NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 3/9/2015 4:54:00 PM

I'd read soo much about this foundation and I'd honestly wanted to try it for so long after seeing so many youtubers talking about it, but if I'm completely honest I was kinda disappointed by it. I really wanted to like this as the colour match was so good (I was matched to the shade Siberia, I really struggle to find cool-toned yet pale shades) but with my dry skin in the middle of winter, it kind of just sat on my face and didn't really blend very well and looked a little streaky. I applied lots of moisturiser before as well as exfoliating well- I even tried applying it with brushes and sponges but it just seemed to make my skin look dry and to put it simply, a bit odd. I feel like this foundation might work well for me in the summer as the coverage and colour match were great, but maybe it's just not for me in the winter months.

on 3/8/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am a die hard NARS sheer matte advocate but a year ago I switched to sheer glow and was hooked. I originally used the sheer matte for my oily skin however, I found with sheer glow it stayed on longer and looked great on my skin. I'm naturally dewy FYI. I alternate between the two foundations but if I want to look less natural and caked, I use sheer glow. I absolutely would recommend this to all skin types who appreciate a natural look and face friendly products.

on 3/8/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was pretty disappointed with this foundation with all the hype I've seen.

this looks terrrrrrrible if your skin is even the slightest bit dry! So bad. Never experienced a foundation aging me and looking as dry and weird as this one. And I don't even have dry skin! My skin's pretty normal/combo.
If I wear this over a radiant/moisturizing primer and ensure my chin isn't dry, I get better results. And I will say it looks the best when you apply with your fingers!!

I've had my bottle for over a year and a half now and still have about half left. too much of hassle to use and results aren't really worth it. On the rare occasion I feel willing to give this another chance, it does photograph beautifully and wears alright. The color range is good too. I have the shade deauville and it's ok for my NC25 skin.

Hate how this doesn't come with a pump. so ridiculous.

The only redeeming quality of this foundation is that the color Siberia is a perfect match for my NC10 skin.

I don't know why they market it for dry skin, it looks awful on dry skin. It accentuates dry patches, sinks into fine lines (I'm 29, this shouldn't be happening yet) and just looks blah on my skin. I also hate that I had to buy a pump separately for it.

I mix it with moisturizer and use it on top of a hydrating primer and only wear it when I am going out at night (so only a few hours of wear). I probably won't buy it again, it's too much of a hassle trying to make it work!

on 3/3/2015 8:19:00 AM

I really really really wanted to fall in love with this product given it cost me a fortune, but it just didn't sit well on my combination/acne prone skin.I got colour matched at a Mecca store and my shade is Mont Blanc which matches my exact skin shade, so naturally I thought it would be perfect for my skin, and on initial application I loved it. The formula just glides across the skin, a little bit does go a long way and it gives my skin a beautiful dewy glow. Great right?

However, as I wore the foundation more I realised that the staying power is rubbish on my skin type. It slides off my skin in a matter of hours, I become so shiny on my nose, chin and forehead even if I apply matte powder on top to set my foundation and my face looks super pale and washed out because half the foundation has disappeared. So, so, so disappointing! I am contemplating buying a darker shade just to give it another try but I don't think its worth it.

In saying all this, if you have normal or dry skin, this foundation would be so good for you! It really is beautiful and you can really tell the quality is good as it blends so well and gives you such a nice glow, however it just isn't for my skin type.

on 2/27/2015 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation and had to save up for it. The color is very true to life, and matches my light olive skn well wthout making me look pasty. The formula is light and doesn't clog pores or irritate-but frankly I don't use enough to cover my whole face. I don't know how to to do full face makeup.
Anyway, the price is outrageous, and the packaging just...sucks. The product ends up mostly inside the screw top cap or all around it on the flat top of the bottle where it dries and I am not putting that back in the bottle. I was told by the SA at Sephora to "use your finger ONLY" well up yours lady, I'll use a brush thanks.

on 2/26/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this foundation, but I am not in love with it. It covered spots on my face and made it look very even overall. I did notice on my skin that I couldn't layer it much or it would look caked and unnatural. However, that isn't a huge issue for me because I don't need full coverage. I prefer light to medium, which is what this foundation is. The lasting power is so-so. I wouldn't say it's bulletproof, but it will stay on your face 4-8 hours depending on your activity level. I use it for going out at night or other special occasions. I haven't tested it out in the sweltering heat, so I cannot speak to how it performs on hot days. I really like how smooth and light it feels when applying and it's stupid-easy to blend. Not sure it gives you much of a glow, but I have other products for that. Overall, I am pleased with this foundation and will continue to use it up. You do get quite a large bottle for the price, however, I am not sure I will repurchase yet. And a tip...buy the pump for it!!

on 2/26/2015 4:05:00 PM

Used to be my everyday foundation but I found that after a while I went off it because it was just completely coming off my face half way through the day as if I had no foundation on at all, I don't like to look cakey but I do like to look polished and as if I've went to some effort! It can cling to dry patches on your skin as well and I don't think it's very glowy. I have a full bottle of this because I didn't know what other foundation to buy and I was so used to that! What a waste :( not high coverage at all

on 2/23/2015 11:15:00 PM

The first thing that bothers me about this product is that it doesn't come with a pump. It's something you have to buy separately (and if it was a good product like MAC Studio fix then I wouldn't mind, but it's not). To start off, I find NARS foundation to be too yellow for my Asian NW25 skin. This foundation was too sheer and it didn't give me the right type of glow. It just made me look oily. I noticed that throughout the day the foundation would melt off around the crevices of my nose, and it just didn't sit right on my skin.

on 2/23/2015 7:11:00 PM

This foundation can be worn "sheer" but is definitely more so on the medium side in my opinion. Just 1 & 1/2 pumps max 2 and I have a nice medium coverage canvas. My issues are, it's not as "Glowy" as I expected. It's more of a demi matte because it dries pretty quick and settles into fines quite quickly as well so setting with powder right away is ideal. Most medium shades run either really yellow or really pink. It was a little tough choosing a shade. ( I'm a Pro MUA. I specialize in color matching so matching myself is typically easy peasy). For reference I am a MAC NC35 (oily combo skin. Dry during colder season) and in Nars SG I purchased Stromboli. A little yellower than I would have preferred but it beats being pink! On the skin it doesn't look awful or cakey. I think it looks nice. But this can be because I prime and use a damp beauty blender to apply (that sponge does all the work for you!).

I really did not like the no pump thing but I got over that in a short time. Finally tracked down the pump (everyone is always sold out) and guess what... NO Cover! for once the pump is in! BUT the original packaging was the only cover. It's a screw top not a cover with a small screw top underneath. This I am not over! :( I hate having a coverless foundation even though yes the pump turns left for close. It just looks weird.

Aside from the visual upset, the foundation has good coverage, no funny smells or odd texture and if you find the right shade and don't have drier skin it can be amazing. I think its nice but I don't need another bottle because I have others that I like just little more for different reasons. Lets see how I feel during warmer months. I'll update if there's any change :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials