Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crossploymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclodextrin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinol, Diacetyl Boldine, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Polysorbate 80, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hedra Helix (Ivy) Extract, BHT, Cycloheptasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bioflavonoids, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really good primer. It makes my face so smooth, its unbelievable. I mix this with my foundation of choice (Revlon Colorstay in Rich Ginger) and the application is soooo effortless with just my fingers. It helps the foundation to blend into nothingness with no visible streaks or outline or anything. It feels luxurious without feeling slick or greasy.

This is a definite must have/repurchase :)

I received this in a gift set as a deluxe sample size. I thought I would like this primer as I do like a good primer and I love Too Faced products. Sadly, this did nor work for me. I tried it for 2 weeks to give it a true try, and with different makeups, but still no luck. It is thicker/heavier feeling than I like, feeling like a dry yet smooth wax. It does immediately make pores appear smaller, but this effect lass only about an hour. It also makes flaky skin stand out terribly. It did not help my makeup wear at all.

It is tinted, and darker than my fair (but not super fair) skin tone. I could see the tinting of is to bother some with super fair skins, those who don't want to appear darker, or those whose very yellow-based skin tones do not match with this. I think it is tinted to give the illusion of calming skin irritation, blemishes, etc.... But don't be fooled... It's merely an illusion. It did not provide any of these benefits.

Above all, it broke me out terribly.... Continually and terribly! I am still battling the aftermath. It gave me dry flaky parches, spots and did not help my makeup wear any better or longer. I would not recommend this primer at all.

I would highly recommend the Hourglass oil-free primer to anyone interested in a cruelty-free primer. For an effective yet cheaper primer, i would suggest the Rimmel primer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This primer is the holy grail of all primers. I will never use anything else!!! Holds my make up in place all day/night,does NOT dry my skin out or make it oily,and makes my skin feel like silk. I had no idea wearing make up could be so comfortable until I tried this :))

I use it as a primer for my mineral powder foundation.
Actually does fill in pores and fine lines for a smooth foundation canvas.
Works well on my slightly oily/acne prone skin.
Does help keep my foundation from rubbing off better than any other primers I've tried.
Feels amazing, like silk when you put it on! Love it! Definitely worth the little bit of extra money!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this primer. the only thing that concerns me is that it is labeled to have retinol but has no built in sunscreen. I'm not thrilled with using a product with retinol without a sunscreen.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This primer is nothing special. I really like Benefit's Porefessional & heard that this was a dupe. Porefessional is more suited for oily skin though, & is thicker/drier.

If you want an inexpensive dupe of Too Faced Primed & Poreless check out NYX's Pore Filler. I should have gotten comparison photos.....I own both & can not tell the difference between them. Both are good for normal to dry skin, as the texture is silky. But NYX costs $12 & Too Faced costs $30.

I will not repurchase. My holy grail of primers is Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer.

I actually bought this along with the Glamour Gloss and Cocoa Bronzer for $18 so the price for what I got is not an issue. I've been using it for a couple of months and it works pretty well - it helps my foundation go on better and my face looks smoother when I use this. However, on the days I don't use it, I don't notice too much of a difference. It works fine but it's not anything that anyone else would be able to differentiate and the product doesn't have any particular skin benefits either. Other face primers do the same thing at cheaper prices, like NYX's, so I would not be repurchasing this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this primer about a month ago. I put it on with not foundation to let it settle and so i could see the effect. To me it felt like I was rubbing wax into my face. I only use a pea sized amount. Once It settled in I thought it looked okay it did not really make my pores less noticeable. I wore this primer for about four hours before washing it off. Within the four hours of wearing it the primer did terrible damage to my skin. It broke me out so bad. I have never had a primer break my skin out like this primer. I treated my face two times a day for a week and was still broken out from this primer. My face rarely has crazy breakouts like this. I offered to let my mother give it a try and it did not break her out and it did not shrink her pores. Overall it does keep her foundation in place. Bottom line is no I would not repurchase this product.

Love this primer, but wish I got more for the price.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've NEVER been a fan of primers or bought into the whole hype of them, BUT this has definitely changed my mind. I got the sample size as a point perk from Sephora. It has some amazing ingredients in it, first of all. Retinol, which is GREAT for the skin, and other vitamins as well. It really does help to smooth the overall texture of the skin, and I feel it helps my makeup go on smoothly and last longer. I am thinking of purchasing the full size once I run out of this one :)

Popular Primer/ Correctors