Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 10/11/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Owning around 30 mascaras half of them being drugstore ones i found Maybelline's Volum' express the colossal one to be one of the best i have bought , for me it separated and lifted my lashes so they almost looked false.
i love this product and will buy it again :)

on 10/11/2012 8:38:00 PM

I was so excited to try this mascara, and around the first week I noticed GREAT results. Then I started to notice that it would get flakey, clump together, and the mascara just wouldn't stay on really well. Its definitely a nice mascara, I just found that it didn't work too well for my eyelashes. :(

on 10/4/2012 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara. My old favorite mascaras include Cover Girl Las Blast, L'Oreal Voluminous, and L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen (all waterproof versions) - however, this one is even better. This mascara isn't clumpy, can be built up with a few coats, and doesn't flake. My lashes look full and voluminous, and best of all it holds my curl **all day** after curling. However, my eyelids and skin are oily, so I do experience a little bit of smudging on my upper and lower lids at the end of the day (I only apply mascara to my top lashes). I still give this mascara 5 stars because I've gone swimming while wearing this mascara and did not experience raccoon eyes. I've already repurchased this mascara 3 times (and will probably continue to repurchase), but I'll still be on the lookout for a drugstore mascara that does not smudge, is volumizing, AND holds my curl all day.

on 10/4/2012 12:45:00 PM

I absolutely love this mascara!! My HG Mascara, everything else I've tried has not got a patch on this to be honest.

I love the length it gives me, volume is fair and the staying power is amazing. It doesn't flake, nor run or budge at all. I love, love, love this product. I also love the packaging, the bright colour makes it easy to find in a makeup bag and it also catches your eye on the shelf.

Great product.

on 9/24/2012 1:44:00 PM

Basically, I bought this mascara today, because of all those good reviews. My lashes are naturally short-medium length and a medium fullness/volume.

* PACKAGING: I think the yellow tube is super cute, though I find it looks a bit cheap-looking, but I don't really care about that, since I'm not going to wear the packaging on my lashes.
* MY EXPECTATIONS: Before I tried this, I expected quite a lot from this, because of all the good reviews. I expected it to give a lot of volume and no clumps.
* WHAT IT CLAIMS TO DO: Up to 7x more volume instanly - in just one coat with no clumps.
* VOLUMIZING AND LENGTHENING: Volumizing? Uhm.. yes, but not as much as I expected. Lengthening? Yes, definitely!
* SEPARATION: The separation is amazing! No clumps, no spider-legs, no nothing!
* THE BRUSH: I love the brush! It's big and feathery, and it's just perfect!
* OVERALL: I looooove the look it gives me! My lashes gets super long with medium volume. They're also soft to the feel. You can create a natural look with one coat, and with 2-3 coats you'll get dramatic, long and thick lashes!

Pros:
You can create both natural and dramatic looks, your lashes gets super long, volumized and pretty + it's cheap (at least in the US, i got it on sale for $16, but makeup is crazy expensive in my country)

Cons:
It smells a little weird, but I don't really mind that.. I don't really sniff my mascaras..

I haven't tried out if it is waterproof, but I will update as soon as I can!

on 9/23/2012 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute must have mascara in my makeup bag. It works well for me and I have never used any other mascara once I started using this one. It's long lasting and makes my lashes look amazing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It saddens me to see my HG mascara has such a low rating. This mascara is the only one that doesn't clump my lashes to oblivion. The curl of my lashes doesn't hold at all, and this mascara holds it up all day long. I have stick straight lashes with little length, but this improves everything. The only thing I wish were different about waterproof mascaras is that they're easier to take off. I guess you can't have the cake and eat it too! I still love it so much, and haven't found anything to beat it yet!

on 9/18/2012 7:33:00 PM

I remember using this mascara years ago; it had an odd lilac scent to it that a lot of people complained about, but personally, I enjoyed the scent. Now I've returned to it in waterproof, scent free. I do like how this mascara lengthens my lashes. It doesn't do much to improve volume, but it does at least make them show up. It doesn't clump, flake off, and smudge underneath my eyes - one thing I LOVE about this mascara.

However, I don't like is how difficult it is to remove. I'm not sure if it's fair to blame the mascara. Maybe it's just my eye make up remover. But I've found myself having to rub my eye so much that it irritates my eye lid and makes my eye lashes fall out. I am going to use the rest of the tube and then try a new kind; maybe the non-waterproof formula will be easier to remove.

on 9/18/2012 5:49:00 PM

This mascara is very clumpy and messy. I find my lashes sticking together. It gets all over my eyelids, then I practically wash off all my eye shadow just to get the mascara off because it's waterproof. I think it makes lashes look very fake and bent. On top of all that, my eyes itch like heck after a few hours of wearing this. This mascara is going in the trash!

on 9/5/2012 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great mascara! My lashes aren't super skimpy, but they're not full either--just average. I can load on up to three coats of this mascara and it won't get clumpy. I do sometimes wipe off excess with tissue paper, though. Truly waterproof as well--it's made it through swimming even, without flaking or smudging.

I wouldn't call my lashes "colossal" as a result of this mascara, but they definitely stand out more, and with the help of an eyelash curler, I'm looking bright-eyed and awake!