Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

3.4

Water , Glycerin , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Petrolatum , Cyclomethicone , Soybean Glycine Soya Stearols , Isopropyl Isostearate , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-10 Soy Sterol , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Carbomer , Tetrasodium EDTA , Sodium Hydroxide , Diazolidinyl Urea , Ethylparaben , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

This is a great everyday moisturizer. I've been using it for a year now and will buy again. It's nice and light a doesn't make my acne prone skin breakout. I put it on after I wash my face while it's still damp and it absorbs nicely. Best moisturizier for sensative skin I have EVER used!

on 1/25/2013 8:24:00 AM

I loved, used, and repurchased this moisturizer for over a year. I initially bought it because it said it was oil free and for sensitive skin. I have acne-prone and sensitive skin so I thought it would be perfect. It has a nice consistency, is light, moisturizes well but takes awhile to sink in. I've had acne all my life so breakouts aren't new to me and I thought there was no way this product could cause them. I had acne the whole time I used this moisturizer (on my chin which was normal but also on my cheeks and forehead which were unusual and not normal places for me to breakout) I recently decided that it had to be something I was using because I did not hormonally breakout on the forehead and cheeks. I eliminated products from my routine one by one and didn't notice any improvement until I stopped using this moisturizer. The breakouts on my forehead and cheeks have stopped completely. It made me sad that it was the cause of my acne because I really did like this moisturizer. I'm sure this product works great for some people out there but it just isn't for my skin.

on 1/18/2013 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for my boyfriend who has very sensitive skin and refuses to wear anything oily. I tried it and it is a very basic but very good moisturizer even for the dry winter months. It has no fragrance. It also lacks sophisticated ingredients like antioxidants and the like, but since it is for sensitive skin they have been omitted naturally.
I have this in my make up bag when i travel and it is great and if i lose it, no matter it was only 10 dolllars.

on 1/18/2013 7:08:00 AM

My DH has used this plain jane moisturizer for years and years. He has always had dry skin, but growing up his parents didn't so he never had help with his discomfort. Then he met me, was complaining about it one day and I got this per a Derms rec for me one time (we are talking 1998). He seems to have no reaction...he loves the way it feels. I have tried to get him to use my Olay Complete so he has some SPF, but he likes the less shiny look of this and likes that no matter how dry his skin is...he can slather this on.

Now, he shares none of my concerns. However, over the 17 years we have been together, he has developed what looks like rosacea. He is hispanic so he isn't that light and doesn't have that much red to his skin naturally. I would love to find him a more comprehensive, soothing, possibly SPF moisturizer, but I can't get him to use anything but this now.

on 1/18/2013 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had this product just to moisture my skin which was full acne few years back!! at time of purchase i was happy to see the reviews but it made me so upset..... after 4 to 5 application skin got red flacks and acne started heading out !!! oh crappp !! i am not gona purchase this shit again

on 1/15/2013 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me just start off by saying that this is the absolute worst moisturizer I have ever used.
It is supposed to be for sensitive skin (or at least that's that the box said), but it BURNS. If you have some dry patches or if you accidentally get it in your eye, it burns badly.
When I first started using this, my skin became really irritated after about a week. It was actually painful to wash my face or put makeup on. Makeup didn't even look right when I put it on because that's how bad my skin looked. I didn't realize that this moisturizer was doing it to my skin; I thought it was my facial cleanser or something.
But recently, I started using Cera Ve's PM Moisturizer at night instead of this and my skin is healing/improving. This is definitely going into the trash where it belongs.
Because of this horrible experience, I will never purchase another Neutrogena moisturizer. If you truly have sensitive skin, (my skin isn't really extremely sensitive) then you will most likely not react well to this product.

on 1/14/2013 4:30:00 AM

I bought this because I was out of moisturizer and I desperately needed something sensitive because I was breaking out terribly. I chose this because I've never had a problem with Neutrogena moisturizers in the past (I've tried two night creams). It took me two months of use to figure out that this was the exact product that was escalating my acne. It goes on very smooth and has a light non greasy finish which I loved. I really loved everything about this product tbh but my number of breakouts kept growing. They were painful pus filled white heads all over my cheeks when id wake up or on my jawline and chin area that i mistakenly attributed to hormonal reasons. I finally eliminated this product and my skin went back to what I consider normal. I had half a bottle left that I threw out. Overall packaging is great and feel of the product is excellent.

on 1/3/2013 4:23:00 AM

Nice moisturiser to use before (water-based) foundation application

on 12/31/2012 1:00:00 PM

This is the worst moisturizer in the history of moisturizers!! Because I'm such a hard head, I've tried this numerous times over the course of my 8 year battle with acne. Neutrogena and Cetaphil are popular brands among Dermatologists.....so through my treatments and medications, I come back to this thinking it was just all wrong for my skin due to sensitivity from treatments and procedures.
Now that I've finished Accutane, I gave this stuff a whirl again, attracted to a product that is readily available (convenient to purchase), a good price and doesn't break me out.
First of all, I don't know how this Neutrogena product is made for sensitive skin. This stuff sets my face on FIRE....especially around the creases of the nose, which is particularly dry in the cold weather. It has no fragrance, so it's some chemical that doesn't agree with my skin (I've got bad allergies and am extremely sensitive to artificial fragrance). Next, the consistency is odd. I can only describe it as somewhat emollient, but when it hits your face it vanishes into a watery texture that stays on top of your skin (doesn't absorb). This clogged my pores and created blackheads.....where my skin was flawless prior to using. I really liked the fact this didn't contain SPF (which I'm also allergic to if not Zinc Oxide-Titanium Dioxide based) but it is just crap. My sister swears by the Equate (Walmarts generic) of this product....which is even less expensive than Neutrogena already is. Both are no good. Still on the search for a good moisturizer that I don't have to order online or buy at a department store :-(

on 12/19/2012 4:23:00 PM

This product is not helping my skin. It made my light acne A LOT worse. I thought it would be a great moisturizer to help keep my skin non-irritated and prevent dryness, but it did not. My acne almost all gone and than I started using this moisturizer and it aggravated my acne and brought me back to the starting point of me treating my acne.