October 24, 2014 | 870 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

I don't have acne or pimple problems but I do have skin that's sometimes is on the oilier side.
I can't say wether or not this clears up zits but one thing I have noticed is the size reductions of my pores! Which I'm very very happy about.
One bad thing is I'm noticing some dry flakes.
Ill keep repurchasing cause I'm happy with the pore results I just may need to change up my moisturizer to help with the drying part

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Let me start by saying how DRY this made my face. Although it felt like my face was getting somewhat cleaner, it stripped all the oil from my face. I like the pump and the packaging makes it accessible. It didn't worsen my acne, but it didn't significantly improve it either. If you have oily skin then I would recommend this product, otherwise, I would suggest staying away. I most likely won't be repurchasing this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by anndemattio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this stuff, it has helped my oily acne prone skin! And it doesn't dry my skin out too bad!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've gone through several bottles of this face wash and while it is a decent face wash, it is rather drying, and it sometimes causes a rash on my neck! It has helped SOME with blackheads and whiteheads, but it's hard to get all the soap off your face, and it can leave your face super dry.

There are some store brand versions of this face wash that I think work much better than the Neutrogena brand. I prefer both the Walgreens and Target versions over the Neutrogena brand. I haven't gotten a rash with either of those.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by 236lex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin but this dried my skin right out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW I cant believe all the bad reviews! I love this face wash it really does leave my face feeling fresh and clean! Helps keep acne and oil at bay so i highly recommend this!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Fessyfare

I wish I had read the reviews before I bought this sorry excuse for a face wash. This product broke my face out so bad. Like, worse than it's ever broken out. :( The soap doesn't really lather up. It smells weird. It dries your face out like nobody's business. I definitely wont buy this again. I still have more than half left and I'm throwing it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by alb510

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BROKE ME OUT!
Tried this stuff out, hoping it would be a cure to my stubborn acne... Exactly the opposite! I bought this face wash thinking "I'll try this out for a couple weeks and see what happens." I didn't last 5 days with it because it turned my skin red and blotchy. I developed new acne on top of the acne I already had!
DO NOT BUY

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product in the morning and at night but it did nothing for my face. I still would get oily and still broke out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Min90

After washing with this, my skin became really tight and dry. I always had to slather on a heap of moisturiser afterwards. This didn't break me out, however it didn't clear my skin either. I always had to remove makeup prior to using it as well, as it couldn't remove it properly on its own.
I also had an issue with the formula - when I first received it, I would only need a half pump's worth to get a good lather. Over time the mixture kept becoming more and more watery, and so I would need several pumps to get even a slight lather. I ended up chucking it out with about a third left. I don't understand why it did this, I checked the lid was on tightly (thinking perhaps water from the shower was leaking in, but no), it must just be the formula... Very frustrating as I didn't get my monies worth.
Overall it is a below average cleanser. I would not repurchase, nor recommend.