July 29, 2014 | 917 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

Now I have both the black one and the charcoal one. I bought the charcoal one by accident thinking I had the black one in my hand, wrong! But anyway, I do love this eyeliner. I usually prefer liquid eyeliners, but I heard such rave reviews about this I thought I'd give it a try. And I am impressed. The little brush that comes with it, actually works well, it is pretty precise and you can easily go thin or thick depending on the look your going for. It goes on easily and a little does go a long way. I also love how black it actually is. However, I have oily lids so if I am wearing this the whole day it might smudge a tad bit by the end of the day, nothing too dramatic though. Its not enough to put me off. So I do love this eyeliner and I can tell it will last me a loooooong while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Reem88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

easy to apply but i use my own brush
first i use any kind of black eyeshadow to guide me draw the lines then i put the maybelline eyeliner
it is long lasting but not super super dark

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always been a pencil eyeliner girl but saw this and having heard great things about gel liner, decided to try it. The brush that comes with it is awesome! I will admit, it's hard to get used to doing it and sometimes I cheat and start with a lighter pencil, filling in with this gel. It works fab!! It stays put, some slight fading in the inner corners but not bad. For the price and the nice, dark black line, you can't beat this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

This product is fantastic. I was a pencil user for years (I know, I know...) and just switched. I love the strong, bold line it leaves. Fear not, gel beginners... it's MUCH easier to be precise with a brush than a dull pencil. Plus, you don't have to sharpen anything. It's a good price too, 10$ or so. By the end of the day, it has hardly transferred to my eyelids like eyepencil would. In fact, it hardly budges at all (but is still super easy to remove). HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by vanessakkk

I love it!! it lasts all night long on my oily eyelids and it goes on smoothly . it's kinda hard to take off but that doesnt bother me and the brush that comes with is pretty hard to use. I use my angle brush and it works amazingly!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great rival to the MAC fluidline gel liners. It is very pigmented and I do not need to go over my line multiple times to get even coverage. The formula is moist and I feel it smudges a little less than MAC. I use a Lancome angled liner brush to apply and find it easy to obtain a winged liner look. The brush they give is cute and it may work well for beginners, I just prefer angled. I use gel/potted liners often and they take some practice to master, but once you do they are great. I do not have oily eyelids and I only use this on my top eyelid as I have problems with watery eyes. I use MAC prolong wear eyeliner for my lower lashes because every other eyeliner I have ever used bleeds on my lower lash line. Packaging is good, this liner could last you a very long time because I hardly need to dip my brush in it. Good drug store dupe for MAC

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this liner when I was on a kick about shaking up my makeup routine. I've always loved the way liner looks on upper lids (thus far, I've only been a eyeliner-on-the-waterline kinda gal) but I've yet to master the process of application. After trying and trying to do a perfect line, I ended up tossing this in a drawer and leaving it. I just recently dug it out and have been using it for the past few weeks. I still can't do a decent upper lid line to save my life but I've found this liner works very, very well as budge proof liner for the waterline. Who knew?

When I did use this liner on my upper lids, I did so sparingly as (again) I'm still trying to master the application. I did find that it works very well on upper lids. I have oily lids and it never smeared even without a primer or eyeshadow. After watching some random makeup video where the subject advising using a gel liner for the waterline (why this never occurred to me in the 20+ years I've been slapping makeup on my mug, I'll never know), I've been using this on my waterline for the last few weeks. I've used nearly every pencil on the planet in hopes of finding one that didn't smear but never found one that actually stays. I always end up with black smudgies under my eyes or the liner migrates to the crook of my eyes and creates black eye boogies. Thus far, the Drama Liner stays put but, even better, it stays vibrantly black. I use a flat eye brush to apply a nice amount and even by the end of the day, it's still exactly where I put it.

The downsides to this liner is that it dries out quickly. I keep all my makeup in a drawer away from light and I always make sure the lids are on tight but this still dried out fairly quickly after I bought it. In comparison, I bought MAC's Fluidline around the same time and the gel still looks as good as the day I bought it. I also found that the brush that comes along with this pretty useless. That could be due to my own ineptness but I bought a MAC eyeliner brush shortly after I bought this liner and it works much better. Your mileage may vary of course.

Overall, this is a great liner. It's cheap, very black and stays put. I'm not crazy about its shelf life but if you're looking for a liner that is fairly cheap and works, this one is a great choice.

Edit to add: I lost my mind and bought two other shades of this, Eggplant and Sapphire, and they're both great. I reach for the Eggplant shade more frequently than I do the black now because Eggplant really makes brown eyes pop. I've also noticed that this really doesn't run or streak. I apply it quite liberally on my waterline and no matter how long it's on, it stays exactly where I put it. HG status but I still wish it didn't dry out so quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by egoodwin

I love gel eyeliners and finding one at a reasonable price is great. I love the little pot and I even love the little brush that it comes with. I think that the formula is nice when you're working with it on your eyes as it gives you enough time to play with the look before it dries. I wear cat eyes every day so it is important to me that my more dramatic look stays and this is where the product is loosing a lippie. After a couple of hours I find that this product has major issues with fading. Perhaps this would be a better product if they had a waterproof or more long lasting formula! Then it would get a five out of five!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Britty18

This is a great gel eyeliner. It is very creamy and pigmented and so easy to apply. I used to use it on my top lid and on my waterline, but the top line always turned out too thick for my liking so I switched to a liquid liner for the top. I still use this on my waterline and it is the only eyeliner I have used which stays on it well. Even though the pot is little this stuff lasts forever! When mine eventually runs out I will definitely buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Eliiiiissaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this is brown and black. I LOVE these gel eyeliners. They're so creamy and vibrant. I use my own eyeliner brush because it gives me more control, but the brush it comes with works pretty well and I sometime ruse it to brush a dark eyeshadow by my bottom lash line as a substitution to eyeliner. Great eyeliner and great price.