July 24, 2014 | 1853 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Missfancyfootwork

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a new foundation and after reading countless reviews I decided on this baby and I'm glad I did!! ok so the finish is demi-matte, coming from a normal/dry combo I can say its a very flattering finish. . its like skin! However I do recommend exfoliating your skin at least twice a week if you have dry skin, I did experience some dry patch clinging but nothing a exfoliating sesh won't fix. I've applied it with my fingers, sigma f80, and beauty blender and my favorite is the sponge application. I recommend getting color matched and not buying online. I'm an Nc30 in mac and I was convinced Punjab was my shade and almost ordered online. thank the beauty gods I went to sephora because my perfect shade was figi. I was quite surprised to be in the light category as I've always been considered medium in other brands so definitely get color matched. all in all this foundation is my favorite and love everything about it except the price of course but in my opinion it's worth it!! the whole pump situation does not bother me at all I mean c'mon just was your hands with anti-bacterial soap before you do your makeup which everyone should be doing anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by adhanoa1

I love this foundation! The coverage is medium, but can be built up to full coverage. The foundation itself is very light and doesnt feel cakey on my face. It looks natural and doesnt look like you have layers of makeup on your face. It gives the face a nice glow (hence the name sheerglow!). I bought it from my local Sephora and it was a bit on the pricey side - but its worth it!

The only thing I didnt like was the packaging. It is terrible. If you are paying top dollar for the foundation, there should be a pump. I think its ridiculous that Nars sells the pump seperately on their website.

Other than the packaging issue - great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by ana7890

I generally love NARS products (particularly their velvet matte lip pencils, blushes and the radiant creamy concealer) but this foundation was disappointing. It really clings to my dry patches, and looked cakey and quite horrible in pictures. It made my pores more visible and just didn't do much to make my skin look flawless. The packaging is annoying too, I had to pay an extra $4 cos the original one didn't come with a pump.. so overall a waste of money for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Lefox92

I'm addicted to this foundation. The first time it was ever applied on me, I was thrilled: it is super light, not cakey at all and has a really natural look. I build it up at nighttime and it's fine. My colour is Barcelona, and I don't know why I had ever bought another foundation before!

Be warned though: make sure you wear primer or otherwise it just rubs right off your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Sandy01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic foundation! Leaves my skin looking absolutely flawless! No breakouts, super easy to apply, smooth and flawless finish. I use the sigma F80 foundation brush to apply this foundation and it is great. My skin as never looked so healthy and glowing. The only downside to this foundation is that you have to buy the pump separately and that is why I have not given it top marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Fazira

This is sort of a HG foundation for me. I bought it in Barcelona and it matches my neck very well. Though I don't reach for it often (perhaps because of the fact that I have one too many), there's no reason to say that this foundation performs any less than what is expected of one. Coverage is medium, and can be buildable as well. It doesn't look cakey, and certainly does not clog pores or break me out. From the name, you would think that you'd get a 'glow' after applying, but to my surprise, it really doesn't do that. I only get a slightly dewy finish/semi-matte finish. I was initially thinking of the sheer matte one, but the lady told me that they're both pretty much oil-free so it wouldn't hurt to use this one even with oily skin. After hours of using it, it did not budge and that's all well and good. Funny thing happened, when I was saying goodbye to my bf as we won't see each other for a long time, some of the foundation transferred on his white shirt while I was hugging him (moment killer much) and he was appalled ! I guess I should've used a primer.. Anyway, I don't like it that it came with just a tube and that if you wanted a pump, you have to buy it off separately. I really don't like this marketing strategy. I think all foundations need to come with a pump. The price is pretty steep, too. But I suppose you get what you pay for. And it also lasts a long time. Overall, good stuff, great color range and awesome staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Julesbee2249

LOVE this foundation! So natural & the color selection is amazing for us girls with yellow undertones! I wish it wasn't so expensive but whatever. It's NARS.. What do you expect?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Breena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Right, so! In this foundation, I am the shade Stromboli, which I find to be a perfect match! I find MAC foundations to be slightly too yellow for my skin.
I find the coverage for this to be sheer to medium buildable, which is absolutely perfect for me, depending on what kind of look I'm going for! It hides all of my redness and I absolutely love it!
The first time I wore this, I plain and simple didn't get on with it. I set it with a mineral powder and decided to leave it alone, not touching it up throughout the day. I found that my skin became incredibly oily after wearing it for a few hours.
The second time I wore it, I used all the same products in the same regime beforehand again, then applied my sheer glow. I then set it with Ben Nye's banana powder and found that it stayed fine for 6 hours! No oil slick skin!
I absolutely adore the finish of this foundation. As a girl who always had oily skin, I always stuck to completely matte foundations. My skin is now balancing out to normal/combination, so I decided to give Sheer Glow a chance! I do not regret it at all.

The only cons I have is that seeing as though it is so pricey, it doesn't come with a pump, and the bottle is pretty small. I find these to be the only disappointing points.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by tirnanog1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not 'sheer' and there is no 'glow' An awful foundation...dont be fooled by the premium price, this is not a premium product. The foundation sits like a mask on the skin and slides off in a few hours, also makes your skin look dry even if you dont have dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

I absolutely love this foundation!
I live in Australia where is gets really hot and sweaty throughout the summer months. Over the past couple of years I have stuck with the longer wearing foundations such as Mac Pro Longwear and Lancome tient Idole, however I started to notice that although these don't budge, they were making my skin look 'old' and I started to feel them on my face.

Nars Sheer Glow is a thin consistency with such great coverage, although it isn't 'mask like' like the other foundations I have worn in the past. It goes on so smoothly and is so easy to blend. I apply one layer with fingers and buff on another where I need it. I usually pair this foundation with the Nars radiant creamy concealer and a setting powder.
I do find that on really hot days it's staying power isn't perfect, but with a little touching up I make do.
Colour range is great. I love that Nars have catered for us Neutral toned girls, as I always struggle to find a shade in Mac foundations that isn't too pink or yellow.
I did take off a lippie or 2 as this retails for nearly $70 in Australia which I think is a lot for a foundation. I also find that the lids can sometimes leak a little, so I've ordered the pumps which I'm hoping will fix that.
Great foundation, highly recommend!