April 20, 2014 | 933 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Hug Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I have rosey pigmented lips, NW20 skin. This just didn't even make a dent in my lips. It is pretty much the same issue I had with Modesty, Patisserie, & Syrup. You couldn't even tell I had put anything on. My lips looked nice and polished, but it did not show up. I don't think the MUA would have believed it if she didn't see it. But then again, she had hard time getting the concept that my lips are that rosey naturally. I was looking for a more nude-ish color (not my lips but better or concealer lips, but a toned down, more nudey-pink) and ended up getting Creme de Nude instead of Hug Me. It is a much better fit and reminds me more (look/feel) of my beloved, but LE Innocence Beware. I tried both Modesty and Hug Me because many fellow MUA'ers suggested them when I requested nude-ish colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by jenam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick! It is my favorite nude in my lipstick collection. It has some color to it and doesn't make me look sickly like some other nude lipsticks. For reference, I wear No. 30 Porcelain in MUFE Mat Velvet.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so-so. Its a very safe MLBB colour, works pretty well as a nude with most eye looks but its fairly boring and short wearing.

The taste and packaging are the better aspects of this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

More MLBB than nude for me. Nice color, more brown than pink though, lustre formula, wears off easily. NW30 for reference

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by priscilladeana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a pinkish/brown lipstick for Fall, and ended up ordering Hug Me online. I should've known better than to order an unfamiliar makeup product online, but I was certain that I would like this one. I can't really say that I dislike this color, but it really does nothing for me. I have semi-dark skin (NC40) and the only way I can describe this color on me would be like a sheer frosty pinkish that isn't very flattering. In the tube it looks nice, but it's just not my color. I gave it 3 lippies because it did moisturize my lips nicely and doesn't have a weird taste like some of the Urban Decay lipsticks.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another lustre nude-no coverage-sheer lipstick. I dont like this color, and I dont like creme d nude, high tea, and all those lipsticks that are sheer, so if you have pigmented lips, this will do nothing for you. Also if you have fine lines, stay away from this. Would never buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by fancypants123

This is my go to nude lipstick for fall/winter! I really love adding "glamour od" gloss on top when I am going for a punch of color, or adding "nymphette" when I want to keep my lips pretty neutral to balance out a smokey or dark eye look. This product made me fall in love with lipstick again. I have been a liner/gloss only girl for 10 years now, but am trying lipsticks again. I am thinking of getting this with the smashbox nude liners for christmas gifts for all my girlfriends. I can't imagine it looking bad on anyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

Not the right lipstick for me. I do not get the pink undertones, but brownish ones. Does nothing for my lips really. I own it, do not use it much and the only real justification for it that I can see is the smokey eye look, when you do not want you lips to stand out. With this lipstick on, my lips almost dissapear. I am NW15.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by baharh

This has replaced jubilee in my mac collection. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by labellemarianne

I love this color. I have amassed many a nude lipstick over the past year and this is tied for #1 with a Revlon "almost a lipstick" that I think is discontinued. The color payoff is great for a luster and I can't imagine it looking bad on anyone. I wish MAC lipsticks were cheaper but I do love this one!