Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1.0%)(Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Sucrose Laurate, Salix Nigra Bark Extract (Willow), Coco Betaine, Betaine, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract (Beet), Oenothera Biennis Leaf Extract (Evening Primrose), Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Glycerin, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco Glucoside, Fragrance, Glucose, Alcohol Denat., Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol

This works, doens't foam like a bubble bath and is easy to wash off. Due to this I am happy to overlook the fact that the bottle is a little too small for the price, its too runny, dispenser is terrible (why is there no pump?) and it smells like stale cardboard. This is very gentle and really works at preveting pimples. Highly recommended and will repurchase. If they fix the other points I pointed out, this would be a 5 star product. I dislike this brand in general since it clogs up my skin but this is great.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Acne-prone ... extremely oily and sensitive skin, ESPECIALLY my cheeks ... dry under my lips ..... HORRIBLE adult acne (REAL BAD).. . ...

This product: SO FAR, SO GOOD!!!! Leaves my face feeling CLEAN and and I have to say, the inflammation has definitely gone down!! I just started using this product like 4 days ago, but I am happy with the way my face has been looking so like I said, SO FAR, SO GOOD!!! :-)

++++++++ UPDATE 1/8/11 ++++++++

HG CLEANSER. <3
Long battle w/ adult acne - OVER. Face is CLEAR. .. (with help of Retin-A Micro). . .. seriously though, there is no better facial cleanser out there. . .. PERIOD.

I've been using this product for about 3 months now, morning and night. I found that it did not help my acne whatsoever, but it kept my face semi-clean. I kept using it just because I know it takes a while for an acne product to start working, and the fact that I didn't want to buy a new cleanser with this one being so full still. Its now almost empty (YAY.)The search for the best cleanser continues...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product for free from BzzAgent, so I didn't have to pay for it. I have been trying a lot of stuff to help my acne and different face washes, so I just decided hey, why not.

I have been using it for about two weeks now, and I must say that I am impressed. It doesn't dry my skin too much yet has been keeping it mostly clear. Obviously, it's not a miracle product that will get rid of your acne, but it helps!

The fact that it is all natural is very important to me. I'm not too crazy about the smell though, but it's bugging me less and less (at first I was really turned off though).

I'd suggest it to everyone, as the price isn't very high for what it does (I usually buy more expensive face washes that don't work as well). I'll keep using it until I run out and might buy a new bottle.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product worked wonders for me! I have acne prone skin and I've tried literally EVERYTHING, but nothing seemed to work and I actually came across this product on accident and i think it was the best accident ever. After using it for about a week I immediately started seeing results and I have been using it ever since. The price is a bit pricey but definitely worth every penny because it works great!

Have been using for a month now and when used with the other items of the BB acne line works well. No weird, unpronouncable stuff in the products. Lightly foaming, so if you want lots of bubbles this is not the product for you. Non-drying which is very important to me since stripping my skin kicks oil production into overdrive and creates the perfect environment for more blemishes.

Great natural alternative to the super chemical laced traditional acne product lines. No worries about benzoyl peroxide bleaching clothes or bed linens.

Very runny formula. I find that I open the top of the bottle 1/2 way and just drizzle out a little bit-plenty for face and neck. Wet hands(before applying product) first to avoid washing product away prior to working into a foam.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this! I was using Clean and Clear daily pore cleanser but when I started boycotting companies that test on animals I needed to find a new one. I researched online and decided to buy this Burt's Bees cleanser. I'm SO glad I did! Instead of striping the oil from my face, this product gently washes my skin with a little bit of natural oil in the cleanser! I've tried to stick with oil free products because of my oily/acne prone skin but this has actually made my skin look less oily. After just 2 days of using this I was getting compliments on how my skin seemed to be clearer and less red. My skin is MUCH smoother now.
As for the consistency of the cleanser, I wouldn't call it a gel, it's more of a liquid. It's about the consistency of liquid dish soap. It doesn't lather up or bubble up very much, but my skin still feels very clean after using this. I use about a quarter sized puddle in the palm of my hand. I don't wear foundation or face makeup, but I hear if you wear makeup you'll need to remove it before using this product. I'm so happy I found this!!! Will I buy this again? YESSSSS!!!!!

I was using Biore cleanser before this one. I just had my second baby and I wanted to go the more natural route with some products. I read some positive reviews on this product and in the past I have had some good experiences with some of their body products so I decided to give this a try. I bought it at CVS for $9.99, which I thought was a little pricey for a 5oz bottle of cleanser. The first thing I noticed was that it did not produce a rich lather like the Biore that I was used to. After my initial wash and rinse I decided to wash my face one more time to make sure it was clean. After washing the second time and rinsing my skin felt nice. It did not feel tight and dry, the way that it does most of the time after I wash it so I took that as a good sign. I followed up with my usual witch hazel toner and saw that the cotton ball I used did not have any dirt or make up on it, so obviously the cleanser did its job. After about a week I noticed that my skin tone looked a little more even and my blackheads looked slightly improved. I also did not notice any dryness. This is the third week I am using the cleanser and overall I am happy with it. If I continue to see improvement in my skin then I will make this my regular cleanser from now on.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Doesn't really help with acne but what medicated cleanser does? Also doesn't take off makeup well and you have to use a lot to get it to lather. Plus the bottle is kinda small so you run out fast and it can leak sometimes.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My skin is clear except for the occasional chin hormone pimple. I bought this because it was natural and I thought it might help to clean out my pores. Well, every time i've tried to use it, pimples sprout up within 24 hours. EVERY time. In places i don't normally get pimples either. And my skin isn't sensitive or easily irritated either. Except by this stuff. The full bottle is still on the shelf-- I can't use it!!! I can't believe all the good reviews for this product-- wish it worked that way on my skin.
*** REVISION*** After using a precleasing oil such as Dermalogica Precleanse or Shu Umura before washing off with this cleanser, I didn't experience the pimples anymore, and my skin looked really good. So maybe it was just too harsh for my skin without buffering it with the oil first. So I'm changing the rating from 1 to 4 lippies.