Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:Octinoxate (3), Titanium Dioxide (6.2), INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SORBITOL BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [MAY CONTAIN: CI 77891, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491, IRON OXIDES]

on 2/10/2011 11:50:00 PM

thanks to doing a swap for a sample of this I have found my HG foundation - and you know you have a keeper when your derm comments on your foundation and wants to know what it is.

Me at 53 with some sun damage, very, very slight rosacea on my cheeks, aTazorac user and the other normal "it comes with age" issues. I use 2 pumps of this and apply with the beauty blender sponge - I first used it with a foundation brush but get a much more natural finish with the BB sponge.

The coverage is buildable, no transfer or oxidation. I hit it with blotting paper after lunch and it still looks great at the end of my work day.

I apply my SPF 55 sunscreen first, then a primer (usually Smashbox) put 2 pumps on the hand and dab away with the BB sponge. The pores on my nose disappear and my skin just looks so even and dare I say it - younger. I think the key to good application is the sponge not a foundation brush.

on 2/7/2011 11:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i expected a lot from this foundation, but it doesn't worth the price at all.

it feels dry on my skin; doesn't last long; No SPF; coverage is very light; very expensive

if you are looking for any good things about this foundation, it's natural and light texture, easy to blend, that's all, I think a lot of foundations can do that.

on 2/7/2011 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hated it.... I have been a fan of EL DW and the rep. at GA talked so highly of this. She said that celebrities all use it so I became stupid and bought it. This became extremely shinny on me after a few hours. I am NC 30 and I was given no. 6.5, which was the wrong shade. Honestly, way too expensive for the quality. If you are oily, this is not the right choice.

on 2/6/2011 5:55:00 PM

Wow, after years of searching for an HG foundation I think I may have finally found it. This has beautiful coverage. I would say its medium, but buildable if needed. The shade is a perfect match for my skin tone. I am NC20 and bought this in # 4. This foundation also lasts pretty much all day. This is a feature that I have been searching for in a foundation, so I am so glad that Lasting Silk lasts. I will definitely be buying this when I run out!!

on 1/31/2011 1:01:00 PM

My HG!!!
Every foundation was too dark for me or too pink (like Diorskin Nude and foundations from Givenchy). I am "spring type of skin" = with gold/yellow undertone. I am also PPP - really pale (10NW). And Lasting Silk in shade 2 is the best match for me, it is like my second skin!!! I cant see any difference betwen my face and neck, when I wear it...It covers redness and pimples really well, so my skin is perfect.

Coverage is medium. Texture is light, watery and fresh (very pleasant) with semi-mat finish (I dont need to wear powder). Lasting Silk is not heavy and looks natural.

And I like It has SPF.

I didnt like Luminous Silk....so gross and oily finish. But this is the best foundation I ever had and I will definitely buy it again!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I like the classy looking bottle but the pump gives a lot more product than I need and it is a bit tricky to stop it at about halfway. Price is on the high side but what you would expect for the name and quality. Wide range of colors, I was easily able to find a match. Light scent but not a deterrent and nonirritating. Good medium coverage, doesn't seem to transfer to clothes/sheets/etc. Has SPF but doesn't seem to give a white cast in photos. Wears well all day and has a natural finish as opposed to matte.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Lasting Silk is one of the few foundations on the market that provides an enduring (i.e. no oxidation) color match to my exceptionally pale skin. I am not certain of my color but I am guessing I am between NW5-10 and I find Ivory 2 matches quite well if a teeny, tiny bit yellow. Aside from the color match, I was drawn to this foundation because if applied correctly, it looks like skin, not foundation. This is, of course, exceptionally appealing in a foundation. The downside: this foundation is fickle in how it is applied. If I apply a primer and give the primer plenty of time to set then carefully apply the LSF with a foundation brush, it looks beautiful. If I rush it and don’t get it thin enough, it cakes. Over clean skin, the same rules apply; a careful application is critical. The lasting power is not comparable to, say, EL double wear or Dior’s Forever. I get 3-4 hours before a blot and reapplication to my nose is required. At the end of a work day, it still provides good coverage everywhere but my nose, however multiple blots are required to knock down shine. I would repurchase this foundation because it does look like skin and I have not found anything better yet. It is not my holy grail because, like a bad boyfriend, I can’t stop looking for something better.

Edit 3/12/2011: I have upgraded this product to a 5. I have been using this product for almost three months now and I have grown to absolutely love it. I have found that this foundation applies most beautifully with a damp Bobbi Brown foundation brush. The damp brush sheers out the foundation to look like flawless beautiful skin. I am a typical a ruddy red-head but my skin looks porcelain even with this sheered so thin. I also like to put a drop on plastic and let it dry overnight (I use a watercolor pan for mixing foundation with fluid sheer). Once dry it makes the best concealer I have found for under-eye circles.

on 12/30/2010 4:34:00 PM

I have to admit that it looks so natural on skin.
But, it is not lasting for me, 3-4 hours tops.

on 12/23/2010 11:56:00 AM

I have been lookin 4a decent foundation 4 so many years and at last i think i have finaly found it! Iv tried doublewear,mac pro longwear,face and body,studio fix,studio sculpt,la prairie,chanel,dior and many more! And is so much nicer than all the others.
Coverage is light 2medium,i have terrible skin and it makes my face look flawless.gives such a natural finish,just like ur skin but way better.it lasts all day an doesnt need 2 b set with a powder.i have had comments on how nice it looks.
For ref im dw sand,mac nc20 and 4.5 is this,the colour is perfect just yellow enough 4 my skin.
It is expensive but u realy do get the quality u pay 4.
I apply with a stippling blush,is quite runny so a litle goes along way,i wud def recomend and wil buy again!:-) my search is
over!!!!
After years of searching 4this product they have now discontinued it my perfect colour 4.5!! Cant believe it! The 5 is 2dark an the 4 is prob 2lite so may have 2try luminous silk and just hope i can find a suitable colour and its as good as this! How annoying!:-(

on 12/18/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i love this fundation...bc its very light weight it doesnt feel like u have anyfundation at all....its also very natural looking when u blended with ur fingers....when i first got it i didnt like it bc my face was breaking out like crazy bc of a medication i was taking so i just forgot about it....my face its been better bc i dont take that medication and i guess my hormones lol....well my skin is clear, all i have is a few marks....this fundation wont cover the marks ...but its very natural looking...if u have almost perfect skin....u will love this fundation....on my oily skin this fundation doesnt last that long, it last like 8 hrs...but its okay bc now that my skin is clear and i dont need a heavy cover fundation, this fundation makes me feel like i am not wearing a fundation at all...when i first got it, the weather was very hot probably thats why it didnt work for me....not its winter here and my skin still oily but not that bad....if u dont need that much cover and u want a light weigh fundation....u need this =)