April 20, 2014 | 1313 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen Mascara Blackest Black

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just HORRIBLE. It has a really cool tube, so I think I may have been suckered in by that. It doesn't live up to the claims of "grabbing every lash" unless you consider the fact that it gunks them all together. It's nasty stuff and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. WORST MASCARA EVER!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jillian980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this. I'm a sucker for volumizing formulas and I don't mind working a little for good results, so when I read the reviews on MUA I thought I'd give it a try, anyway. I should have listened to you ladies! This doesn't take a little work, it takes a LOT! It does clump like crazy because it dries so fast, and it's impossible not to get it all over your eyelids because the wand is so big. Mascaras almost never flake on me, but this one did. Positives are that it's easy to remove and it is a nice, rich black. I got it on sale for $5, so I'm glad I at least didn't pay full price for it. I'd stay away from this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by samsung01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! I absolutely love this mascara! I was going to buy my usual Full N Soft but I saw this one and I was like hmmmm..I dont usually like any other mascaras besides Full N Soft and DiorShow which WERE my all time favorites. So anyways I tried it on immediately (in my car) after I bought it. WOW is all I can say. I definately will be rebuying this mascara. I might even go so far as to say this is better or definately as good as DiorShow. I definately recommend this product! Oh and I have it in waterproof which really holds my curl =) love it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! This stuff is amazing! I ran out of my beloved Faux Cils and was looking for something to hold me over until I got to Nordies, and I am SO happy I tried this! This does exactly what Faux Cils does for me, but it does it MUCH cheaper and it doesn't flake as much! I'm tempted to say HG but I want to use it for at least a week before I go THAT far! =) I grabbed this in a 2-pack for $8, so this was a steal. If you're trying for the natural lash look, this isn't for you. My lashes were the darkest, longest, and thickest they've ever been, and I didn't use a base, nor did I spend hours building it up. I am SHOCKED the reviews aren't better for this. My husband AND my sister both noticed my lashes, and that isn't something either of them ever comment on. I totally second the reviewer that said her lashes looked like Eva Longoria's in the ad. Love! EDIT: Okay, it's been a week of nothing but compliments. HG! HG! HG! EDIT #2: Sigh... The love affair just didn't last. I love the look, but this started flaking EVERYWHERE on me. I had to go to the restroom at work literally every hour to check my face, and yes, EVERY time there were black specs everywhere. I tried buying a new tube. No luck. I tried switching to the waterproof version in the hope that it would help, but I think it's even worse. Just bought the new voluptious lash stiletto. I'll let you know how it goes!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by l3arl3ie

I'm constantly on the search for the best mascara ever. Well, I paid $5 for this mascara, and for the price, it's been really good. It doesn't flake, it doesn't smudge, it doesn't clump. It gives me nice, fat, long lashes. It's 100% better than Defencils. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't dry well, if I fall asleep in class my lashes will stick together which is not a very pretty look, and it's next to impossible to put more on after it dries. However, I will be buying this again because I seldom fall asleep in class and I rarely have the need to put more on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by claudialg

I have - I think - average lashes, but they are very, very flat so I need to curl them well before applying mascara, and most mascaras I've tried (even the expensive ones) are so heavy that make my lashes loose the curl and lay flat, I bougth the waterproof version and I loved the way it hold my curl, the volume and lenght it gave me... I'm a performer, so I have to dance a lot, and it really is waterproof... similar to smoky lash by makeup forever... but half the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by bettyboo2k2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This Mascara is horrible! As soon as you put your first coat on it clumps and drys . I hate the brush it doesn't allow you to reach the lower lashes very well and there not much that comes out so you have to work quickly because it dry fast and your lashes become hard. I will never repurchase this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This actually wasn't too bad. I rarely like drugstore mascaras, but I always seem to impulse buy.

The 2 drugstore mascaras that I will repurchase are JK Jemma Kidd's Ultra Plush mascara and L'Oreal's Bare Natural. This fell below those, but above all other drugstore mascaras that I've tried. It does give nice volume, but it's not enough 'wow' for what I typically like. And it's not natural enough to compare to Bare Natural.

It definitely gave me good un-clumpy volume. I would say better quality 'volume' vs. other volume mascaras that weigh my lashes downwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by anne8009

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Am always searching for that great mascara. I think I have found it! I do not have the longest lashes, but this one creates long dark lashes. No racoon eyes. Love this one!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by aliwindham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is horrible. Applied this morning and it's barely after 12:00pm and it's flaking everywhere and it clumped when applying. It doesn't even make my lashes look that long, either. I'm sticking with my favorite- CoverGirl Fantastic Lash Hydrofuge. If you want to try a good mascara, use that. Apply one coat, warm up an eyelash curler, curl as close to the rim as you can, then apply one to two more coats. Much better than this crap!