November 24, 2014 | 1280 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Walke202

I remember using this mascara years ago; it had an odd lilac scent to it that a lot of people complained about, but personally, I enjoyed the scent. Now I've returned to it in waterproof, scent free. I do like how this mascara lengthens my lashes. It doesn't do much to improve volume, but it does at least make them show up. It doesn't clump, flake off, and smudge underneath my eyes - one thing I LOVE about this mascara.

However, I don't like is how difficult it is to remove. I'm not sure if it's fair to blame the mascara. Maybe it's just my eye make up remover. But I've found myself having to rub my eye so much that it irritates my eye lid and makes my eye lashes fall out. I am going to use the rest of the tube and then try a new kind; maybe the non-waterproof formula will be easier to remove.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This mascara is very clumpy and messy. I find my lashes sticking together. It gets all over my eyelids, then I practically wash off all my eye shadow just to get the mascara off because it's waterproof. I think it makes lashes look very fake and bent. On top of all that, my eyes itch like heck after a few hours of wearing this. This mascara is going in the trash!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by nomnomcat

Great mascara! My lashes aren't super skimpy, but they're not full either--just average. I can load on up to three coats of this mascara and it won't get clumpy. I do sometimes wipe off excess with tissue paper, though. Truly waterproof as well--it's made it through swimming even, without flaking or smudging.

I wouldn't call my lashes "colossal" as a result of this mascara, but they definitely stand out more, and with the help of an eyelash curler, I'm looking bright-eyed and awake!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

This mascara does what its supposed to - gives me lots of volume. I love that its dark and gives me great big lashes, which is especially hard to do since I'm asian and my lashes are short and sparse. This holds a curl well because its waterproof. However, I did find that it does transfer and smudge under my eye throughout the day and its hard to take off at night even with a makeup remover. That's why I'm giving it a 4 instead of a 5. Other than that its really great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

This never fails to give me the "lush" lashes look. All time hands down HG mascara for moi
Price: $6.57 CDN
Pkg: fat bristle brish
Length: impressively long
Volume: very dramatic in 3-4 coats
Always, always let it dry for an overnight or two before using this. It makes a night and day difference.
It holds a curl and gives 'colossal' volume as well as definition and length. Also very w/p and smudges little on my oily eyelids.
Rec it wholeheartedly :D

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

The formula is too wet and causes my lashes to clump together. It is also not waterproof on me, as it still comes off below my lower lashline after normal wear. The smell didn't bother me and I liked the wand, but it isn't truly waterproof and therefore not worth repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by heavenlyblissx

When my mum bought me this mascara two years ago, I thought "Yay!" because it was volumising and waterproof which are good things for my straight, short Asian lashes.
So I wore this for the first time when I went out for lunch with a friend who tried to introduce me to this really nice-looking guy...and my worst nightmare for a mascara mishap came true! I noticed my friend and the guy give me weird looks throughout lunch so I went to the bathroom and HOLY COW, I looked like a right raccoon! The mascara was all smudged under my eyes and the worst bit, because it was pretty waterproof I couldn't wipe it away! So there I was, stuck with racoon eyes trying to chat to this guy who was obviously put off by my mascara mishap....To put it shortly, never buying this mascara again because of how smudgey it was on me and ruining my chance of bagging a good man :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

Purple font means not waterproof. Blue is waterproof. Just wanted to put that out there because some people are getting the latter and saying that it isn't waterproof one bit.

I don't know how anyone can like this mascara. I threw it away after giving it a long try so I can't remember the one exact ingredient but that one thing is what gives this mascara THE FUNKIEST SMELL. If you can deal with it, fine, but it's really strong. I warned you.

I thought this stuff was just too messy. I have short eyelashes, of course I want thick long lashes, I'll try anything, I gave this a chance, it was not the answer. Personally, I like my mascara to go on evenly. This does not. Don't waste your money please.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by cansal

Bought this mascara a few days ago..tried it today and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Finally found my HG mascara. Lengthens my average length lashes and holds a curl really well. 2 main things I look for in a mascara. Natural or dramatic? It's up to you. The effect you get depends on the number of coats you apply.
There are a few cons to it though.. it doesn't really add volume your lashes like it says on the package..and isn't as waterproof as you'd think ..but other than that I find that it's a great mascara bought it for about 6 dollars and the yellow bottle with purple writing is cool. Would recommend this product and will probably buy it again, unless I find a better mascara:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by asrkang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Of all the mascaras I've tried, I definitely found myself continuously grabbing this one. This mascara holds a curl very well, is waterproof, lengthens, and volumizes - the main things I look for in a mascara. I also have extremely oily skin, including above and below my eye, which tends to cause smudging when I wear most mascaras. This particular mascara does still smudge for me a bit, but not as bad as the other ones that I've tried. Still on the lookout for one that won't smudge, but so far, loving this one.