December 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by jdsmom247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my first makeup palettes from the NYX brand. The colors are nicely pigmented & are very smooth when applied for easy blending. All the colors except the White shade are a velvety- smooth texture, the white comes off a bit dry & chalky in my opinion. I like how the packaging case comes with a fairly large compact mirror as well. Lovely palette for an everyday warm neutral look or for the night for a smoldering smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

I just got this last night at Ulta,and it is gorgeous.It is definitively more cool toned than the natural eye kit from too faced but i kind of prefer it!It gives smokey eyes more a sultry dark look.Used it for work today,lots of compliments!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sorry guys, but this didn't cut it for me. I am not a highend makeup snob. I really want to love NYX makeup, they seem like a MAC dupe to me, at a much more reasonable price. But I just can't. This one is a nude palette, in fact, it reminds me of Too Faced Naked, not colour wise, but the style of the palette. The 10 shades were bland. The similar colours were too similar, and the variation of the neutrals are lacking. The mixture of the cool and the warm were not well balanced, and the pigmentation is not all that great, the matte colours were a little chalky. But, I did actually love the shimmery shades in this palette, they had a creamy texture that I really love, and no shimmer was over the top. The Bohemian Rapsody palette also contains many shimmery colours much more sparklier than these, and the shimmer was out of control, the colours were nice but drug-store makeup needs to improve their shimmery shadows. I would say make this your starter makeup kit, then it would be very very nice, price is reasonable and you get many wearable shades. But if you already got spoiled by better shadows and you are happy with what you're using currently, then definitely skip these. Don't buy into the hype like I did. Overall, average product, but very nice for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Swalk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Honestly, I hardly ever wear eyeshadow. I thought I would get this palette to try out a few neutral smoky looks and seen as I'm a beginner I didn't want to spend to much money. These eyeshadows are great, the colours are highly pigmented although as others have said a few are quite similar. They lasted on me all day without any primer although by about 5pm I did notice the colour had faded. Think I will purchase a primer and see if it helps with this. Colours were easy to blend and go well together which I think helped seen as I'm kind of starting out. Do get quite a bit of fall out which is probably my only complaint. For someone like me, who is just starting and is not very brave with colour, this is perfect. Total bargain for the price really and think I might buy more.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Designgirl96

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first tried this, I didn't love it. I thought it was okay, but I wasn't using it much. I let it sit in my drawer for the longest time, pulling it out occasionally. I was going through my stash again about a month ago and decided to make myself try it again. Afterall, I think I spend about $10 on it! I started using it again and realized I do love! I don't wear dramatic looks, but I found that using UUPP that it amped up the colors, didn't crease, and lasts me all day long. I've put a pretty big dent in this palette in the last month! It's a great size to put in your purse for traveling also! When I use this up, I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I got this today, and have just been playing around with it this morning. So far, I'm very impressed with the quality and pigmentation of these shadows. I chose this palette in particular since it has alot of neutral shades that I think would work well for my skintone and can be easily transferred from day-to-night. There are three matte shades: white, dark chocolate brown and black, and the rest are of shimmer/satin finishes. No frosty shades which is such a BONUS, considering how much I hate them. The shadows are very velvety, and blend together effortlessly. I use a primer underneath to make sure they don't crease, as without one, I know they will. The packaging is very chic and compact. Would be nice to travel with as the two darker shades can transform your look from day-to-night pretty nicely and the large mirror comes in handy. My only complaint is that I find it a little difficult to open. I use the point of my tweezers to twist the opening and it helps, but I just find it inconvenient. Other than that, I LOVE this palette and am so glad I brought it! 5/5 from me! :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I bought this twice while putting off buying the Naked Palette (I had returned it once, cuz I was disappointed, but tried it again-trying to tell myself I don't need Naked). Good news, if Naked is too warm for you, this palette will be great for you. But for my NW20 skin, it feels too cool. I tend to prefer a slightly warmer/neutral eye look. I know I am cool, but I need warm to light up my face a bit. This palette is so, so cool, it just makes me look dull. I wish I had not waited so long so that I could still return it, but I waited too long so it goes in the graveyard. I am much happier with the Naked Palette.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great value. Very close to H/E eyeshadows. Just use UDPP or something similar and it will be great. Perfect for nude looks..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Lamb7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette.

I see reviews where people complain that it needs more color variety. In photos you can see that it's a neutral palette. So order a more colorful palette.

I see complaints of it not being perfect. This is not Dior, Guerlain, or YSL...although in most ways I think it's as good as MAC or MUFE.

I love all my NYX products. I think they're growing by leaps and bounds and I'm glad. :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ashunbabyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product everyday. It is such a great neutral palette. It contains a variety of browns/golds/taupe in shimmer and matte. Usually I wear a light brown in crease and a white in corner. Or I'd do an all over taupe if I'm feeling lazy. The matte brown and black are great for transforming a daytime look into a night look. The shadows blend well, have good pigmentation. I use it with my shadow insurance and it usually lasts all day. Definitely a must-have for beginners.