April 18, 2014 | 997 users online

washes me out
doesnt moisturize
waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by stephanydee

First off, this gives GREAT coverage for a tinted moisturizer, pretty much like a sheer coverage foundation, as for the "glitter" I notcie it on my hand, but never on my face, like it says, its a light shimmer that gives a RADIANT effect. The packaging is great. A little pricey for a drugsotre tinted moisturizer, but so worth it! It lasts for soo long! Pleasant smell, and overall MUCH better than the stila and covergirl tintes mousturizers. This is a must-have for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

While I will admit that this product does give exceptional coverage for a "Tinted Moisturizer, it dried my face up! I mean dried to the point of flaking in areas of my face that have never flaked before. I love the packaging because of the lockable pump. And the SPF 30 is just awesome for a face make up product. But, really...aren't tinted moisturizers supposed to MOISTURIZE???

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lady8

I'm really disappointed with moisturiser, mostly because it doesn't moisturise. My skin's prone to redness, but in addition to leaving it too dry, this makes my redness worse. The tint partially covers the red but in uneven streaks, that rub off my face to my fingers when I try to blend it in. From a metre/yard away my skin looks all right with this on - any closer and my t-zone suddenly appears 20 years older, with tint blotched over skin that looks heavily sun damaged. Worse still, because my skin's inadequately moisturised, when I add powder or foundation it just sticks to the streaky layer of product.
And yes, the smell.. the sparkles.. the tinted fingertips leading to tinted computer keys... Be careful of rubbing any itches after applying this - whatever you touch will become 'skin' coloured.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by amayaJDB

When I first tried this, I thought it was ok at first. It felt kind of grainy, and the sparkles were really irritating me due to it getting on my hands whenever I touched my face. Coverage was ok. It didn't cover major stuff like pimples are dark spots, but it did even out my skin tone pretty well.
Problem is about 2-3 weeks of using it my skin started to break out like crazy even in areas where I normally don't get pimples. I knew I had to stop when I washed my face at night and saw my face had rashes everywhere including an acne cyst on my chin!
Stay away if you have combination/sensitive skin like I do!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by PaleFenix

This looked awful on, didn't match skin tone. Then it started to give me horrible break outs which I thought was so weird because none of the other Aveeno products I use have ever irritated my skin like this. I thought I'd keep from wasting it by using it on my legs during the summer for some color since it was making my face break out. IT MADE MY LEGS BREAKOUT. I had pimples on my freaking legs. I've never seen anything like it. I threw it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by LauraA001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My expectations were higher than what it delivered. As others have pointed out, this is much thicker than a normal moisturizer. I found that I need to cut it with another moisturizer in order to get some kind of normal consistency and to help it spread more evenly; if I don't, it's too thick and spreads heavily in a smaller area, and does some funky caking in my eyebrows (I have fine hair, these brows shouldnt be challenging for this product!). I don't feel like it provides much moisturizing (another reason to add another product), yet it DOES seem to make my oil-prone skin more oily and the shine more noticeable. I would never go without loose powder over this, and some blotting tissues to keep oil at bay every hour or so. In contrast, it does provide some incredible concealing properties for a tinted moisturizer. If my skin has a blemish or two I might opt to add a dab of concealer, but dark circles or redness are pretty well banished with just the diluted product. I've also used a dab of un-diluted product as concealer and dashed out of the house. It can certainly save time when you're in a hurry and don't have time for a full face of makeup. I am unsure if I'll repurchase this or not at this point, as I'll have to weigh the cons (thickness, lack of feeling moisturized, exacerbated oil production) with the pros (quick and easy, decent coverage) and compare it to just switching back to moisturizer and a light foundation. If this were a bit thinner in consistency and offered some oil control it would be a no-brainer for me...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sgilber

This product was such a dissapointment for me. First it has a ton of tiny shimmer particles that are obvious and get everywhere! Next it has a really strong chemical smell that lingers around for a long time after applied, which was unexpected from Aveeno. Their products typically smell fantastic! Although being focused on natural ingredients you would think it would have less chemicals, have physical spf and be fragrance free... oh well. At around 15 bucks the price is steep for a drug store product. I have to say the fact it has sunscreen and a pump bottle are the best qualities, as the product left my face super shimmery and greasy. I have sensetive combo skin and tinted moisturizer typically works well for me as long as I set it with a powder. Putting aside I can't stand the smell, I did manage to try setting with a powder. After a light dusting of powder it still looked greasy and any more powder looked muddy and cakey. The consistency is a little watery but blends well, and evens out skin tone a little, but is just TOO moisturizing. It doesn't really sink into the skin either, just adds a layer on my face, which I can't stand. I tried mixing it with a thicker foundation which was better, but didn't help with the shimmer or smell (obviously!) So I gave it to my friend who seems to like it alright. I would say if you can get over the smell and have really dry skin or want to add it to foundation, for a really dewy finish, it might work out but you could probably find a cheaper/better alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by ocems931

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this moisturizer for about a month now and I'm very disappointed in it. It smells awful and has sparkles in it, not something I would desire in this type of product. The color and coverage are decent, but I have acne constantly now (never did before) and I'm beginning to suspect this is the reason. I won't be buying again. Considering the unnatural ingredients in it, probably not the best thing to be soaking through one's skin everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by smootha

Did not care for this product. It is very thick and somewhat yellowish in the light tint. It has a tendancy to separate as it is on. Therefore application is difficult as well. I think this would be a good product to go on before a outdoor or sports activity (avoid eyes-because sunscreen burns).