Maybelline Superstay

3.6

on 9/5/2010 8:36:00 AM

I got this for free in a fashion week bag. It matches my skin tone pretty well but its too drying and I can't blend it, it tugs on my skin and covers dark circles okay. Will not repurchase.

on 9/2/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't like this at all .... It's soo dry when it sets, it will automatically make your skin look cakey and patchy. It is also very matte and it dries really fast so it's difficult to blend. Definitely not for undereye area!Maybe use it on very small sports. The color is weird since I got CREAM (I'm Fairly Light in BE, #120 in MUFE HD, Classic Ivory in Maybelline) and it was too light for me, it had a white-ish, gray-ish cast when it dried. Maybelline's Mineral Power is much better!

on 8/22/2010 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great full coverage long lasting concealer. Did not budge all day. I found a good color match in Cream. I don't use this under my eyes as I find it too drying and cakey for that. But this is wonderful on blemishes and red marks, and holds up to my oily skin. Because it is so matte, I find it does not look natural over a large area of the face, but is perfect for spot coverage. It dries very quickly, so you do need to work fast with it. I normally apply by dotting where I need it, and tap/blend it in right away, then dot on the next spot and blend etc. It only takes a very small amount. I absolutely love this!

on 8/3/2010 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this concealer. It matches my skin color perfectly and stays longer than any other concealer I've tried so far. It is rather hard to blend and will accentuate your dry spots but to me it's worth the hassle for the "superstay" factor. Not a big fan of the wand applicator, seems a little unsanitary, but it does make it easy to apply without wasting any product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am so happy with this concealer :) I can't comment on how it works on undereye circles, because I don't really have that issue, but I love the coverage it gives on blemishes and post-acne scars. A little goes a very long way with this, because it is very opaque. The color that I got, Medium Beige, matches my skin perfectly. It is summer right now and my face has gotten very tan, so I will probably have to get a lighter color later in the year. This sets pretty quickly, so I go one blemish at a time, dotting it on and them patting it in with my finger and smoothing out the edges. As with an concealer, make sure the area is well moisturized first, because any dry patches will be accentuated. It seems to blend in perfectly with my skin, and doesn't look cakey at all. After it has set, the staying power of this concealer is AMAZING. I even ended up going on a bike ride yesterday (12 miles in the hot Florida sun and humidity at noon) and it was still in place when I got home. I definitely recommend this :D

on 7/25/2010 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This concealer is sort of "meh" for me. I hate the liquid texture and am not a fan of the wand application, but it works well for me under the eye area. I don't have really heavy dark circles but on those days when they look particularly bad this does the job. In spite of the liquid texture this concealer dries fairly quickly and is a little difficult to blend. I end up putting barely a smidge on my finger and patting it under my eyes, and even then I have to work fast.
Unfortunately, under-eye circles are about the only thing I use this concealer for: it dries out any pimples I put it on and makes them look worse, and it's hard to use on an area larger than an inch or so because it dries so quickly. I don't think I'll be buying this concealer again.

on 7/25/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Sad to say this concealer did not live up to its expectations. I tend to have dark under eye circles and I needed a really good concealer that would cover it up.The color I bought matched my skin almost perfectly. When I applied it it did help reduce the black circles but it was frusterating to blend in and left a white cast under my eyes.In the trash it goes.

on 7/20/2010 5:45:00 PM

I find that this concealer works very nicely for the undereyes as it does truly assist in brightening. It stays put and does not get cakey. As previously mentioned, Superstay can become a tad bit drying but it's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. I work with this one eye at a time because it tends to dry faster than other concealer, but it's very easy to work with otherwise and is great for those days you want to use something quick but will have longlasting effects on the undereyes. I've been using this product a lot lately, but I find myself reaching for a more salmon-colored concealer when my eyebags are REALLY dark since Superstay sometimes doesn't give enoough coverage for those days when your eyes are just too dark. But on a daily basis when eyebags are just lightly to moderately dark, I definitely can rely on this concealer.

on 7/20/2010 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pros:
-Great coverage
-Long lasting
-Pretty natural looking (at least when it's first applied)

Cons:
-Not a huge color selection (but more than other brands I suppose)
-Drying (be careful)
-Although the concealer stays on for long periods of time, I find it just kinda dries up and ages me after a few hours.
-Somewhat orangey looking
-The packaging is like a lip gloss tube with a little sponge applicator that you pump in and out. Unsanitary if you're applying this concealer on pimples.

I would not repurchase this product.

on 7/20/2010 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i really like this stuff, i use it under my eyes and its a really good drugstore concealer.