October 22, 2014 | 2014 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveeno - positively radiant

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mom bought this, and since I love Aveeno products, I decided to try it (I was going to the beach and wanted a little coverage, but didn't want to deck out my face in full makeup).

Quick list of pros & cons:

Pros -
* Excellent coverage - I only needed a little bit of concealer for my under-eye circles.
* Time-saver
* Looks very natural - no cake-face or make-up line here.

Cons -
* strong smell at first but wears off eventually
* a little pricey at $15 ... but should last a long time
* Very thick..found myself needing to add regular moisturizer to it to thin it out so I wouldn't have to tug so hard at my skin.
* Shimmery...if you don't like shimmer, back away from this product.

As far as tinted moisturizers go, this is my favorite so far. But wouldn't be surprised if I found one I liked better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lilmissdaisy

I love this tm! it gives my skin a soft glow tht makes me think, summer. its enough coverage and makes me look natural.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by KelseyK

I bought this product because I was needing a moisturizer for the day and thought it would be nice to have a little extra coverage, since I normally only use powders. Well after using the product for a week I started breaking out, but thought it was due to that time of month. My face just kept getting worse and was getting oiler than ever, plus it was getting drier which caused me to want to use more of the product. I finally realized it was this product that was causing me all the trouble. I wouldn't recommend this product to someone with combination/ acne prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first tinted moistuizer I've ever used, and after comparing them to BB Creams, I decided that here in the US, the BB Creams are basically glorified tinted moisturizers. I decided to check out this. For my oily skin, it doesn't last at all, it burns my skin, and the glitter makes my face look like an oily mess. With a thick powder over it, the glitter seems to fade, but then it looks cakey. And, without powder, my face looks like I just wiped it on a frying pan. It's pretty bad. Definitely a dewy-gross finish. I would not repurchase this, because I absolutely hate the glitter. I wish I still had the box and receipt to get my money back. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by dollyhorse101

The first I used this moisturizers I didn't find that it worked too well.. it wasnt very moisturizing and felt grainy on my skin the coverage was ok, but for the price I was disappointed!

I did find a way to make this work quite nicely! the lack of moisturizing and grainy feeling were common problems I've read about this here on makeup, but I find that if you mix a tiny bit of your regular moisturizer it fixes those problems right away! When you do this it makes for quite a nice tinted moisturizer! Overall when I do that, I really like it and the look of it, so I would probably buy it again

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by plasticbambi

bad bad bad
sticky
dull color
washes me out
doesnt moisturize
waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by stephanydee

First off, this gives GREAT coverage for a tinted moisturizer, pretty much like a sheer coverage foundation, as for the "glitter" I notcie it on my hand, but never on my face, like it says, its a light shimmer that gives a RADIANT effect. The packaging is great. A little pricey for a drugsotre tinted moisturizer, but so worth it! It lasts for soo long! Pleasant smell, and overall MUCH better than the stila and covergirl tintes mousturizers. This is a must-have for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

While I will admit that this product does give exceptional coverage for a "Tinted Moisturizer, it dried my face up! I mean dried to the point of flaking in areas of my face that have never flaked before. I love the packaging because of the lockable pump. And the SPF 30 is just awesome for a face make up product. But, really...aren't tinted moisturizers supposed to MOISTURIZE???

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lady8

I'm really disappointed with moisturiser, mostly because it doesn't moisturise. My skin's prone to redness, but in addition to leaving it too dry, this makes my redness worse. The tint partially covers the red but in uneven streaks, that rub off my face to my fingers when I try to blend it in. From a metre/yard away my skin looks all right with this on - any closer and my t-zone suddenly appears 20 years older, with tint blotched over skin that looks heavily sun damaged. Worse still, because my skin's inadequately moisturised, when I add powder or foundation it just sticks to the streaky layer of product.
And yes, the smell.. the sparkles.. the tinted fingertips leading to tinted computer keys... Be careful of rubbing any itches after applying this - whatever you touch will become 'skin' coloured.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by amayaJDB

When I first tried this, I thought it was ok at first. It felt kind of grainy, and the sparkles were really irritating me due to it getting on my hands whenever I touched my face. Coverage was ok. It didn't cover major stuff like pimples are dark spots, but it did even out my skin tone pretty well.
Problem is about 2-3 weeks of using it my skin started to break out like crazy even in areas where I normally don't get pimples. I knew I had to stop when I washed my face at night and saw my face had rashes everywhere including an acne cyst on my chin!
Stay away if you have combination/sensitive skin like I do!