MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 10/1/2011 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my current favorite MLBB lipstick that truly goes with almost every FOTD. (My absolute favorite MLBB is still Bare Slimshine but I have yet to find an adequate replacement. This lipstick is almost the exact same color as my lips but adds that extra something that just completes my makeup look. I love it for everyday or to balance out a smokey eye without looking washed out. It has a semi-sheer "lustre" finish that is buildable. There is no shimmer/sparkles, but I love that the shine is subtle. It lasts about three hours on me since it is sheer/shiny. For reference I am NC25-30 asian with medium pigmented lips.

on 9/25/2011 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My lips but better.. I prefer this for a natural look over nudes

I love this lipstick it looks very natural on. I think this is 1 of the reason why it's so popular. The color goes very well with just everyday wear or for work.

on 8/8/2011 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I went to the MAC counter in search of a nude/mutedpink/mauve. I love buying shades that I would wear everyday at MAC as I would get the most use for my money. The girl there swatched some and instantly we both knew this was the one. When i got to the car and put it on, it looked like it was washing me out and too muted. I was relentless. I knew it had to work. I was just probably too greasy and sun burnt that day.

Since then, only love. It is so beautiful. Hug Me is a beige/pink creamy l/s. It is such the perfect nude for my lips. I dont need a lip liner or lip gloss. Straight from the tube and I'm gone. It doesnt not wash me out after all and is great for everyday. Its is buildable and not the most long wearing as it is moisturing. Worth the money.

LOVE this, perfect for a nude lips, looks like my own lips but prettier.
I have quite strong pink lips although my skin's quite fair and this just matches perfectly.
Also lustre is my favourite Mac's formula, so flattering and does not sit on the wrinkles of the lips.

on 5/30/2011 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hug Me adds a subtle nude shimmery sheen to my lips. Although it does not last as long as some lipsticks I feel it is perfect for during the day and it feels very light and moisturising.

on 5/22/2011 1:35:00 AM

5 things:

1. NC35 skin tone here with pigmented lips. Color doesn't show up on my lips. It appears like I just had tinted lip balm.
2. Color is so misleading. For some reason it turns out red on my lips.
3. Packaging + smell = lovely (as always)
4. Quite expensive.
5. Non-drying.

Enough said.

on 5/18/2011 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wear this lipstick everyday! It is a nice nude pink and because it is a lustre it keeps the lips looking nice and glossy. This lipstick would look great on anyone. If you are looking for a lipstick that is suitable for everyday use then this lipstick is for you!

on 5/10/2011 4:05:00 PM

Hug me is a pretty nude, the texture is so smooth on the lips, and it give a nice lustre (well, it's in the lustre collection anyway). I like it, I don't love it, but I like it. I'm very fair, but my lips have naturally a lot of pigmentation, so on me it's like another reviewer said "my lips, but more pretty". I still think I would prefer a more younger looking pinkish nude but I love it anyway. I thought that hug me was more pinkish by the look of the swatch I saw on the internet, my bad for not trying it before buying it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my HG lippie. It matched my lips perfectly and the color can go with any look. It's quite sheer but has a gorgeous lustre finish to it that also glides on so smoothly and doesn't dry out my lips very easily. I think it also matches a lot of skintones too which earns it a special spot in my makeup bag and a repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin