September 16, 2014 | 1205 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Amber Lights is exaclty what the name suggests, a glowing amber color. It looks so good with golds and with dark browns, also with black for a smoky look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a lovely but not very unique colour. And another thing, but that might say more about my skills than about this shadow, it looks very bright shimmery orange on me and i find it hard to tone down and to make it wearable. I prefer MACs bronze over this 100 times (not that they are dupes, just find it more wearable) and also prefer Gosh copper.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by fgsfdsgirl

I have tried this color at the MAC counter so many times only to be disappointed by how easily I duped it with an oldie from my stash! The color payoff is decent and it accents my brown eyes, but I refuse to pay $16 (with tax) for a shade I can get from the drugstore. This is a beautiful bronze-y gold, and I've found two very similar colors for much cheaper. Milani Bronze Doll is the exact same color, finish, and pigmentation. Prestige Golden Retriever is also a very similar color, but it's more of a metallic finish, and it has huge color payoff. This color is beautiful from MAC, but terribly overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by calgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eye shadow. Looks great over everything. I even use it as a highlighter over blush on my cheeks. Best color ever for brown girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I should wear it more often because it is so good. especially good if u have green/hazel eyes. I love to use it with carbon, bronze or as a crease color to create a fiery smokey look or smoke-out a black eyeshadow...i think it will look good with MAC Humid e/s too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

learnt about this colour on youtube researched it on MUA bought it and love it i have no other colour like it it a lovely orange bronze based on reviews and youtube seems any skin tone can make it work its a nice daytime colour that makes a nice change from browns and taupes beautuiful smooth finish add it to your collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by xushi

An absolutely amazing colour. It's my favourite colour to wear during the fall and winter months. The colour is a copper- golden flecked- bronzey tone. I get so many compliments when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty yellowy-orangey gold. It is in no way a soft gold. Think Cleopatra gold. That said, it's still very wearable. The color payoff is fantastic and it's metallic enough to make your eyes look almost wet. I love golds and warm neutrals and this is the best gold out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeshadow is among my top 5 MAC eyeshadows. It's a beautiful deep golden shade, which brings out the golden flecks in my green eyes. I like using this on the lid with Bronze in the crease, or with All That Glitters on the lid and Amber Lights in the crease.

It's a frost finish, which is my favorite finish from MAC (besides Starflash - but they're everyone's favorite!) It's so smooth, pigmented, and easy to blend.

Unfortunately, mine shattered while I was traveling to florida by plane, but I was able to re-press it and it's good as new! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by apk2

This is one of those colours that i dont reach for too often but is just really pretty to look at haha.. (and i wonder where all my money is going). It's really a pretty neutral golden bronze colour that I should probably use more often but I dont' know why i dont reach for it often. Works well as an all over wash of colour and for a bronzy summery look. Will try to incorporate this into my look tomorrow!