August 23, 2014 | 1806 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Since everyone else is doing it, I'll also compare this to Mac Fluidline because that one is my favorite medium/high-end gel liner. I drew a line of both on the back of my hand and left them there for most of the day.

LIKE Mac Fluidline, Maybelline's gel liner is soft, easy to work with, and well-pigmented. Both gel liners dry matte, so there is no shine or glossy effect. They both do not smudge on my oily lids (especially if I wear a good eyeshadow primer underneath) and I can wear them for many hours without any transfer on to my hooded lids, which is a big plus. I was pretty impressed with the staying power of the Maybelline liner because I actually scrub at it with soap to get it off my hand later on.

I HATED the brush it came with though. It did little more than push the gel around on my eyelid and made it hard to apply one smooth line. At first, I thought the brown in this line was quite sheer, but it turned out that the thick, stiff brush was just making it look that way. With a better, smaller, slightly softer eyeliner brush, the brown Maybelline eyeliner was just as intense as Mac Fluidline.

End result: A pretty good Mac Fuildline dupe for a little more than half of the price! New HG found :) Bumping my rating up to 5 since I initially had it at 4 due to the sheerness issue.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Hellllll yeeeeeah

I got this after hearing about how black it was and reading a couple of reviews for it saying that it was great at staying put and not transferring onto the rest of the eyelid. I've gotta say that when I first tried this, I absolutely hated it. It was smearing all over the place, would sink into my crease (winged liner all day erryday over here), wasn't too impressed. I was just using it with primer underneath and nothing else since most days I cbf to put eyeshadow on.

Theeeen I put some translucent powder over the primer, then the eyeliner over that, and I love it. I don't know why I didn't try doing that before (pretty much the same as putting eyeliner over eyeshadow, right? which most of my eyeliners behave with).

Anyway, it's very black, very opaque, and matte. Stays put on me all day. Also, it has a really nice consistency/texture to it. It's not super slippery, but it glides on easily. The brush it comes with is nice too, I don't use it much personally because I prefer one of those bent eyeliner brushes, but when I do use it it performs well. The eyeliner washes off easily with makeup remover.

Overall I would recommend this, and will repurchase when I use up the one I have now.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

HG eyeliner. I am new to gel and decided to go with Maybelline after researching. I got eggplant and charcoal to start and LOVE them. I like them much more than pencils and liquid. I will never buy pencils again. Next on my list is the black.

The brush is very precise for a brush that comes with a product, I am impressed. The gel is very creamy and has not dried. The liner lasts all day long with NO smudging. I hate how liquid liners and pencils especially smudge after awhile. I have watery eyes at the corners and they always wear away. Not with this. I am sold.

I was told this is a dupe for MAC Fluid line and better? So that is off my wish list!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBikki

Wow, amazing love this product. I was using the Mac version but when it ran out (mind you it went try very quickly i.e. pretty much straight away but could still use it) I decided to try this instead after reading the positive reviews. I have it in blackest black. I can guarantee you it's...:
*so much cheaper than the mac version (a bargain especially if you buy when on sale like I did)
*comes out beautifully
*hasn't dried out like the mac one did straight away
*stays on, I don't use a primer but stays on pretty much all day. Like the Mac one, if you apply in the morning of course you may need a re-touch in the evening.
*my only after thought is I do like the mac brush you can buy if you want to achieve a thinner line so I recommend that you maybe buy the Mac brush so you can use that when you don't want a thicker line that the Maybelline provided brush will give you which I don't mind but depends on the look you are after.

Love this product and love the price! Definitely one product that what you pay for is not what you get as often is. Save your dollars for something better as this product is excellent. I nearly always only use Mac and expensive brands so the fact I feel this way is saying something!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

Now I have both the black one and the charcoal one. I bought the charcoal one by accident thinking I had the black one in my hand, wrong! But anyway, I do love this eyeliner. I usually prefer liquid eyeliners, but I heard such rave reviews about this I thought I'd give it a try. And I am impressed. The little brush that comes with it, actually works well, it is pretty precise and you can easily go thin or thick depending on the look your going for. It goes on easily and a little does go a long way. I also love how black it actually is. However, I have oily lids so if I am wearing this the whole day it might smudge a tad bit by the end of the day, nothing too dramatic though. Its not enough to put me off. So I do love this eyeliner and I can tell it will last me a loooooong while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Reem88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

easy to apply but i use my own brush
first i use any kind of black eyeshadow to guide me draw the lines then i put the maybelline eyeliner
it is long lasting but not super super dark

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by JeanLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always been a pencil eyeliner girl but saw this and having heard great things about gel liner, decided to try it. The brush that comes with it is awesome! I will admit, it's hard to get used to doing it and sometimes I cheat and start with a lighter pencil, filling in with this gel. It works fab!! It stays put, some slight fading in the inner corners but not bad. For the price and the nice, dark black line, you can't beat this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

This product is fantastic. I was a pencil user for years (I know, I know...) and just switched. I love the strong, bold line it leaves. Fear not, gel beginners... it's MUCH easier to be precise with a brush than a dull pencil. Plus, you don't have to sharpen anything. It's a good price too, 10$ or so. By the end of the day, it has hardly transferred to my eyelids like eyepencil would. In fact, it hardly budges at all (but is still super easy to remove). HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by vanessakkk

I love it!! it lasts all night long on my oily eyelids and it goes on smoothly . it's kinda hard to take off but that doesnt bother me and the brush that comes with is pretty hard to use. I use my angle brush and it works amazingly!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great rival to the MAC fluidline gel liners. It is very pigmented and I do not need to go over my line multiple times to get even coverage. The formula is moist and I feel it smudges a little less than MAC. I use a Lancome angled liner brush to apply and find it easy to obtain a winged liner look. The brush they give is cute and it may work well for beginners, I just prefer angled. I use gel/potted liners often and they take some practice to master, but once you do they are great. I do not have oily eyelids and I only use this on my top eyelid as I have problems with watery eyes. I use MAC prolong wear eyeliner for my lower lashes because every other eyeliner I have ever used bleeds on my lower lash line. Packaging is good, this liner could last you a very long time because I hardly need to dip my brush in it. Good drug store dupe for MAC