April 23, 2014 | 1909 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by kcarrion

Talk about your over hype jump on the band wagon product. This "balm" is soooo waxy and wears off in minutes. I will never understand why such crappy products become so popular. Ill tell u why on this tho: ooooh it's so cute! Round an colorful!! Thats about IT.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is another great lip balm from Eos. Not the best but still good.
Only US$2.99 at Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lipbalmlover1525

I decided to buy this product when is went to my local drugstore to run some errands. It was so cute and appealing to my inner twelve year old girl! The round packaging really caught my attention. Sadly, there were only sweet mint, strawberry sorbet and honeysuckle honeydew available, and being a mint lover I chose Sweet mint. Love it! I noticed after the third use my lips were noticeably soft and supple! Also, my lips were very pink! And the mint leaves a refreshing tingle behind! Definitely going to repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by gdriban

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sweet mint EOS burned my lips so badly. Must be the peppermint oil in it. I think it also dried them out too because once I stopped using it my lips felt better. Cute packaging but not a good product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product has been on my radar for a long time, thanks to the wonderfully tasty ads in female mags portraying this product as cute but mighty. I am also a sucker for organic lip balms and have been on a look out for an alternative to Burt's out of sheer curiosity. However, I have never gotten eos because of a small outrage with the amount of plastic used for a lip balm. One day, though, I couldn't find Nivea mint balm, collapsed to the cuteness of eos and finally got it.

My overall opinion is that this lip balm is everything anyone could wish from a deeply moisturizing lip balm (save for the fact it could have SPF). I don't have issues with lips, like chapping, and therefore am only using at nights. eos mint is fairly waxy/non-shiny balm, which makes it last longer than shinier lip balm alternatives. What sets the product apart for me, though, is how soft I feel when I put it on. It almost reminds me of Eva robot from WALL-E. I know it's cheesy, but it really is a different sensation, and I like the product for that especially.

Apart from the packaging, I do appreciate that eos combines high quality ingredients, and the amount of product is quite substantial for the price. Like others have said, this product may serve as a great base for lip stain. Overall, I enjoy using eos, and find that it being portrayed as cute and mighty is very accurate.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Rosahelen

I bought this lip balm because i am a sucker for highly advertised products. so many people are raving about this product and i have seen so many reviews on youtube claiming how amazing it is and maybe it is, for them. So i just want to state that this is not a bad product, it does soften your lips and the flavors are nice. the mint one makes your lips tingly which is nice. however it is not a holy grail product, I personally feel that it is highly overrated; to me it is no different from any other lip balm product. the packaging is cute, the price is a little steep.
overall it is an average product it is no better or worse that any other lip product i have tried, maybe I would repurchase it due to the cute packaging and nice smell because that is what I feel you are paying for.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Fancychic55055

I have to say I absolutely love this product. Even the cute little sphere packaging although once it gets down to the bottom I might have an issue using my finger to dip into the pot (not necessarily hygienic). I'm a fan since switching from Burt's Bees. Not sure if they've changed their formula in the peppermint lip balm but I appreciate this has no petroleum!! Great taste as well as long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far this is the only EOS that I actually like enough to consider rebuying. I found most of them not really moisturizing, smells odd, and a tad too waxy for my liking but this one is light weight and emollient with a nice simple and pleasant scent. The minty tingle is a plus. It's not greasy or too slippery and provides a semi-glossy finish so it's good worn alone or under a lipstick (without changing the formula of the lipstick itself much).

I actually am not a fan of the EOS round packaging. Initially I thought it was "cute" like many do, but it's just impractical, slightly odd to carry around if you're not one to have a huge hand bag with you 24/7 and application is a bit messy. I bought Sweet Mint in the stick version which I haven't seen sold physically anywhere but can be easily ordered at drugstore.com. The stick version of EOS balms are limited in flavors and the tube itself is a bit excessive/bulky but the same cute pastel color... If you look at it long enough it kind of resembles a tampon though but hey it's still easy to find in a purse, much easier to store, and not a giant ball in your pocket, LOL.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Ag22392

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With the exception of when EOS is out of stock, I am a purist. I hoard this stuff. I was converted from Burt's for this. The important thing the note about EOS is it is not a "protectorant" so to speak like many "chapsticks." I would label it a lip moisturizer or conditioner. If your lips are already in good condition and you just want to protect them from the wind or sun chapstick/Burt's is plenty. If you are like me or any others who suffered from chapped lips to the point of busted lips or swelling this is the only product for you. Dermatologists say camphor, phenol and menthol worsen chapped lips and these are the popular "fresh, minty, tingly" ingredients in 90 percent of lip balm. By contrast with the exception of stevia, flavor, and beeswax every ingredient in EOS is an essential oil that will put moisture into already parched lips. I know some reviewers have complained that is "disappears," but surprisingly it's because the product can be fully absorbed by your lips, unlike traditional chapsticks which use wax as the major ingredient, which will coat and sit atop skin. I recommend trying EOS. Super shiny, super healing, and tons of yummy scents, plus medicated and spf options.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only eos lip balm i love. The refreshing tingly feeling from the mint makes it feel more moisturizing than the other flavors. Its a nice base for lipsticks for the same reason. Its also just painfully adorable. If you only buy one of the eos lip balms it should be this one.