July 30, 2014 | 1112 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Superstay

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is sort of "meh" for me. I hate the liquid texture and am not a fan of the wand application, but it works well for me under the eye area. I don't have really heavy dark circles but on those days when they look particularly bad this does the job. In spite of the liquid texture this concealer dries fairly quickly and is a little difficult to blend. I end up putting barely a smidge on my finger and patting it under my eyes, and even then I have to work fast.
Unfortunately, under-eye circles are about the only thing I use this concealer for: it dries out any pimples I put it on and makes them look worse, and it's hard to use on an area larger than an inch or so because it dries so quickly. I don't think I'll be buying this concealer again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sad to say this concealer did not live up to its expectations. I tend to have dark under eye circles and I needed a really good concealer that would cover it up.The color I bought matched my skin almost perfectly. When I applied it it did help reduce the black circles but it was frusterating to blend in and left a white cast under my eyes.In the trash it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Simply2Smile

I find that this concealer works very nicely for the undereyes as it does truly assist in brightening. It stays put and does not get cakey. As previously mentioned, Superstay can become a tad bit drying but it's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. I work with this one eye at a time because it tends to dry faster than other concealer, but it's very easy to work with otherwise and is great for those days you want to use something quick but will have longlasting effects on the undereyes. I've been using this product a lot lately, but I find myself reaching for a more salmon-colored concealer when my eyebags are REALLY dark since Superstay sometimes doesn't give enoough coverage for those days when your eyes are just too dark. But on a daily basis when eyebags are just lightly to moderately dark, I definitely can rely on this concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-Great coverage
-Long lasting
-Pretty natural looking (at least when it's first applied)

Cons:
-Not a huge color selection (but more than other brands I suppose)
-Drying (be careful)
-Although the concealer stays on for long periods of time, I find it just kinda dries up and ages me after a few hours.
-Somewhat orangey looking
-The packaging is like a lip gloss tube with a little sponge applicator that you pump in and out. Unsanitary if you're applying this concealer on pimples.

I would not repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Sarahkinz72

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really like this stuff, i use it under my eyes and its a really good drugstore concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Harsiese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OK, This is one of the only concealers that has ANY staying power on my eyes. That being said there are some things you should know about it.

1. It is drying. Mix it 1:3 eye moisturizer if your greasy. 1:1 if you are dry. Make sure that the product you are mixing with is OIL FREE. This product doesnt like oils. So i highly recommend YES to cucumbers soothing eye gel. Ulta had it for $11 and on average it is $14, but for 1oz verses 0.5oz. this is the cheapest nicest stuff youll find. Mixes well with all makeup, even waterproof and is very non irritating and gentle with some nice hydration. This will also extend the set time as well as make the edges much easier to blend and absorbs clean.

2. This product does have an orange cast to it. So it is very nice for under eye area, but if you are looking for blemish concealer I would go with something else. If you choose to try this, know it runs very light. I had to get medium light and I am pretty pale. (usually 2nd/3rd up from most fair on lines like MUF, BB ect with allot of shade options) So if you think your cream, get one shade darker and just buy it from a place that allows you to return hassle free like ulta.

That being said. Most under eye heavy concealers that dont crease are drying and you really ought to mix regardless. This is the best that I have found for staying power maybe barring Estee lauder (trying that in the next few weeks)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by MARINAWOLFE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried lots of different undereye concealers for my dark circles. This is the best product yet and one of the cheapest that I've purchased. I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by AzoOutrageous

I bought this without my research, i like that fact that iit moved with your face and thought that would be perfect for under eye circles as they tend to have crinkly texture. This IS AMAZING STUFF.

My circles are ridiculously bad, i think they are a mix of bad health and sleep deprivation, unless its hereditary. I'm glad i can fix them now.

You can achieve natural results with a good amount of coverage, with one application. But this concealer will let you have a second coating, and actually not get cakey, wrinkley or whatever. It is so good.

GO BUY!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This concealer is practically bulletproof. If it can stay on in July Oklahoma humidity, I'll bet it can stay on anywhere. The pigmentation is great and it really does cover blemishes and/or scars.

It is a rather dry concealer, however, and can get cakey looking if you aren't careful with your blending. It somewhat settles into the fine lines underneath my eyes, but it's not the worst I've ever seen. If you have dry skin like me you should be careful with this concealer. Honestly I'd probably only use this on blemishes and scars as a spot concealer, I'm not real fond of using it under my eyes. It would probably be less cakey if you applied it under your foundation. Anyway, if you're oily skinned, I'd very much recommend this. The pigmentation and the way it stays on very much outweighs the cons of the product, at least in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by 1290145

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good concealer. It is definitely drying. I would not use this under the eyes without moisturizing. It has better coverage than the mineral power one. Slightly chalky finish. I believe that this works well on blemishes.