September 14, 2014 | 2146 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by LexMarie1991

I love the EOS lip balms, but this one is my favorite. It smells and tastes amazing, feels minty and moisturizing, lasts a long time, and goes on smoothly. Some people may not like the waxy texture, but I find it smooth and comforting. I love that the EOS balms are 100% natural and don't have petroleum in them, so my lips can still breathe enough to renew the skin on top. If my lips are in peril, I put Sweet Mint on right before bed and they're completely renewed the next day. It seems to penetrate and moisturize better than any of the other flavors. Sweet Mint is also made with real peppermint oil, which is definitely soothing, but it doesn't have that bitter taste some minty balms can have. I have repurchased this and will continue to do so as this is the best lip balm I've ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I bought this because of all the hype. But it was an OK lip balm. I was completely disappointed and unimpressed. I found the balm hard and not very moisturizing... the packaging is cute but bulky and I can't just slide it in my makeup bag or small purse.
I'm sticking to my Dior Crème de Rose or plain old vaseline for the winter...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by EnjoyTheSilence

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate thing going with this balm. I'm a sucker for unique packaging, and eventually caved and bought this for the cute little package alone. I like the calm, soft minty green sphere that houses the balm -- it has a flat bottom so it stands upright. It fits perfectly in the palm of my hand and is just aesthetically pleasing to me. The plastic texture & thumb dent allows for easy opening even with lotioned hands.

As for the balm itself, that's where I'm not as keen. It has a firmer, drier texture than many other balms, and does drag and pull slightly when applying. For that reason, I would not recommend this balm if you have very chapped or painful lips. Due to the dry/waxy texture, it actually makes quite a nice lip priming base -- color grabs very well. If you like wearing matte lip color, this balm may be worth considering. The fragrance and flavor are as the name implies: sweet mint. The minty ingredient is peppermint & it does impart a very cool sensation upon application and for quite awhile afterward. It is lightly sweetened.

If you go without color and you're looking for something very hydrating, I would not recommend this balm. In my opinion, this is a decent balm for fair weather -- but if you are exposed to very cold or dry heat climates, you will need something far more hydrating. Another consideration: if you are a lip product hoarder (as I am!), this balm does not have a very long shelf life. It develops a slight rancid oil smell and taste at the one year mark. I think that's acceptable as most people don't hoard products...but just a head's up. Since it's gone off, I have continued using mine as a spot treatment on dry elbows/knees/ankles -- weird, but effective! I know I'll buy it again -- I'm a sucker for the cute lil green sphere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had tried the eos Lip Balm Sphere in Lemon Drop some time ago and didn't like it one bit. It felt waxy and didn't hydrate my lips at all. So I was hesitant to try the Sweet Mint balm, but decided to give it a go after seeing so many great reviews.
I'm glad I did.
It's not the most hydrating balm in the world, but it definitely lends a bit of non-slick, non-sticky moisture to my otherwise parched lips. There's no gloss or sheen to this balm, so the layer it leaves behind is not going to stick to every darn thing it encounters. I find it's quite weightless.
I do need to reapply often, but I don't mind because with this particular flavor, there is a fun cooling effect due to the peppermint oil. So I actually enjoy reapplying this.
Packaging is adorable. I love the cute little egg-like shape and light, pastel green. The spherical shape of the balm itself actually makes it easier to apply.
The taste is wonderful. It's sweet and minty and doesn't taste like toothpaste. My husband loves it.
Again, it's not the most hydrating balm on the planet, but it's great during the day. I save deep hydration for night time anyway.
And it's not terrific under lipsticks - there's no adhesion to the color at all, so I find my lipcolors won't set over top. But I usually use MAC Prep + Prime Lip for that.
Overall, this is a good product for the price. I'll likely repurchase once I run out, which I suspect won't be for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The only thing I HATE is they feel greasy on me and thick. Otherwise they moisturize really well. L/S doesn't stick to them on me though.... oh well!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by LivTylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this little guy!!!! I apply this in the morning on my way to school and by the time I get there, my lips are soft and ready for my lipstick application. The smell is very nice too.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ugh I hate this stuff .. It is SO cute looking which tricks me.. But it sucks so bad.. My lips literally tear and crack after I use this. It dries me out so bad.. It smells so good though. But it is painful . I have thrown it out

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by complexsimplicity

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

i hate when i fall for packaging. that's the only good thing about this product. it sat on my lips and didn't moisturize them..at all. my lips felt and looked drier after i applied the product. i put it on overnight and woke up with semi-cracked lips. i will definitely not be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by oresvesk

When I first bought this two years ago, I was ecstatic. After reading rave reviews, I expected a lot out of this product. And I did... for the first few months.

I absolutely love the feeling of mint on my lips because it makes me feel like it's working. And I convinced myself enough for the first few months that it indeed was working.

However, over time, I overlooked the mint feeling and realized it hasn't done much for my lips. I feel like the formula just sits there and doesn't really penetrate/moisturize. When my lips are dry and I use this, it feels like it's working until half an hour later when the formula has disappeared that my lips feel suddenly dry again, causing me to reapply.

It's cute and it feels great on the lips but... it doesn't do much for moisturizing benefits.
(P.S. I've tried other flavors too and still, the same feeling)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by firequeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Violet

Well I loved this stuff. I have tried the raspberry pomegranate one and loved that but this one exceeded my expectations. First I love the packaging, it is cute and awesome and pastel blue! Though packaging is kind of inconvenient so yeah. It really does moisturize super well and gives you that minty tingle without all the bad stuff because it is 100% natural and 95% organic. I took off a lippy because the price is a little high but I guess it's worth it. I wouldn't purchase this again only because I have only tried two flavors and I need to try the other ones!