July 28, 2014 | 1795 users online

Concealers - Smashbox - High Definition Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by GlitterSticker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I tried it on in Sephora, I thought I liked it, I thought it was a dream come true. WRONG! It has a very thin formula, does a horrible job concealing, and I'm not even that old, but all my fine lines are super visible! I've also gotten darker since buying it so I can't wear it again until next winter (Like I'd want to!!)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by pokerface757

This is crap, product comes out seperated & settles into my fine lines on the face, doesnt really cover either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by melissacy

Not impressed, I don't think this concealer is worth the splurge. I've found other drug store concealers that work better than this.
I find this concealer can do the job, but doesn't last all day and doesn't give me the natural looking finish I want on my skin. It's just an okay concealer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by SpendsTooMuch

This concealer is about the only one I've ever used that doesn't crease. I use only it on my eyelids and it has stayed in place throughout the fall and winter. I have oily skin and my concealer would always crease despite the temp.
I hope it passes in the warmer weather. I'm not expecting any miracles though, since that's just my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm not a big concealer fan. Despite my finest efforts and a multitude of product trials, I always manage to end up with a caked-up, unnatural finish. Perhaps it's because concealer isn't a regular part of my routine - I only ever reach for it when I've got redness my sheer to medium foundations can't cover, or when I've got a pimple that's angry and enormous, which, thankfully, isn't often.

But in recent weeks my skin's redness (accompanied by so far unexplained raised patches) has been more difficult to control, and my regular base and powder hasn't been enough to cover it. This has been the answer to my troubles. I'm still amazed at the coverage - it's light, yet buildable. Creamy. Opaque. I haven't had any of that cakiness I've found with other concealers, and blending it in, using the warmth of my fingers, has been easy and foolproof. Best of the all, the color - in Fair/Light - is a perfect match for my NC25 skin. Perhaps the only gripe is that the product does have a tendency to separate - if I don't shake this or knead it beforehand, it does come out on the watery side.

I'm totally in love - I can't leave home without this now! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by sparki007

I have mixed feelings about this concealer because it didn't perform consistently for me. That may be due to the product separating, so I got into the habit of kneading the tube before I squeeze it out and that helped a bit. This product is a bit watery when compared to others in the concealer spectrum, but I liked how light it felt. It didn't feel heavy at all and though it contains some slight shimmer to brighten, it wasn't very noticeable. The color matched me pretty well. I am around NC20-25 and Light suited me fine. The color runs a little on the yellow side, which made it really excellent for covering up little spots and red patches. When I used it on a spot without powdering, the concealer seemed to disappear within minutes so make sure you set it. Where it failed for me was under my eyes. It disappeared when I used it on top of eye cream, applied patchy when I didn't, and caked up when I used powder. I tried every combination of application technique that I could think up but it just didn't work with my skin. So if it works for you, it could be quite versatile but sample it first.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Nibblez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This concealer is okay. The fair/light is a good match for my skin tone, and it is a pretty lightweight concealer. However, for under eye it tended to crease and not always do a good job for long-term coverage.

I'll probably look for a different option when my tube is out...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mochaviolino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh, this concealer was okay, though disappointing for the price I paid. It has a thick and creamy consistency, yet even the smallest amount can look cakey under the eyes. I've tried applying with a dampened concealer brush, or even slightly wet fingers; both techniques seem to help thin the formula a bit. It does, however, cover blemishes rather well. I wouldn't buy this product again simply because it is way too thick for my taste.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Island77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a bad product, but I am unsure if I will rebuy.

Has a nice creamy consistency and does cover. However It seems to be a little cakey when used under the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by samanthahamilton87

This concealer is one of the best I've tried. I have very bad cystic acne and have been using Bare Minerals Matte Foundation (as well as the warmth, blush, and hydrating mineral veil) for the past 5 years. While I love Bare Minerals products, I needed more coverage for my growing acne issue - it seemed nothing would cover my blemishes. Bare Minerals helped even out my skin tone, but if I tried covering my pimples w/ the foundation using the concealer brush it turned into a cakey, very noticeably make-up, mess. This product was the first concealer the lady at Sephora tried on me after expressing my needs for better coverage. I fell instantly in love. The color blends perfectly into my skin!! Sometimes it takes multiple layers to cover very dark spots, but it doesn't feel (or look for that matter) layered or cakey at all! Also, I haven't noticed any further breakouts in the area that I use the product. This is the newest staple in my makeup bag!