NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 2/8/2015 8:56:00 PM

I have this in shade Siberia which is pretty light. I'd say my skin colour is fair but not pale. This however is a pretty good match. It's very nice foundation but i regret of buying this a bit for there's absolutely nothing special in this foundation. I love my Estee Lauder Double wear much much more. One downside besides the price is that you just can't use this if you're skin is even a little bit of dry. All the dry patches instantly pop up more. So you need a really well moisturized skin. Also i don't see much of a glow, it leaves quite matte finish. Coverage is light to medium.

on 2/8/2015 6:13:00 PM

I tried to love this... but it just didn't love my skin. Today I finally put an almost full bottle in the trash, and my wallet cried (bought it too long ago, so I can't return it). It clung to dry patches, oxidized, and just melted off my skin. Maybe it's because I live in the tropics? Or because I do my makeup at around 6:30 am and it needs to last until I leave work at 5:30pm? Whatever it is, it just didn't work for me.

on 2/8/2015 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Seriously the best foundation I have ever tried. This is a great foundation if you "hate" foundation. By this I mean it doesn't ever look cakey in any way, shape, or form. This foundation looks like skin-- your BEST skin. Your skin when it's naturally radiant and glowing. Every time I put this foundation on I feel like I'm tricking everyone around me into thinking that I have way better skin than I naturally do. I use the color Ceylan in summer and Gobi in winter. I encourage anyone who is after that glow to go for this one..apparently they are about to update their packaging for this foundation and they are going to include the pump with the new packaging, so we can all look forward to that!

on 2/6/2015 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Nars Sheer Glow is a foundation which gets a lot of attention, which in my opinion is so well deserved. I have two foundations on rotation, Nars Sheer Glow and Mac Studio Sculpt. I have used SG for about a year and a half and I put it on today after not wearing for a while and just let out a happy sigh. I am NC25 and have the shade Punjab, which is a great colour match for girls with medium yellow toned skin. It blends out perfectly, it gives medium coverage and makes your skin look amazingly fresh and glowy (as the name would suggest). The coverage is definately medium with the ability to be built up higher. This foundation makes me stop searching for anything else, I am just not interested in buying anything else because I know this works for me. I am on the last legs of the product and will definately be repurchasing this beauty. The only downside is the packaging is less than desirable, doesn;t come with a pump, messy cap and pour system just makes it gross around the top of the tube. Buy the pump and save yourself the hassle. But seriously, SG is so good the ba packaging isn't a big issue at all (just a small annoyance).

on 1/31/2015 1:31:00 AM

I only took a lippy off cause I fell in love with the new weightless luminous glow whatever it's called. I used this foundation in Punjab for the last few years I've never been loyal to a foundation before I met my match literally with this stuff. Before Punjab came into my life matching was the most difficult thing. It's not over yellow and not pink perfect for my olive complexion. It's stayed on perfectly for at least 7 hours with primer, powder and setting spray which was great for my oily skin. However nars kinda got me hooked again because I feel as though I've just entered into another long term relationship with yet another one of their foundations. I really love the dewy finish on this it's perfect to wear year round. You literally do get a nice glow from the dewy finish it leaves it's actually radiant. Another issue was the pump. For the price as many other reviewers have stated paying $6 is unreasonable, to me almost unethical in the makeup world but jeez. Not gonna lie I never bought one, I refused, I have some mercy when it comes to spending extra money on nonsense this close to $50 was enough. It lasts so long, little goes a long way, apply with your hand it's made to be applied that way and looks way better IMO. and preserves product, you really don't need much. Mine lasted almost a year. I only wear makeup 3-4 times a week though, I get lazy and my skin def needs to breathe as I have very sensitive skin. Hope this helped!!!

I used this foundation for awhile but it's horrible, especially in the heat. It slips off my face and I had to put my concealer on before my foundation just so my nose wouldn't be completely makeup-less after this foundation slipped off. It seemed fine when I put it on, I couldn't use it when I had dry patches because this foundation just clung to them.

on 1/30/2015 7:02:00 PM

When the NARS lady applied my foundation, I was in LOVE. When I tried to do at home, I only fell in "like"....BUT I experimented and we are in love again. My tips:
Apply with fingers
use a good moisurizer (I have combo/acne prone skin and use: Lait Creme Concentre )
Use the NARS concealer for full coverage (its AMAZING!)
Still searching for a setting powder but the NARS one will be ok until I find a replacement...

on 1/29/2015 2:27:00 AM

This does a better job in covering pores and red marks than Laura mercier smooth finish flawless fluide. But I am in between Deauville and Fiji (I am nars tinted moisturizer Alaska ) . So, color doesn't match and could not use it. Neither can I use the tinted moisturizer as it is SPF with titanium oxide ( clogging pores for break out prone skin).

on 1/26/2015 3:10:00 PM

I wouldn't reccomne this foundation...
My skin is normal to combination, and this foundation looks horrible on it after a few hours, especially after a few hours. It cracks up and after some hours I have no foundation left on my face, except in my pores (which aren't that big).
I really wanted to love this because it's so much raved about, but unfortunately its not a good foundation for me.

on 1/20/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Didn't like this product at first - applied it with a stippling brush and found that it was quite cakey, especially just under the eyes/around the nose, without adding much coverage, and it applied unevenly. However, when it's applied with fingers it blends very smoothly and gives a gorgeous finish, its easily my favourite foundation right now, the only disadvantage is that it doesn't have a pump. It also has a light/sheer coverage, so you would need a very good concealer to hide any blemishes

Video Reviews & Tutorials