January 26, 2015 | 1608 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by qcumburmelin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the powder, but find that I can only use a tiny bit of it. Since I use it to try to "perfect" my complexion, using a little bit of product doesn't do anything for me at all. It gives me a whitish/greenish/yellowish cast. Instead of smoothing out the discolored parts of my face, it just makes my entire face whitish green.

However, if applied very lightly, I can see this working as a setting powder. That's why I decided to give it a 3 instead of a lower rating. Unfortunately for me, I like to pack my setting powder on since I am oily and so this doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by KandyKisses

I really like this cute little compact. I bought it for $3.00 at my local Target and I was a little skeptical at first. I kept it in the package for a few days, and I opened it before I left to see my boyfriend. We went out in the city and I must say this little thing did a pretty awesome job on keeping my skin as matte as my oily skin can get! I had a little sheen, but a few touch-ups kept me going. It doesn't help my redness or acne marks, so I just use it over top of my powder when my skin gets icky. It goes on clean and seems to even out my make-up. I'm really diggin' this powder!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this since I have oily prone skin, given the price I gave it a shot (ordered through the eyeslipsface.com w/50% coupon code that comes out every now and again, can't beat it for $2) It's definitely not a must have, and does appear chalky when first applied. Overall I'd say it's a good blotting powder, I much prefer MACs blotting powder, but again the price for this is a good option.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Lewipop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is good apart from the fact that i can't notice any difference it makes to my make-up. Its always the last thing I apply it to my face and I cannot say i look any different afterwards. I would buy it again though because although I look no different, it leaves my skin smooth and I think it helps to keep my foundation on for a little bit longer. I also love the mirror because I think it is the perfect size to see your whole face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this powder. I use it every day, once after applying all my makeup to set it all in and blend out any blush if needed. Then, I'll use it throughout the day to mattify. I have oily skin, and to be honest I really wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry skin. It has a chalky consistency at first that is naturally absorbed by the oils on my face, which balances it out and makes it even. It doesn't do any crazy wonders for my skin tone, but I wasn't really expecting a miracle out of this 4$ powder. If I were expecting something to make my complexion look "perfect," I'd be in a doctor's chair, not on the ELF website. Although I do love their products! This powder takes away the shine without leaving my face looking all dusty and powdery. It's not a High Def powder, but it works fine for me for every day. Worth a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by dopekickss

i tried so hard to like this, but i just couldnt. i wanted this to work and even out my skintone... but it did nothing but make me look pale, and powdery. caked my nose up pretty bad! this will probably work a lot better on girls with very light skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this powder does wonders, especially for something that only costs about 4 dollars! I often times find myself wearing this alone, as during the incredibly balmy (to put it nicely, otherwise I'd let it be known that here it's F*CKING HOT) summer months I don't like to wear much more than I have to on my face. I think that the coverage of this powder is very buildable, but only if you're in the medium-light complexion range and below. Otherwise, yes, piling this powder on will create a very ashy or ghostly pale effect that really won't be too forgiving on many people. I feel like this product does what it says it will- no question about that. It truly does even up and significantly brighten up my complexion. I have yet to wear it over a foundation, but I can expect to be completely wowed when I do. Over my colorless sunscreen I can see a big difference in the tone of my skin with and without it on. I can only imagine how flawless this would make my skin look over a foundation! When it cools down and I can be outside for more than 10 seconds without streams of sweat running down my face, I'll really put this to the test. It does help maintain a matte complexion but much can't really be expected in this heat. It's got a very silky, light texture and isn't the slightest bit gritty. Not even when I'm sweating. This is an amazing product for the price!

EDIT: This does not do as well with foundation as I'd previously suspected. Over my matte foundation, this powder is just way too chalky to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by owleyeglasses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to admit this does no miracles for redness or anything, but it does seem to even out my skin tone a fair amount, as well as matte and set my foundation. Does not make my skin chalky even though it looks white on the brush! I use it after foundation and concealer, before blush and highlighter etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by FluffyLlama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's just a powder to me. I have redness and this doesn't do anything but make me look old and dry... :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I actually own both the "Cool" and "Warm" versions of this product. The "Cool" shade provides more a brightening effect to my face. However, the "Warm" shade not only evens out my complexion but it also adds just a hint of brightening to it as well.

Overall, I do feel the "Cool" shade is better suited for individuals with either Porcelain or Light Complexions. While, the "Warm" shade is better suited for Medium, Tan, and Dark complexions instead.

And, if you have combination or oily skin, you will really appreciate the oil control properties that this powder provides. It happens to work great at keeping my face shine free for long periods of time!