December 22, 2014 | 1582 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually quite like this product. It cleans my skin very nicely and no break outs!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Flowerbby

love it so far! my skin it pretty oily and it does a great job of keeping me matte all day and I havent noticed any new pimples popping up. if your skin is dry already be careful use an awesome mosturizer. I recommened clinque dramatically different moisturizer. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by lovepinkcourtney

Omg you guys are so.. It is NORMAL for dryness to occur with a product this strong!! Just use a moisturizer. If you didn't want it to dry out (cause that is what salicylic acid does.. It DRIES OUT THE ACNE, BUY A MOISTURIZING WASH.) this product is great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This just doesn't work. It doesn't leave your skin feeling clean, nor does it do anything to prevent acne. I'm very disappointed as I switched from Clean & Clear just because this product had salicylic acid. Clean & Clear is way better though - effective and gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by crivas

So when I purchased this product I bought it along with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (pink grapefruit cleanser) thinking I would give my breakouts an extra kick in the butt. Big mistake! I used both products in one day, one in the morning and one at night. In a couple of days my skin was completely dried out (I have combination skin so it's oily in some areas), so before discontinuing my use I did some research to make sure this wasn't any signs of an allergic reaction. After doing some digging, I found out that 1) you should NOT use two products containing salicylic acid at the same time 2) it's normal for some dryness occur (this is some powerful stuff) and 3)if dryness occurs discontinue use for a couple of days then give it a go again but when you do use it every so often then eventually you can use it daily. Since then I have been using this product every other day and so far I love it! My skin feels nice and clean after every use. So for anybody who tries out this product I highly recommend taking it easy in the beginning and see how you like it! Hope this review was helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant at buying a cheap acne wash because I thought it wouldn't work. I use it once or twice a day to wash my face and I love it. It's not a miracle product, it won't make breakouts disappear completely, nothing really does...but even after a couple uses my skin just feels cleaner, fresher, smoother, and no annoying bumps. It doesn't dry my skin out, it has a low amount of salicylic acid which can be drying on some people. I'll leave mine on for 5 minutes straight while I'm getting ready for my shower and my skin might feel a tiny bit tight afterwards, but that's probably also due to the hot water. Great price too!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by hannah917

If you have sensitive skin, then I would not recommend this! Otherwise I'm sure it's a great product. I heard many good reviews so I decided to try it. I was my face two times a day and within a couple days my face was completely dried out! Although, a couple of my friends who have really oily skin have used and love it (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by xoxoapril

I was skeptic about this cleanser because a lot of people have claimed that this drys out your face, but I turned out loving it. I use this morning and night, after I use it, I put on my witch-hazel toner, and my olay moisturizer and I don't get dry skin at all! I've also noticed a change in the way my skin looked, I have less blackheads and whiteheads.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by amary18

This product is awful. I went from having oily skin, and after using this my skin did a 360 and is SO dry. It sucks because it's summer time, and my skin now feels tight, dry and is peeling :(. I will never purchase anything from Neutrogena again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ChokoChanel41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know if this is just me, but i felt like i was rubbing hand soap on my face. Like, i was rubbing cheap hand soap you would find in a Wal-mart bathroom on my face. When i bought this product maybe a week ago, it was my first time using a cleanser that wasn't a cream cleanser. I had been getting random acne all around my face which is unusual because i don't get acne very often, so i needed something cheap and fast. My first thought was "Ew,i hate this already." but that was only because it comes out in a gel form, but when you lather it, it runs like it's in a marathon. It's runny, it smelled JUST LIKE HANDSOAP, it was very, very drying, but that's what salycylic acid does anyway, but i put on loads of lotion aftwerwards and wa still a bit stiff in the face. It's hand soap! It looks like handsoap,it smells like handsoap,it feels like hamdsoap. It didn't help a thing, if anything it made it worse. I was incredibly disappointed and stopped using after three days. I'll stick to my Neutrogena Deep Clean cream cleanser.