August 22, 2014 | 1643 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used this product for about two years and never really thought much of it until I switched to a different, more expensive moisturizer. And switching back to this one had made such a dramatic difference on my skin. It is so gentle no matter how bad the shape of your skin is at any point. It's suitable for day and night because it moisturizes nicely while being completely non greasy and works wonders under make up. So glad I rediscovered this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sh0rtastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best Moisturizer for me! I cleanse my face with "say yes to tomatoes" cleanser. I use Clinique's clarifying lotion and THIS moisturizer. I never break out!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by hj352006

I have no idea how this can be recommended for sensitive skin. It burned my skin so bad everytime I put it on! Also if you do the research, a few of the ingredients that are at the TOP of the ingredient list are actually comedegenic and do in fact contribute to acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by rensy

I keep going back to this moisturiser, it never breaks me out or irritates my sensitive skin. It's a great simple, inexpensive and effective moisturiser. I hope Neutrogena never discontinue this, it's so hard to find good basic and oil free moisturisers for sensitive skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by sunsesame

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As far as drug store oil free moisturisers go..this is the best one I have found.
I find this is more moisturising than other oil free ones out there (nivea etc) It doesn't irritate my skin, however if I apply it close to my eye area my eyes seem to water for a few seconds then it goes away.
I have acne prone skin and use a lot of salicylic and glycolic acids, and I find my skin quite dry after using these products. This moisturiser definitely helps combat that dryness, however I am still looking for something a little bit more moisturising. But overall, a good oil-free moisturiser and it's affordable!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is simple, works great. I use this during spring/summer its really light but moisturizing. Doesnt break me out or clog my pores more then they already are in the first place. I'll keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by tyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this facial lotion. It is one of the few moisturizers which could actually clear up my dry patches. Most of the products are not effective on my skin or if they are, they would also make my face oily. This light lotion, on the other hand, does moisturize without feeling heavy. I doubted if it could sooth my sensitive skin when I first applied it. I felt it was not moisturizing enough due to its light texture, but I was wrong. My skin is hydrated and soft after each application, and itís weightless. It feels like I didnít put anything on my face. This lotion does not break me out although it contains Petrolatum. To me, pores would be clogged only when I donít clean them properly. I use chemical products (BHA / Sulfur cleansers, toners, or masks), either in low dose or higher dose, to extract the dirt & oil from my pores daily. I just donít think my pores would squeeze out the impurities themselves LOL. Normal face washing does not clean them for sure. I use different deep clean products to keep my face clear, usually a low dose (0.5%) BHA toner every night and then a stronger BHA or Sulfur product 2-3 times a week. My pores are happy, and this moisturizer works fine with me. Of course everyone should find the best regimen that suits the most.
I only use this moisturizer in the morning, in conjunction with LRP Thermal Spring Water. It does not leave any residue on me and works well under makeup. My foundation goes on smoothly. I use less then 1 pump (about 2/3 pump) otherwise my face could be greasy.
Price is reasonable in terms of the quantity you get. Packaging is excellent as it's a pump bottle. And yes, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by coveandgrove

I used to hate this, now I love it. LOL Now in my mid thirty's my skin has become really sensitive. This is the only thing that gives me moisture without breaking me out. It has also evened out my skintone... On cold dry days I use a generous two pumps and on days that are more hot and humid I use one. My only concern is that it will be moved out for something "new and improved".

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i've purchased this moisturiser a couple of times now and i think it's really good for the price. i used to use it under my make-up, but have since found a better one (embryolisse lait-creme concentre). however, since the embryolisse is quite expensive i reserve that for daytime use only and use the neutrogena moisturiser for overnight/"at home" days. it's not bad under foundation at all, i've just found one that is a bit better. it's a good all-rounder: it helps combat flakes and leaves the skin feeling soft. however it can take a little while to sink into the skin so if you are using it underneath make up, i would recommend giving it a good 5-10 minutes. for extra moisture (because my skin is ultra dry due to my acne medication) i also swirl in a few drops of rosehip oil, and the two work beautifully together.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by bella418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So with me having oily but flaky facial skin I figured this would be the perfect basic moisturizer for my temperamental skin. I recently discovered that this was the culprit to my clogged pores over the years. It is not a good moisturizer if you skin is oily because it contained several pore clogging ingredients despite the non comedogenic claims.. for my skin all it did was clog my pores without any long term moisturization. The reason I kept using it over the years was because a dermotologist recommended this one to me so I just assumed this could in no way be contributing to my enlarged clogged pores... I always just ditched other products/cosmetics with temporary improvement. Finally I did my research of actual ingredients in everything i put on my skin (it was long and tedious but sooo worth it) and ever since I discontinued my use of this product my pores are shrinking and my skin has actually normalized.