Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great shine, nice colors and easy to use. packaging allows you to use ALL and actually get your moneys worth...they will last a long time and stay nice. Have a very strong scent, some may not like this, I like it...it keeps me knowing the product is okay to use..as soon as the scent fades, throw it away! The price is steep for a lipgloss...but you get a good amount and the colors and rich and shiny. I take one lip off for stickiness, and need to reapply (once every 2 hrs or so).

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

These. Are. SO. Sticky.
UGH
Even the VS glosses are better

I have Berry Bold, it's sheer berry with no shimmer. I got it as a deluxe sample from a Sephora kit. I like the staying power, but I don't love the feeling of it. I don't think it's any better than E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine w/ SPF 15, either, and that product is $1. So, it's a good gloss, but I'd go with the way cheaper dupe, although Lancome definitely has a larger range of colors.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Juicy Tubes is okay, it smells nice, has a nice shimmer (A LOT), and it has nice colours, but the shimmer is a bit much, to add that juicy plump lip look to your lips, you should only add it to the bottom of your lip..but the problem with this is as soon as it touches your top lip..plump bottom lip has become a fail seeing as the gloss is soo damn glittery :( that it draws super shine to ur top..therefore creating a less plumpiness to ur lips !!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I've been wearing juicy tubes since they first came out years ago, my grandmother used to work at the Lancôme counter, (and shes obsessed with their products) so I'd always get to check their products out.. These are thick n sticky which is good Bc that means they never wear off! Very long lasting, very pigmented.. I own about 20-25 of these babies, I have multiples of course.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a free sample with my Lancome purchase. Pretty big size for a sample I have to say. I know it will last me forever. The shade which is very pale pink with some shimmer in it, I would have personally never picked, but since it was a sample I didn't have a choice. Anyways, I was really surprised when I put it on because the pink shimmer made my lips look really plumped up like I had my lips done and made my green eyes really pop out. I am very satisfied with this lipgloss.

This lip gloss is quite thick and a bit sticky, so it stays on well.
Taste and smell are great (I've tried the Peche).
More moisturizing than other glosses I've tried.
The colour is very faint/neutral. If I want colour I wear this over lipstick.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I only have one color (Bubblegum) so perhaps I would have to try a few more to understand why these lip glosses are such a phenomenon but I don't see what makes them better than slanted tip lip glosses by any other brand. I like them more than e.l.f.'s because they are not as sticky and thick but the scent of both could be better. I am not sure if all Juicy tubes have the same lemony/fruity scent but it's not my favorite, in fact it reminds me of lip gloss scents of some cheaper brands (which I can't really remember). Lancome's shade selection is definitely impressive but not impressive enough to justify the 18$ price tag. In fact I much prefer the Victoria's secret Beauty rush lip glosses, I admit not all shades are good (they also have different scents) but I have about 5 or 6 colors and the one I like least (Fineapple) is comparable in color and scent to this particular Juicy tube. The funny thing is that even the packaging doesn't look any more luxurious than the VS tube so I have no idea what you are paying for here.

I hate lip gloss. Except this one. I can see why people dislike it, and I actually agree with some of them. However this remains a part of my makeup kit for a reason:

PRICE/PRODUCT - I got this as a gift so I wouldn't know the price. However neither have I had the chance to find out, as there is a lot of product in the tube and I haven't had the need to replace it yet.

COLOUR - I have Erise 15 but I don't really think colour matters on lipgloss very much, especially if you're wearing it on top of lipstick. I generally just use it on its own. There is a taste to these however, and it's sooo absolutely yummy and fruity that I just want to eat it. I can see why some people wouldn't like this, but hey this has to taste better than your average lipstick right?

STAYING POWER/MOISTURISING - this is very very very thick and is extremely long lasting. In fact I only ever use this in winter because my lips get really dry to the point where no amount of chapstick works. It is extremely moisturising, albeit sticky and can become a nuisance.

All in all, the moisturising power of this = LOVE to the extent where I can put up with the mega shine and I can deal with the stickiness. I would've rated this a 4/5 overall based on personal experience, but taking into consideration those who don't have as dry lips, this could be much too heavy and totals up to a fair rating of 3.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

These glosses are a little too thick for my liking, they make my lips sore when I use them so I apply a lip balm before I use them and it helps

Recommended for Medium Skin