Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 8/26/2013 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I first tried this mascara after receiving a sample from a gift with purchase from the Lancome counter. The sample was amazing and I decided to try the full sized product after I was finished with the smaller size. For some reason, the full-sized version was not nearly as good as the sample I received. Firstly, the formula was very wet and it clumped by lashes together. Secondly, I wasn't able to build/layer this mascara. If I managed to get my first coat on nicely (which was less than half the times I used it), the second coat was a mess. The brush was ok, but didn't seem to help with the clumping issue (I think it was a formula problem anyway and completely unrelated to the brush). I honestly don't know if I just received a bad tube or if that is supposed to be the consistency of the product. I tried it out for two months, thinking that maybe it would dry out a bit with use and work as well as the sample size did for me, but sadly this was not the case. Either way, it was not worth the money for me. I have had far better results with other brands. It's a shame because I really wanted to like it and the original sample I had received was fabulous.

on 8/26/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go to mascara. It really does do what it claims, at least it does for me.

This mascara does flake a little, and you can very easily put too much on and it will look clumpy.
If you're careful with the application, this is a fabulous mascara. I have bought this several times.

on 8/24/2013 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This mascara works pretty well to give you that Kim Kardashian spidery lash look, if that's what you're going for. However, it also clumps pretty easily, as others have noticed, and is easy to over do. The brush and formula has a little bit of a learning curve, but it's a pretty good mascara once you get the hang of using different parts of the brush to define and separate in order to achieve volume and length. For me, this formula really shone when I had on false lashes. I'd apply Hypnose Drama to them and it would be like WOW. However, for a more day-appropriate look by Lancome, I prefer Definicils, which works a lot like my beloved Loreal Voluminous Million to really define, lengthen, and separate my lashes.

on 8/20/2013 2:35:00 PM

Love this mascara. Much better than most other brands. Would still prefer the basic hypnose. It seems to be a much smoother formula.

on 8/18/2013 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have long lashes, stay away from this mascara. Clump clump clumpy clump. That is all ;-)

on 8/16/2013 1:07:00 PM

The best ( and priciest) mascara I have ever tried. Lashes look thick, long and voluminous, and still remain flexible and soft. One layer is enough for a beautiful, almost false lashes look. Do not try to put on a second layer, as it will clump.

on 8/11/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really didn't like this mascara at all. While it thickened my lashes decently, it was pretty clumpy. It also had an unpleasant chemically smell that I think was supposed to smell floral but it was pretty awful. I had this in a sample size and actually tossed it after trying to like it for about 1-2 weeks. It sounds like it works well for some people but I couldn't get past the smell or the clumps in the formula.

i recently purchased this mascara and i have heard sooo much rave about it usually i go for drug store mascara because i have always been skeptical about high end mascaras.

i would have to say that i was very impressed! it lengthens, volumizes you name it it does it.. it honestly makes it look like i have false lashes (yeah..... its that good)
it has this creamy texture and its very easy to work with.

my only complaint is..... THE PRICE!

i would definenately re purchase!

on 7/27/2013 3:25:00 PM

Its a wet mascara when new so I started lightly coating so not to stick lashe together..curved inward towards lashes apply lots..curved outwards on lashes not so much and the sides separates. Curled lashes once applied more and really black..so far curl stays..will buy again..also like diorshow iconic..iconic overcurl. .and ysl faux cils in shocking.

on 7/19/2013 5:11:00 AM

I have been a fan of Lancôme mascara for a long long time , I have tried others but always come back to this brand. I purchased Hypnose last December and really liked it , easy to apply , nice brush etc. For some reason when replacing it I decided to buy Drama, might have been the Lancôme show packaging that caught my eye :) .Anyway not the best choice for me. The brush is too chunky and I manage to get the mascara bloody everywhere to be honest .I also find it thick and gloopy and as the day goes on it ends up flaky . I think I fluffed up with this purchase to be honest. I will consider a different brand next time, based on this experience but will no doubt return to Lancôme at some point. Might check out some of your recommendations !