way. but for some eyeshadows i still need a touch up during the day.

on 3/4/2012 2:26:00 AM

I'm on the hunt for an eye primer that won't crease and is pigmented enough to use as a concealer on my lids with no eyeshadow for a natural every day look. Unfortunately, this creased quite badly within a couple of hours :( Other than the initial texture, I saw no difference between the regular $1 ELF primer and the $3 one - both of them creased.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am mixed race with a tanned skin tone and I have VERY naturally oily skin. This usually creates two problems when I wear eyeshadow; first unless the shadow is very highly pigmented it rarely shows well on my skin and second every eyeshadow I've tried eventually creeps into my eyelid crease due to the oils in my skin. I've found even popular branded eyeshadows (Mac/Urban Decay) ended up migrating by the end of the day :(

I tried this primer without reading reviews as it was only 1.50 and I cannot believe how good it is. I have been using this for a couple of months and now cheaper shadows that previously barely showed on my skin can appear quite bright and intense.

However the best feature of this primer for me is that it is the only thing I've used which combats my oily eyelids, I have put on fairly heavy eyeshadow and still had it appear flawless and in place 10/12 hours later. Literally 10-12hours. I am gobsmacked! On days when I have especially dark circles or blemishes I even put a dab of this primer on before I used concealer and it will stay put all day.

If you need anymore more persuading, I went to a spa in the week and forgot to take my makeup off but ended up getting my face soaked several times and was in a very steamy wet room for hours and when I left my concealer and eyeshadow was looking pretty dewy and slightly smudged but were basically still where I left it! I couldn't believe it! This primer would honestly be worth 10x what it retails for, I really can't fault it at all.

on 2/19/2012 2:26:00 AM

I have both urban decays primer potion and the elf primer. I can honestly say that the elf is pretty comparable to the UD! I wish I would have bought the ELF before the UD.

on 2/18/2012 11:09:00 PM

At first, I was skeptical because of the price. I thought that if it was cheap, the product would be bad. This primer is comparable to any other primer I have ever used. It is also wonderful as a concealer. I have pale skin and the tone blended well with my skin. It can take a few minutes to dry, but otherwise, works very well. The length of time to create a crease on my eyelid with eye shadow can depend: sometimes, it will last all day (6a-10p) and sometimes even 6 hours, but for the price, you can't beat it! It also really depends on the quality of eye shadow you are using with this primer. And the best thing about this is that it is only a dollar! I love this product and will continue to use it.

on 2/16/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this product is very comparable to the UDPP as there is practically no difference in how well it makes eyeshadow stay. a very good product, cheap and affordable too. i dont find it makes my eyeshadow more vibrant, as it does have a matt finish and pretty much just works to control oil, to make it more vibrant try using a shadow stick underneath, like nyx jumbo eye pencils

EDIT: it holds eyeshadow well and it does mattify, but i find the udpp is better for liner and tightlining