October 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Amazing Base Loose Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by socalblonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Warm Silk. It is the ONLY foundation product, over many years of searching, that matches my very fair complexion. The only bad side is with age, the powder seems to seep into the fine lines under my eyes... which can make you look even older. I've tried the liquid foundation but not so pleased with the consistency.

Overall color match is PERFECT!!! And I've tried everything! Chanel, YSL, Dior, etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by likeafeather77

Ok, I have to admit that at first I thought this product was amazing! But then it got bad... First of all, I was poorly matched (even though their color selection is great). It wasn't obvious but it did look too dark. Second of all, it's horrible for combo / oily skin because the skin starts to shine after only a couple of hours. So, unless I was putting powder every couple of hours, I was an oily mess. Finally, this doesn't have good coverage. My skin has a LOT of red in it, so good coverage is key. This does seem to cover somewhat ok when I first put it on but then it melts away and the red shows through. Overall, this doesn't work for me, so I won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I think you either love or hate mineral makeup. For me, all mineral make-up breaks me out something HORRID, and makes my face look like an oil slick. And the mineral foundations change color on me. I look absolutely awful. I have only tried a few mineral make-up brands, Jane Iredale was my first. Thinking it was just that line, I tried others, all with the same awful results. I am just allergic to mineral make-up. Sad. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by daniela25

I love this foundation! The coverage is really good and not heavy. I like the loose better than the pressed only because is not as matte as the pressed and therefore it looks more natural, as if you were not wearing make up! I think the secret to love this foundation is to find the right shade for you, and that might take several tries but once you find it, you will be in love with it. Also, make sure you were the foundation for several hours before you decide on a tone. I learned this because when I was first matched, the lady helping me recommended Amber which is a warm shade, which at the time looked ok. But as the weather got hotter, I noticed that my skin got oily and that made my makeup look darker, like orangey. So I went back to the store, unfortunately they did not accepted returns. So I got an exchange and also requested a sample so I could wear it and make sure I like the tone, before opening my full size foundation. Well they gave a sample of the Riviera tone which did not worked, too grayish and yellowish. Went back, exchanged my full size Riviera for the Radiant one and also got a sample of it. I went home and tried it, and loved it is a perfect match! I am so pleased with the results! A little expensive but SOOO worth it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried Bare Minerals (made my skin itch, break out and look like the tin man), Everyday minerals (slid right off by noon), Mineral Essence (no coverage), Pure Luxe (chalky and dry), LA minerals, and Sephora pressed (very nice, but a bit dry), and now this. I went to my local salon and had the esthetician match me (satin) and show me how to apply. After moisturizing, you pat the brush into the minerals in the lid, and lay them on in short gentle strokes, no intense buffing! Then, spritz with the moisture spray, let dry, and repeat. My skin looks amazing, and better as the minerals warm up to the skin, slightly glowy and healthy...no breakouts, itching, or metallic sheen. The more you buff, however, the more glow you get. I might switch to the pressed base in the summer because it's better for mattness, but for winter and the accompanying dullness and dryness...this beats 'em all hands down. The secret is in the application! And get a sample or have someone match you....BTW, they've removed the bismuth oxychloride, which is a potential skin irritant.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by svea4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like jane iredale products - but they are so expensive!
I have tried this powder twice and I really like it.. I like how easy it to apply makeup with a powder like this. and it looks so natural after 15 min. or so.. especially if you spray on some setting tonic. and it lasts for many hours - more than normal liquid foundations.. even in the gym it stays on. the only thing I don't like are the colors, they some too orange or red for me abd also the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaKral

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I should have stuck with my laura mercier.. this thing may last me a month. I like a good coverage and the aesthetician said this product was good i bought it in warm silk good color match. however, not good coverage I have to actually dip the brush INTO the minerals like twice to get good full coverage. So i wear it on work days where i dont care about coverage cause i wear scrubs and Im in the medical field.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2008 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Japanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*EDIT*
I tried this product yet again cos I ran out of everything else! Surprisingly it worked really well for me! It works well if I make sure my moisturiser is absorbed (no brainer!) & if I use my Flawless Face brush in light sweeping strokes, rather than buffing with my Kabuki.
I still don't think it'd be good for acne / scarred skin (doesn't give enough coverage).
I won't buy it again because of the price, but will be happy to keep using it till I run out.
-----------------------------
I wish there was a HELL NO for 'Would you buy this product again?' ; )
I paid so much for it here in Australia and I feel ripped off. It does something funky to my complexion - it doesn't really look like I'm wearing any makeup, but somehow makes the texture of my skin seem worse.
I first bought this when I had mega acne and it did NOTHING to even take the edge off the appearance of my bad skin. I gave it another go recently since my skin's cleared up now and it still did nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by stellarvenus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore Jane Iredale Amazing base. I've tried a ton of other mineral foundations and nothing goes on so smooth and fine textured as this. The minerals are very finely ground and never leave you chalky looking. Nor do they feel gritty on the skin as I found some that have.
I find that most often I am the Bisque (a pale neutral) but in the dead of winter I switch to Ivory (the palest of pales). I also love that it is four in one product, it's foundation, concealer, powder and an extra bit of sunscreen.
I've been using it for several years now and will continue to do so as long as it's still made. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by hellomynameis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone skin with a lot of red acne scarring. I am around NC 25-30 (asian), and I use Warm Sienna. Amazing Base gives me that "JLo" glow, which actually lasts ALL DAY (~8 hours), but I do use a milk of magnolia and Amazing Matte Loose Powder to keep away any nasty oiliness. I do not even touch-up! And keep in mind that the foundation actually look better throughout the day, as your natural oils settle in the powder. The only con: as a concealer, it doesn't cover up my acne scars as well as I would like it to, but I am still trying to experiment with it.

But overall, this is a great product...IF USED CORRECTLY!
Here are my tips from experience:

Make sure to moisturize every night and morning when using this product. The powder will accentuate any dry patches of skin (I learned this the hard way!) And before applying the foundation, let the moisturizer dry completely.

Apply in several very thin layers. The results are so much more natural.

Use the Jane Iredale Chisel Brush. And if you are acne-prone like me, wash and condition it after every use! I just use Dove unscented bar soap and Shiseido hair conditioner.

If you have oily skin, use milk of magnolia and the Amazing Matte (as mentioned above)!