December 22, 2014 | 1807 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by norespect

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It really is all that people below stated, so I'm not going to praise much more since I have ordered this product based on their good reviews. I have combination skin that gets oilier in the summer, drier in winter. I'd be NC15-20 and New Ivory is in rotation in winter, Nude in summer. People say Nude is too yellow, but since I'm fair and very yellow self, it just gives a subtle warmth and a golden glow without being dark or anything similar. I do use primer and I buff foundation with ELF or CS flat top, sometimes contour over it with my custom made powder palette (I've pressed it myself, silly me...) or dust MUFE HD. If I want to sheer it our, I spritz some mists before I apply it and buff it in while my face is still wet. It goes so smooth that it takes only half of the pump to cover my face. It feels like.....a no make-up day, only looks better.
I needs some little help to stay on as much as I would like it ideally.
Yes, I need a concealer and yes, to blot once or twice on a long day, but that is a pleasure cos when I look at the mirror I love what I see. I've never had a friendlier and easier foundation in my 20 years long make up life and I really did try 80% of the high end stuff out there, only to end up liking the this drugstore foundation the best because not only the way it looks, the excellent color match and the way it feels fresh on the skin, but also because it is never intimidating.
Advice to European users: don't bother looking for it in the shops, nobody sells Boots anymore 'round here, but head straight to the ebayUK and enjoy. I have repurchased it before, I'll do it in the future as well, until somebody thinks of something that looks and feels better and lighter, and with higher SPF and more skin benefits, lasts longer while making me look younger, looks exactly like skin with better coverage, has the environmentally correct ingredients list and all other make up induced sweet dreams. Oh, yes, and cheaper too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation was very yellow based, imo. i bought the lightest shade. The consistency and coverage was reminiscent of NARS Sheer Glow, which I don't understand what the hype is all about. (I have problem skin, so this may play a factor). The finish was dewy. It was not necessarily a bad product, but I would not repurchase. It is very yellow, one of the most noticeable I have ever encountered in a foundation. I did like the packaging very much, nice bottle, nice pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by spaceache

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually wear mineral foundation, but ever since the beginning of winter my skin has gotten very dry and flaky, which unfortunately was enhanced by my mineral foundation. So I decided to try a liquid foundation instead, hoping it would be more moisturizing. This foundation does a good job at moisturizing my skin and it's comfortable to wear. The finish is somewhat dewey and it lasts for about 8 hrs on me. I do need to set it with powder though, or else it will oil up on me within the hour.
I have it in "05 Porcelain" and the color match is O.K. for my pale NW10-15 skin. It's a tad bit orange for me which is why I probably wont repurchase it. I do think this would suit a NW15 really well.
Overall it's a good foundation for dry skins and I think it's reasonably priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by cbailey4111

Prior to this foundation, I generally used Revlon Colorstay. It was nice, good coverage, good color match, but I always felt it was super cakey, so I had been on the lookout for a new foundation. I picked this up the other day at Target for 16 dollars or so, and I've worn it twice. So far so good, I think! It's not cakey, very buildable coverage, and New Ivory is a perfect match for my NC15-20 skin. I love the pump, and the bottle itself is pretty. I do have to blot more often than I did with Colorstay, but I'm gonna try out some different primers and powders and see if that makes a difference. The foundation is also a little thick so it's difficult to use a stippling brush on it. I also broke out in a couple small zits overnight last night, but I'm pretty certain that's due to it being near that time of the month, as they're along my jaw like usual. At this moment in time, I'd repurchase.

EDIT 05/07/11 Discontinued use, was breaking me out and was too oily for warmer weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using Revlon Colorstay for normal/oily skin, or MAC Pro Longwear before I remembered I had bought this a while ago. I wear NW20 in MAC, and I got Vanilla. This is the most amazing feeling foundation I have ever used! It's so creamy and velvety going on, I can't describe it accurately. The coverage is medium, just what I need. It melts into the skin and leaves beautiful color and texture. I started using this, because Colorstay was making me look kind of cakey, and Pro Longwear, I just don't know. I wanted something different. And I love that this comes in a pump. One squirt covers my whole face beautifully! I will alternate with other foundations until they are used up, but I'll continue to purchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by characterarc

Right now this is the only drugstore foundation I prefer. I have generally oily skin with hyperpigmentation from acne. I occasionally get dry patches around my eyes and corners of my mouth.

I originally bought this in Nude. I'm NC25-30, (never used MAC foundation though). Nude came out really yellow and really light on my skin, reminds me of Grey Poupon or something. Went back and purchased Blonde, more of a warm beige. It blended sooo nicely into my skin! I actually have trouble sometimes figuring out where I applied it and where I didn't, attesting how true a shade match Blonde is for me.

OK, it blends nicely obviously, a typical liquid foundation. I alternate between sponges and Sonia Kashuk blender brush, or Sephora's Professional #55 brush. Obviously a brush will give you more coverage. I'd say this is medium coverage, as I need concealer still for under my eyes and HP spots. I use Monistat's Anti-Chafing whatever that everyone loves for primer underneath. It doesnt cake on me, butttt I do notice it can fade a bit throughout the day. With the occasional dry patches I get, this foundation will make accentuate them soo if you are prone to those, I'd suggest extra spot-moisturizing on those areas. Since I do get an oily T-zone, and this doesn't control oil, I still powder blot throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by sdhar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My current fav foundation - I'm always on the hunt for the "best" foundation that suits my skintone and makes me look natural - and right now, this is working well for me. The yellow tones in this works well for my tone. I use in Walnut shade and I'm around NC42 in MAC(though I've never used MAC stuff). Cost is $15 - a little high but these days, most of the drugstore foundations also run in the $10+ range. So almost similar I'd say. Give it a try if color matches.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
Excellent color match
No fragrance
Stays on all day

Cons:
Very matte on my skin, too matte for me
Hard to apply, not much slip, hard to sheer out
Accentuated fine lines

Will not rebuy

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by ladeedatiffany

I got this foundation for about 15 bucks at Target in shade "nude". I'm about an NC20 in MAC, with very yellow undertones. This foundation shade matches me perfectly! It feels light on my face and coverage is medium. I gave this 3 lippies because 1. It makes me oily. 2. It oxidizes on the face and in the bottle. I really love how it looks on my skin the first 3 hours but I feel like it makes me oilier than I usually am. By the end of the day my face looks a shade darker =[ I think I might've picked up a bad bottle though because the foundation inside the bottle is starting to turn orange. There was some orange splotching when I bought the foundation but I thought that if I just shaked it, it will go away. But it didn't. When I poured some of the foundation out it the consistency was bumpy and weird =[ The only reason I might be repurchasing is to see if I can get a new bottle (this one might've been sitting on the shelf for awhile).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

HG!! I finally won't be out on the search for my perfect foundation. Without a doubt this foundation makes my skin look flawless, people notice and will comment on how nice your skin is. I just love the look on my skin, its gorgeous. The only problem is the fact that the darker shades look a bit orange in the bottle so I got almond but I mix the tinniest amount of my nars sheer glow darker foundation.