October 23, 2014 | 1859 users online

Concealers - Smashbox - High Definition Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by satojoko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up for $22 plus tax at my local Shoppers Drug Mart.

Yes, I agree, when I got it, I had to shake the hell out of it because it was somewhat separated. But after several good shakes and storing it tip down after every use, that problem seems to have remedied itself. I just shake it really well before each use.

I bought this in medium, and use it only under my eyes. The product has silicone in it, which makes the rest of my face break out, so only on the eyes. I first took home a sample of this to test it out. Was afraid of shelling out that much cash on it in case it was rubbish like my other Smashbox products.

I love(d) this in the eye area because it blends out very well, doesn't cake or crease, and is invisible even when I'm not wearing foundation. However, I also do not have extremely dark circles. I honestly don't think that this would be suitable for somebody with very dark coloring under the eyes. It just doesn't have enough pigmentation to it.

Yes, I *loved* it. But a while after buying this, I picked up L'Oreal's Touche Magique, which is actually far better than this product. It has more poigmentation, blends just as well, and covers a great deal. It's also half the price and has a nice brush on the end, doesn't separate and can also be used to brighten up areas of the face, making it a multi-use product.

I definitely won't be buying this product again. Not when I can get a superior concealer for half the cash which I can use for more than one thing. So far, I've been disappointed with all of the Smashbox products I have tried, except Halo. This one is no different. Smashbox is officially off my list of 'have to have' products. after this purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I personally thought this was a horrible and way over priced concealer. It delivered little coverage and I found it prone to caking and creasing. Additionally it constantly separated in the tube, despite shaking and mixing up the contents. I have owned and loved other concealers at a fraction of the cost to this one. Sometimes higher price points don't always equal higher quality, especially in the case of concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by betseylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing special. not worth the $30 at all. really thin kind of water like consistency. doesn't last over an hour under my eyes and it comes with barely any product for the price. only good this is that it feels moisturizing but if youre going to spend that much on a concealer at sephora go for another like kat von d's tattoo concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by GlitterSticker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I tried it on in Sephora, I thought I liked it, I thought it was a dream come true. WRONG! It has a very thin formula, does a horrible job concealing, and I'm not even that old, but all my fine lines are super visible! I've also gotten darker since buying it so I can't wear it again until next winter (Like I'd want to!!)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by pokerface757

This is crap, product comes out seperated & settles into my fine lines on the face, doesnt really cover either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by melissacy

Not impressed, I don't think this concealer is worth the splurge. I've found other drug store concealers that work better than this.
I find this concealer can do the job, but doesn't last all day and doesn't give me the natural looking finish I want on my skin. It's just an okay concealer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by SpendsTooMuch

This concealer is about the only one I've ever used that doesn't crease. I use only it on my eyelids and it has stayed in place throughout the fall and winter. I have oily skin and my concealer would always crease despite the temp.
I hope it passes in the warmer weather. I'm not expecting any miracles though, since that's just my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm not a big concealer fan. Despite my finest efforts and a multitude of product trials, I always manage to end up with a caked-up, unnatural finish. Perhaps it's because concealer isn't a regular part of my routine - I only ever reach for it when I've got redness my sheer to medium foundations can't cover, or when I've got a pimple that's angry and enormous, which, thankfully, isn't often.

But in recent weeks my skin's redness (accompanied by so far unexplained raised patches) has been more difficult to control, and my regular base and powder hasn't been enough to cover it. This has been the answer to my troubles. I'm still amazed at the coverage - it's light, yet buildable. Creamy. Opaque. I haven't had any of that cakiness I've found with other concealers, and blending it in, using the warmth of my fingers, has been easy and foolproof. Best of the all, the color - in Fair/Light - is a perfect match for my NC25 skin. Perhaps the only gripe is that the product does have a tendency to separate - if I don't shake this or knead it beforehand, it does come out on the watery side.

I'm totally in love - I can't leave home without this now! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by sparki007

I have mixed feelings about this concealer because it didn't perform consistently for me. That may be due to the product separating, so I got into the habit of kneading the tube before I squeeze it out and that helped a bit. This product is a bit watery when compared to others in the concealer spectrum, but I liked how light it felt. It didn't feel heavy at all and though it contains some slight shimmer to brighten, it wasn't very noticeable. The color matched me pretty well. I am around NC20-25 and Light suited me fine. The color runs a little on the yellow side, which made it really excellent for covering up little spots and red patches. When I used it on a spot without powdering, the concealer seemed to disappear within minutes so make sure you set it. Where it failed for me was under my eyes. It disappeared when I used it on top of eye cream, applied patchy when I didn't, and caked up when I used powder. I tried every combination of application technique that I could think up but it just didn't work with my skin. So if it works for you, it could be quite versatile but sample it first.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Nibblez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This concealer is okay. The fair/light is a good match for my skin tone, and it is a pretty lightweight concealer. However, for under eye it tended to crease and not always do a good job for long-term coverage.

I'll probably look for a different option when my tube is out...