Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

very nice quad! it has all the eyeshadow components for a neutral, wearable smokey eye. the colors all work together really nicely, however I do normally put a little bit of a gold shadow through the crease to warm it up or I tend to look a little washed out. the darkest color is very creamy and I love using it as a liner. I absolutely LOVE the colour of the silvery taupe, however it isn't as pigmented and can be a little crumbly. If I work with this shade for a little bit though, I love how it looks. I got this very cheap, about $8 on sale which is a total BARGAIN here in aus (our makeup prices are insane). I would definitely buy again, and I'm now also wanting to try out some more of the stylish smokes quads.

on 2/4/2011 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am in love with this product!!! It is a great drugstore buy and my go-to look if I don't have time. Pretty much my everyday look.

on 1/24/2011 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is an okay palette. I have several Maybelline quads, and this isn't one of my favorites. It is great for a neutral smokey eye. My only complaint about this palette is the horrible taupe color. The color APPEARS to be pretty, but it lacks pigmentation. I have to literally dig my brush in this color to pick up any color.

on 1/23/2011 2:03:00 PM

Nice taupe brownish color that fits my skintone well, gives me a clean natural smoky eye look. I will not purchase it again because I have other alternatives to choose from some high end products. The quality of the powder is not as fine as the high end ones such as too faced, bobbi brown.

on 1/21/2011 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Last year I was new to makeup, but i wanted to look "pretty" on my boyfriends birthday so I went to cvs and got this since it came with instructions (lol) My boyfriend complimented me so much and ever since then i have been addicted to makeup.

Its hard to look a mess using these colors. The brow bone color is light for me but its so pigmented that it actually show up on my skin. I wanted to get mac's satin taupe but since some people are saying that the lid color is a dupe, id rather wait til it finishes before i go out and buy satin taupe.

I had the charcoal smokes one, which was pretty also but i gave it to my friend since i felt like i rarely used that one because the colors are so dark and i like wearing eyeshadows during the day.

on 1/20/2011 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I wanted to love this but it's just not doing it for me.
The colors in this quad don't really go with each other at all. If I'd use them I would have to use them separately. I think the problem with it is that it's a bit too cool for my skin tone. I much rather like maybelline's chai latte quad for a nice natural smokey eye.
The pigmentation in this quad isn't great. The chai latte quad is better so I dont know where they went wrong with this one.
I'd try it out though. It's not at all too expensive.

on 1/17/2011 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I don't like this palette. I love my Chia Latte quad and was hoping this would meet the high expectations I set for it but it was a fail! I also thought (and was wrong!) about the "lid" color being a good dupe for mac's satin taupe, but it lacks pigmentation! The brow color was ok but also pretty chalky. The other colors are ok but nothing to rave about. May use on occasion but will def not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My go-to when I'm in a hurry. All colours coordinate perfectly with right amount of matte and sheen. The brown is so pigmented which is perfect for lining or for smoky. I've also worn the hiliter and lid colour -- looks natural and quick. No fallouts. I noticed that a new packaging has minimized some the shades. Will pick up another set for my gym bag. Wish it came with a mirror. Good price.

on 1/7/2011 10:55:00 AM

i love this quad :) especially the brow highlight and lid colour. the outer crease colour i use as eyeliner/under eye. and i dont tend to reach for the cease colour much. but i love the first two shadows very much so. but what i hate about these quads is that the two colours will get used up and ill be left with the other two. lol what to do.

on 1/3/2011 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've been eying this palette for a while now and finally bought it after my Rite Aid was having a 50% off all Maybelline products. I find this palette to be a little better than average but I cannot get over how much fallout I get when using the lid and crease colors. The lid color is gorgeous, a silvery taupe, and so is the crease color, which is similar to Mulch, but Mulch is more bronzey. But the shimmers in both the lid and crease color have major fallout so after wearing it for a while my undereye area is shimmery. If there wasn't so much fallout, this palette would be perfect.