Bonne Bell Lip Lites- Mocha Mousse

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/21/2005 1:05:00 PM

I bought this one day when I realized that I had forgotten my lipstick at home and was facing a day at the office without lipstick. I needed something cheap, neutral-toned, and professional looking. Surprisingly, this fit the bill. The texture is nicer than I expected and lasts longer too. The color is a very good neutral pink that's dark enough to look professional. The only reason I don't love it is the taste - I'm not fond of this new trend of adding flavor to lipsticks and glosses. At least it does taste pretty good though, and very similar to what you would think a "mocha mousse" would taste like. I'll keep this in my desk as an emergency gloss.

on 5/30/2005 6:39:00 PM

I love the smell and the feel of this gloss, and I love the color, but I deducted two lippies for the staying power, which is not very good at all.

on 4/4/2005 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm ok with this gloss. I would probably repurchase being that it's not as stick as ones I've tried in the past. Good everyday gloss.

on 3/20/2005 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought it because of my Metallic Mocha lipLite. Love this one even more!!! Gorgeous color that is easy to apply on the run; don't be discouraged by looking at the color in the tube (it looks really uninteresting that way, haha). However, it's a thin consistency and usually lasts, oh, about 10 minutes. Nonetheless, it's really cheap ($3.99 usually, but I got 50% off! yay!).

EDIT: Though I love the unique brown-pink color, the smell is killing me. It fades after a while, but when I first apply it, it is sickeningly .. annoying. I'm not sure if having the color is worth enduring the smell ... =(

EDIT 8/12/06: Found a replacement for this: L'Oreal HIP gloss in Adoring. It's not a dead ringer, being a more raspberry-based MLBB red with subtle red shimmers, whereas Mocha Mousse is a raspberry rose. Still, it's the closest I've ever come to BonneBell. Plus, it lasts much longer and smells better (vanilla cake)! Now if I can find a replica of the Metallic Mocha LipLite ... =) continued >>

on 3/12/2005 9:50:00 AM

After reading the 'it's brown! No, it's pink!' debate last night, I have to admit I went out and bought this lipgloss.

It's a pinky brown. ;-)

I love it. I have to say it's actually one of my favorite lipglosses now. I'm a pretty pale, yellow undertones, in the range of NC20, blond-brown hair, and this is flattering on me. I was very pleased.

on 3/10/2005 11:43:00 PM

I've read the reviews and I have to agree: this lip gloss Rocks!
It has an excellent price point, good texture and staying power. It's mlb(more mauve).

Plus it smells so good! Not in any way overwhelming to my schnoze.

Considering purchasing a few more just to keep around; and doable considering how cheap it is. continued >>

on 3/4/2005 11:35:00 AM

Gorgeous colour but not being a coffee lover, I loathed its strong mocha scent... so sadly, I threw it out after trying it just once. :(

on 2/24/2005 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Nice color and it moisturized my lips well. This is one one mocha colored lip gloss that I like

on 2/22/2005 1:28:00 PM

I'm surprised at how much I'm digging a Bonne Bell product. I thought I'd outgrown BB :) Mocha Mousse is a deep mauve with a touch of brown--my own lip color but darker. It's sophisticated enough for daytime, but when layered on, it makes my lips look full, pouty and quite sexy. The shine is subtle, not blinding, and there's no glitter. It feels smooth and creamy on your lips, not sticky, and has very good pigmentation for a gloss. But that's probably b/c this is really a "liquid lipstick" (or at least, it says so on the packaging). I think it smells wonderful, just like mocha coffee. Tastes nice, but isn't overly strong like some of BB's stuff can be. Packaging is understated (though the wand 'springs' out in an odd way when I push it back into the tube). The shine doesn't last very long, but the color does stay on your lips for a decent amount of time for a gloss. Anyway, I kinda like re-applying since this smells so good. Finally, the price (under $4) is great for the amount you get. Will try the Capuccino LipLite next.

on 2/13/2005 6:28:00 AM

Gorgeous YLBB shade. Very creamy, great shine, great lasting power. Comparable to MAC Lust Lipglass for SURE.

Popular Lip Glosses