September 16, 2014 | 1758 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by gmoskol

I was using Biore cleanser before this one. I just had my second baby and I wanted to go the more natural route with some products. I read some positive reviews on this product and in the past I have had some good experiences with some of their body products so I decided to give this a try. I bought it at CVS for $9.99, which I thought was a little pricey for a 5oz bottle of cleanser. The first thing I noticed was that it did not produce a rich lather like the Biore that I was used to. After my initial wash and rinse I decided to wash my face one more time to make sure it was clean. After washing the second time and rinsing my skin felt nice. It did not feel tight and dry, the way that it does most of the time after I wash it so I took that as a good sign. I followed up with my usual witch hazel toner and saw that the cotton ball I used did not have any dirt or make up on it, so obviously the cleanser did its job. After about a week I noticed that my skin tone looked a little more even and my blackheads looked slightly improved. I also did not notice any dryness. This is the third week I am using the cleanser and overall I am happy with it. If I continue to see improvement in my skin then I will make this my regular cleanser from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Doesn't really help with acne but what medicated cleanser does? Also doesn't take off makeup well and you have to use a lot to get it to lather. Plus the bottle is kinda small so you run out fast and it can leak sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is clear except for the occasional chin hormone pimple. I bought this because it was natural and I thought it might help to clean out my pores. Well, every time i've tried to use it, pimples sprout up within 24 hours. EVERY time. In places i don't normally get pimples either. And my skin isn't sensitive or easily irritated either. Except by this stuff. The full bottle is still on the shelf-- I can't use it!!! I can't believe all the good reviews for this product-- wish it worked that way on my skin.
*** REVISION*** After using a precleasing oil such as Dermalogica Precleanse or Shu Umura before washing off with this cleanser, I didn't experience the pimples anymore, and my skin looked really good. So maybe it was just too harsh for my skin without buffering it with the oil first. So I'm changing the rating from 1 to 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sarahvalder

Best cleanser I have used. It has cleared my blemishes, smells amazing, and it makes my skin feel very clean. I wil definetly buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by lhenry03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I've only been using this cleanser for a couple days now, but so far I'm impressed. I've been on a kick looking for more natural products and this was pretty cheap at target. I don't have bad acne but I have oily skin so I tend to buy thing meant for acne because regular cleansers tend to have oils and what not that make me break out. And I have super sensitive skin so I wanted try this feeling the more natural ingredients would be more gentle on my skin. I really like how my skin felt right after using it and the following morning my skin felt a looked brighter and smoother. I don't know if it's just wishful thinking. But I do feel like this is one of the better less expensive cleansers I've used and it gentle on my skin. I've even gotten a couple compliments already. Not sure how someone with dry skin would like this, because it helps control my oily skin...

Yes, it's thin consistency, but I don't mind it. I feel like it gets most of my makeup off but I do wipe my face with a gentle towelette first, just to be safe.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by lhluckystar4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried this cleanser for two weeks and I have found that It didn't really help with my acne that much. What I like about it is that after I wash, my face looks healthy because it reduces the redness. I also really really love the smell!! What I hate about this is that it left a filmy residue on my forehead and it just makes it look shiny, I tired splashing more water on to it, but still the same thing every time. I don't understand why it left a film because I felt really clean when I was rinsing. Another thing is that it does dries out your skin. Most acne cleanser does this anyway. If I was to purchase this again, I would try to use a little amount to see if it would be less drying and less filmy looking because I can't get over the great smell! It smells like ginger or some type of herb, I always look forward to washing my face with this because it makes me feel like I'm really using something natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 4 months (once a day) and I haven't really seen results. It has lasts a long time, but I didn't see any results in my acne or skin complexion. For ten dollars, it lasts a long time but i don't think it's really worth it. It also doesn't seem to clean my face as well as other cleansers.

*EDIT: I just finished using this whole bottle up, after ten months. I used this cleanser at least once a day, every day, and I used it twice a day for about one of the ten months that this cleanser lasted. I usually use a generous amount too, even though you only need about a dime size amount because this cleanser foams/bubbles up quickly. This cleanser cleans your face really well, but doesn't clear up acne on its own. It also has a strange smell, but it's tolerable. I think the price is pretty reasonable seeing how long it lasted, as opposed to the average cleanser that costs $6.00 but lasts about a month.

Although this cleanser is just average, i would repurchase this is because it lasts a very long time and cleans my face really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by oldejude

The Burt's Bees acne line is fantastic. My daughter has dry skin which is prone to exzema. I knew the day would come and she would have to face acne with exzema. It came. We tried so many products to clear up the acne. All of them left her skin drier, irritated and she still had the acne. We just couldn't manage to keep her face moisturized and acne free. That is until we tried Burt's Bees. I bought the three products; Acne wash, Acne lotion and spot treatment. The wash is very runny and you should use it with a face washing sponge or buff puff, You can get up a good lather with a little product with one of those. The spot treatment comes in two different containers, one has a roller ball which we liked. Happily these products work on my peri-menopausal skin too, so we both love them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by kisshippie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good product.
I had major breakouts on my chin and cheek areas. This cleanser has cleared up those breakouts very quickly!
As of right now, my skin is not clear, but that's bc I have some stress related pimples and from my period.

This cleanser is almost compeltely natural, which is great. The consistancy is pretty watery, and wish it came in a pump instead.
It foams pretty well, if you work it a bit or use a brush or scrublet.

It smells decent, kind of lemony...and it won't linger like some Burt's Bees product do.
One of my favorite things about this product is that it DOES NOT dry out your skin or irritate it AT ALL!!!

Overall it's a wonderful product and I suggest it to anyone who want clearer skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by withlove2022

The gel cleanser is not really a gel. It is more watery and liquidy than gel-y. The scent is very citrusy. After using it, I like that it makes my face squeaky clean. The price is a little much since it was around $9.00 for the bottle whereas you could purchase other cleansers for half the price. I like that Burt's Bees uses organic ingredients and that is probably why the price is so much more. Overall, a good product. I did a product review video on my youtube channel if you'd like to check it out.

Link to my video: