October 20, 2014 | 849 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Explosion

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by pvs2364

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this product just because i had run out of mascara and needed a new one and i have to say that i am not very impressed with how this product worked. I mean i thought the brush was cool and all but i didnt really do anything for my lashes and i also found it quite clumpy, i even gave it a few weeks to dry out a little. probably wont repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by WildflowerRuby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I tried this out at a friend's house, and I'm kinda surprised- this is like the first mascara I've EVER tried that I absolutely... let's say, don't like that much. I can usually make any mascara work for me.
This just clumps. It's just clumpy. I didn't look at it closely to find the actual "clumps", but it just stuck a bunch of my eyelashes together. Couldn't they have called it "Clumpy Explosion" or "Explosion of Clumps"? Lol, sorry, L'Oréal, but this just did NOT work for me. The Carbon Black Telescopic I found awesome, though.
I'm glad this isn't mine and that I didn't buy it myself. My friends dislike this mascara too.
2 Lipsticks because:
1 is a potential lipstick. It might work for some people, yay!
2nd is a lipstick for pigmentation. This mascara has a nice, black, pigment.
I know this works for lots of people, and I really admire that :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Horrible!! L'Oreal really failed with this mascara. I admit, I was skeptical to try this out after seeing the style of the mascara wand but decided to try it anyways since it was discounted. Bad decision. The wand picks up too much product so it all clumps together in one big mess. The formula itself is rather wet and takes awhile to dry, so be careful with smudges. Don't buy unless you want clumpy droopy lashes!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is the worst mascara I've ever tried.
The brush is tiny and applying the mascara took forever because of it.
It clumped like hell, even if I wiped the excess gunk away from the brush.
It made my lashes stick together like glue and it was hard to get them separated even with lash comb after applying.
It straightened my curled lashes, fully. There was no curl left.
My eyes were itching the whole day when I used this.
It flaked and smudged under my eyes. I even found mascara flakes down on my cheeks and that's never happened with other mascaras (normally mascaras just flake and smudge under my lower lashes).
The reason for it flaking so much must have been the weird consistency of it. It was sticky and glue-like.
I would have never purchased this mascara myself, because of the weird brush. I got it free with some other product that I bought. I knew it even before trying that the brush wouldn't work on me, but I never thought that the mascara itself would be such a disaster.
All I have to say is yuck. This mascara ended up where it belongs... to trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lmoss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this mascara after reading and hearing so many good stories about it being a wonderful mascara. I had always wanted to try it, but was turned off by the price, so when I found it on sale I had to give it a go. For starters, I like the typical round brush. I noticed that this mascara comes with a ball brush, I had never used that type but I figured it couldn't be that hard. Well, I really hate that brush! Not only does it take longer to apply because you're dealing with a shorter, smaller brush, but it also is difficult to remove excess product because you can't just quickly scrape it off, you have to keep rolling that little ball around. I found that the ball makes application take longer too. The reason I like long, round brushes is because you can quickly and easily sweep the brush and coat many lashes at once. The mascara itself isn't much to brag about either. I noticed that once I got to two coats on my top and bottom lashes my lashes looked more like fat spider legs. I want my lashes to look longer and perhaps a little fatter, but this looked ridiculous. I felt like I was trying to look like Lady Gaga. I want my lashes to stand out but still look pretty and natural. There was nothing pretty about this look. I quickly washed it all off (thank goodness it washes off quickly and easily) and started over with a different mascara. I won't be using this product again. I'm really disappointed with it... as I expected more from L'Oreal

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Lecherrysodaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Im sad to see so many bad reviews! I actually like this! :/

The one thing is the ball brush is really fuzzy to apply... you need to take your time to elongate, declump, separate, etc... which takes a lot of time but I remember how everyone complimented my lashes when I wore this :) My lashes are thin and sparse and this really made a difference

I actually liked this one better than the falsies!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by tashak23

This was THE worst mascara I have ever tried. I bought it because it was on sale for $3 off and it came with a telescopic liquid liner. The brush is horrible and the mascara is the clumpiest I have have ever seen/experienced!!! Don't waste your time with this product!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

I like how the wand is cute but this mascara sucks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by boobrandt

I lost track of my Givenchy mascara with the ball at the end and saw this at the drugstore. NO comparison whatsoever. I find the Loreal to be stiff and hard when it has been on your lashes-even oil-based removers don't take it off easily. The wand is fine but the formula is too thick?
I'll stick with my Givenchy (which i found!) as long as I don't think I'll be crying that day!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by danimaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this mascara. My lashes are naturally curled and mid to long in length. This mascara makes my lashes look very fanned out. adds good volume. Gets to all the lashes thats usually are hard to reach. Its a little time consuming though. Takes longer time to apply then a "normal " mascara. But when i have a little extra time i loves this mascara.