October 22, 2014 | 2056 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Tokameaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this fundation...bc its very light weight it doesnt feel like u have anyfundation at all....its also very natural looking when u blended with ur fingers....when i first got it i didnt like it bc my face was breaking out like crazy bc of a medication i was taking so i just forgot about it....my face its been better bc i dont take that medication and i guess my hormones lol....well my skin is clear, all i have is a few marks....this fundation wont cover the marks ...but its very natural looking...if u have almost perfect skin....u will love this fundation....on my oily skin this fundation doesnt last that long, it last like 8 hrs...but its okay bc now that my skin is clear and i dont need a heavy cover fundation, this fundation makes me feel like i am not wearing a fundation at all...when i first got it, the weather was very hot probably thats why it didnt work for me....not its winter here and my skin still oily but not that bad....if u dont need that much cover and u want a light weigh fundation....u need this =)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Hoorayitscameron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous foundation that enhances your skin in nearly every fashion. I'll break down my review:

1. The feel. This foundation is very lightweight and thin. However, this foundation is light-to-medium coverage so although it is lightweight, it is still very pigmented. This means easy blendability into the skin (because of its' thin viscosity) yet still achieving the coverage you want. Definitely buildable.

2. The finish. This is a semi-matte finish (not an entirely matte finish as the Giorgio Armani Beauty website describes). This foundation gives you a soft-focus look that evens out the complexion yet looks natural. It is your skin, but better + soft focus. There is no powdery/dry finish whatsoever.

3. The smell. This can actually be a turn off to some because while it isn't pungent, it isn't subtle. Personally I find the smell fresh, but to those who are scent sensitive this can be an issue.

4. I have tried other higher end foundations (two of which were Chanel's Lift Lumiere and Guerlain's Parure Extreme) and this by far surpasses them. This lasts longer while still looking fresh and I feel perform better.

5. Longevity. This foundation lasts about 8-9 hours on me. The fantastic aspect about this foundation is that it looks great 3-4 hours, then on the 5th-6th hour the natural oils of your face will work harmoniously with this foundation to give you a luminous glow. Then on the 7th-8th hour you will most likely need to blot, but then the entire process starts again. I definitely don't mind blotting because of how natural this foundation looks on skin. If you dust light finishing powder over this in the morning (I do not because I love the finish of this foundation and don't want to potentially change it with powder), then it will definitely last longer for you. I have oily-combination skin and can wear this foundation just fine.

6. The cost. While $59 is an investment for a foundation, I believe the cost justifies the quality of this foundation. If you pay $30 for a MAC foundation, then you're most likely getting $30 worth of quality. If you pay $59 for the Armani foundation, you get $59 in quality no questions asked. I definitely opt for the latter.

7. Overall this is a foundation that lasts long, gives you a gorgeous glow while not being oily, glides over your pores, provides medium & lightweight coverage, and will last a while. Classy bottle, too.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by bakkylgum

LOVE DISSS !
it covers alot
and i kinda like the silky smell of it ~~
overall, great thick coverage !
only thing is that when you squeeze the foundation out, it just squeezes some random amount, you can't even control how much you want it to come out...they should fix the packaging a bit..

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by GraziellaB

Got a free sample of this foundation, and I was super-excited, first because it was Armani so one presumed it would be good, and second, because I had heard rave reviews by various makeup artists.

Did it live up to expectations? No. My skin looked oily and unappetising within hours. The colour looked too rich so that there was a demarcation line along my chin.Not good, all in all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My ideal foundation colour match is NC15 (my skin is fair with a redness to it, so I use a cool tone to neutralise). I love the GA foundations-really great products that each have something unique about them. Yes they are extremely pricey products!-I think everybody agrees on that. Though much prefer them to Chanel and Dior (if you like dior foundations you probably would like this cos they have that similar vibe-lightweight, skin like and sophicated). I love MAC studio fix but doesn't look as sophicated as the GA range.

But I have had to visit the London Selfridges GA counter numorous times to try to understand the shading number system (which has zero logical to it), and convert the comparative numbers to each foundation product. OMG that was the most confusing and stressful moment of my life!! I believe I'm a no.1 shade in the 'Face Fabric Radiance' (my fav of all the foundations), and about a no.3 in the Luminous silk (but to be honest could wear no.2 or no.5 aswell-depending what look I wanted), note that no.5 is lighter than the 4 and 4.5 in the luminous silk! Weird!

So been tryna get the right colour in the lasting silk. I can't even remember what the colour I originally got in a sample pot!-but decided it was the one for me. So went back again, but still had trouble matching all the testers to the colour sample in my pot. So came away with two more testers (no.2 and no.4). lol. Still undecided which one I wore originally-thinking maybe a no.4.

Hope this is of some use! At the counter the luminous silk and lasting silk pots look almost identical, so check your looking at the right one!

For me the one thing I really don't like about this product is the stress of finding the right shade.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though I said I would buy this product again, I don't know that I will. I prefer just a bit more coverage, especially in winter. In summer, when I use a darker foundation, but don't actually tan my face, it seems to even out my skin tone enough. Winter, it does not cover those pesky capillaries and pigmentation spots well enough to suit me.

I needed at least two pumps to do my face, it just didn't seem to go far, even though it is very fluid. Its not watery, but definitely a liquid foundation, not leaning at all toward a cream. The beauty of the finish of it is that it is medium to sheer coverage, and even though it is build-able, adding more takes away from how it looks, and still does not really cover more. Using more will add more color, but not much more opacity.

This foundation lasted well on me, and did not transfer or oxidize (two pet peeves) It also did not accentuate larger pores. It really is a lovely product, I just like slightly more coverage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by RocketQueen88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am SOOOOO dissapointed with this foundation! the coverage is non existent, and even though i have quite good skin and NEVER brake out EVER....lo and behold it made me brake out! I think it may be due to the alcohol content!? whats with that anyway!? It smells like antiseptic! ugh!
From armani costing at 32 i really did have high expectations for this product! Oh well i suposse my search still goes on for my HG foundation!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Marisglady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im using this in 5 (NC20). The colour might be a little bit light for me, but really close.
Im on the fence about this product. ..
I chose it beacause it is supposed to be better for oily skin than the luminous silk...Maybe because the finish is a satin/matte finish, which I really like, as I like the coverage- deceivenly light coverage...I cant explain it,its light as you apply, but it just makes my skin look great!!!
The consistency is thin, but it really clings to my skin, just like a sunscreen would. I also find it smells like it too. What I dont like is that it feels like its clogging my pores, and that my skin cant breathe. I ve actually notice a few breakouts right after I take this off...
And...I feel it burns my skin a little bit ....as I first apply it....
So....Nice finish...weird feel...
Has anyone experienced this with this product?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, I will never purchase any other foundation ever again. The coverage is perfect, it looks like skin, and the smell is... well a beautiful scent. It blends without any effort. Yes, it is trial and error when trying to find a color. I had the makeup artist put 2 colors on my whole face and I went and stood in natural light. 6 is a great match for me right now (NC25) and once spring comes around I will be ready to purchase 6.5 and mix until summer tan! This is very expensive, but there is a reason why Kim Kardashian's MUA uses this on her. It photographs great and everyone says my skin looks flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation. I have been on the hunt for an HG, and honestly, this is probably it. On most days I prefer to use a tinted moisturizer and powder, but when I want to wear foundation, this is the one I reach for. I only need 1 to 2 pumps, depending on the type of coverage that I'm seeking. I have oily skin with some dry spots and as long as I moisturize beforehand, this does everything I need it to. It's one of the only foundations I've tried that I don't NEED to oil blot or touch up during the day. Would it look more perfect after 7 hours had I touched up? Yes, but the fact that it still looks great without a touch up is a huge requirement for me.
I'm NC 25 and I use this in 5.5. The bottle itself is absolutely beautiful with understated sparkles.
It lasts all day, I have fairly problematic skin with breakouts and if it's a particularly bad breakout I do like to use a concealer, but it's not necessary and I don't need to powder my whole face, either, just the t-zone which is a first for me with liquid foundations.

I love it and I totally recommend it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No