Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

on 7/28/2012 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I only have one color (Bubblegum) so perhaps I would have to try a few more to understand why these lip glosses are such a phenomenon but I don't see what makes them better than slanted tip lip glosses by any other brand. I like them more than e.l.f.'s because they are not as sticky and thick but the scent of both could be better. I am not sure if all Juicy tubes have the same lemony/fruity scent but it's not my favorite, in fact it reminds me of lip gloss scents of some cheaper brands (which I can't really remember). Lancome's shade selection is definitely impressive but not impressive enough to justify the 18$ price tag. In fact I much prefer the Victoria's secret Beauty rush lip glosses, I admit not all shades are good (they also have different scents) but I have about 5 or 6 colors and the one I like least (Fineapple) is comparable in color and scent to this particular Juicy tube. The funny thing is that even the packaging doesn't look any more luxurious than the VS tube so I have no idea what you are paying for here.

on 7/27/2012 9:53:00 PM

I hate lip gloss. Except this one. I can see why people dislike it, and I actually agree with some of them. However this remains a part of my makeup kit for a reason:

PRICE/PRODUCT - I got this as a gift so I wouldn't know the price. However neither have I had the chance to find out, as there is a lot of product in the tube and I haven't had the need to replace it yet.

COLOUR - I have Erise 15 but I don't really think colour matters on lipgloss very much, especially if you're wearing it on top of lipstick. I generally just use it on its own. There is a taste to these however, and it's sooo absolutely yummy and fruity that I just want to eat it. I can see why some people wouldn't like this, but hey this has to taste better than your average lipstick right?

STAYING POWER/MOISTURISING - this is very very very thick and is extremely long lasting. In fact I only ever use this in winter because my lips get really dry to the point where no amount of chapstick works. It is extremely moisturising, albeit sticky and can become a nuisance.

All in all, the moisturising power of this = LOVE to the extent where I can put up with the mega shine and I can deal with the stickiness. I would've rated this a 4/5 overall based on personal experience, but taking into consideration those who don't have as dry lips, this could be much too heavy and totals up to a fair rating of 3.

on 7/18/2012 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

These glosses are a little too thick for my liking, they make my lips sore when I use them so I apply a lip balm before I use them and it helps

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really think most lip glosses are all the same, and the colors don't make much of a difference if you are putting over lipstick. A diference, but not much. So why the high rating? Because the kind like Lancome Juicy Tubes, with no applicator, give you far more product for you money. Comparing this to Nars, which is about the same price, this is .50 zo vs Nars at .28. That is a big difference. I don't like gloss or lid primer or much anything in a tube with an applicator because you do get less product by sometimes half and you often don't know when you have used most of it up. These have a definite taste, so be aware of that. I like it, some might not.

This is just your normal, everyday lipgloss. It's just thicker with more sparkles. I got it in 95 marshmallow electro. It's a light pink, and I expected some color payoff, but no. When applied, it appears as clear lipgloss with sparkles. It is very sticky. It isn't moisturizing. I will not be buying it again, especially at the price.

on 7/2/2012 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's sticky but gives that nice gloss that you are looking for. If you don't blot your lips once this is applied, it last long. Small amount goes a long way and it smells nice too. I scrape a little bit of my lipstick and mix it with this using a small spatula and lip brush and voila! A new glossy lipstick!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love Juicy Tubes. They have a really long staying power, and they're so glossy! One thing I noticed is that the formula is really sticky, so it sometimes feels like you rubbed honey all over your lips. It has a very nice selection of colours too!

on 6/25/2012 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Over priced and over hyped, that's what this product is. I was so glad when I got a JT in a GWP coz I really wanted to try it out but didn't want to spend so much on a gloss.

I got the color Pink Horizon which looks absolutely gorgeous in the tube. Its warm shimmery dusky pink with golden glitter. I really thought it would go well with my skin tone. However, on my lips its nothing like that. There's no pigment in this so on my lips it just looks like a layer of glittery vaseline :(. Who wants that? And its so thick and sticky!!!

I tried wearing it over a nude lipstick and it looked a bit ok. But its way too sticky for my liking. There's no way I'm going to purchase this!

on 6/13/2012 9:29:00 AM

I recently bought a gift set of assorted tiny Juicy Tubes & I noticed that the formula seemed goopy than the tubes I purchased years ago, which isn't an issue for me at all since I love Stila which are heavier glosses in my opinion. Thick glosses stay longer & shinier, but I kind of wished that Juicy Tubes' formula stayed in between, as I originally had in my past tubes, which I reached for when I'm in the mood for serious-lipgloss-without-the-heavy-feel on my lips. Maybe it's just me, or it may be the batch I got, but they feel like Stila-heavy on my lips now. I'm still a fan and will repurchase :)

on 6/2/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

The best lip gloss ever and actually the only one I use. It is sticky, but very long lasting, very glossy, the color range is just wonderful. Of course it's pricy, but I always wish for some for Christmas or something like that :)

Recommended for Medium Skin