August 29, 2014 | 1822 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to love this but it's just not doing it for me.
The colors in this quad don't really go with each other at all. If I'd use them I would have to use them separately. I think the problem with it is that it's a bit too cool for my skin tone. I much rather like maybelline's chai latte quad for a nice natural smokey eye.
The pigmentation in this quad isn't great. The chai latte quad is better so I dont know where they went wrong with this one.
I'd try it out though. It's not at all too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by mar559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't like this palette. I love my Chia Latte quad and was hoping this would meet the high expectations I set for it but it was a fail! I also thought (and was wrong!) about the "lid" color being a good dupe for mac's satin taupe, but it lacks pigmentation! The brow color was ok but also pretty chalky. The other colors are ok but nothing to rave about. May use on occasion but will def not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go-to when I'm in a hurry. All colours coordinate perfectly with right amount of matte and sheen. The brown is so pigmented which is perfect for lining or for smoky. I've also worn the hiliter and lid colour -- looks natural and quick. No fallouts. I noticed that a new packaging has minimized some the shades. Will pick up another set for my gym bag. Wish it came with a mirror. Good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by iidunno

i love this quad :) especially the brow highlight and lid colour. the outer crease colour i use as eyeliner/under eye. and i dont tend to reach for the cease colour much. but i love the first two shadows very much so. but what i hate about these quads is that the two colours will get used up and ill be left with the other two. lol what to do.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by so_siqqq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been eying this palette for a while now and finally bought it after my Rite Aid was having a 50% off all Maybelline products. I find this palette to be a little better than average but I cannot get over how much fallout I get when using the lid and crease colors. The lid color is gorgeous, a silvery taupe, and so is the crease color, which is similar to Mulch, but Mulch is more bronzey. But the shimmers in both the lid and crease color have major fallout so after wearing it for a while my undereye area is shimmery. If there wasn't so much fallout, this palette would be perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mmmarzan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been eyeing this palette for a while now but unfortunately I got it when they changed the shape of each eyeshadow. They're no longer the same square shape. I don't know if they changed the formulation or I just happened to get the bad one out of the bunch, but I absolutely hated it. I tried to swatch it on my finger and the shadows were hard and NOT pigmented at all. I felt like I had to DIG my brush in order to pick up some decent pigmentation. And on top of that it was difficult to blend the colors together. I'm definitely returning this and getting my money back. I'm really disappointed because I've read all these great reviews and I really love the colors in this palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by 34lenorexena

Yes this is a fantastic pallette for beginners and dummies like me who have no idea how to achieve a gorgeous smoky eye, BUT I must admit the finished product washed me out somewhat and I needed to add the 2 lightest gold colours from the "Give me Gold" pallette to my lids and inner eyes to make my light green eyes "pop" however, this quad provided that lovely smoky look and a gorgeous base, it just (on my face) needed that extra little oomph of something, Looking forward to trying the emerald smokes but have a feeling I will also need to add something to give that pop of colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by esmerelda2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great for a nice smokey, taupey look. Not matte. I like it. Won't repurchase it because I forgot I had it and went out and bought another. (smh)
There should be a Makeup Addicts Anonymous, I swear.
Hi, my name is XYZ and I am addicted to makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by sarah1208

This is a great quad. I don't like heavy makeup looks, but with this quad you can create a nice smokey eye that isn't too intense. Also, with an eyeshadow base the colours last for hours with very little fallout, which is great considering how cheap the quad is.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by babyax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice quad. They compliment my skin tone well and it's really easy to use. The eyeshadows have pretty good pigmentation, considering that they're from the drugstore. I have pretty good wear with them. There's some fallout from the lid and crease colors but as long as I pack on the color instead of sweeping it on I don't really get any fallout. The brow bone color is pretty chalky but I don't really use it anyway so it didn't matter to me. Overall, this is a good e/s quad for a beginner or if you want something quick for those days when you don't have enough time to apply e/s.