October 24, 2014 | 1410 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

As per Cover Girl's website, this was replaced by

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oy. Does this stuff ever oxidize. When first applied it looks ok. But a couple hours later my face had a reddish orange hue. Not good. But I liked how it felt going on. It is very powdery so if you have any dry patches then forget it. Pass on this one. The oil control aspect of it was ok. But it isn't worth the color change. I won't buy this again

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by pixelpanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't really do anything to control the oil my T-Zone (which gets greasy pretty quickly) and it made the area around my mouth flaky. It also gave me really bad acne all over my face, even after washing it off at night! I stopped using this a few months ago, but the acne is still there. TT^TT And for some reason, it has a gross smell -- like burning rubber or something...

The only good thing about this product for me, was that it evened out my skin tone, although the color was a little bit off.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 12:34:00 PM More reviews by jaluna

I have this in Soft Honey and it's perfect for my tanned skin. I only use this as a face powder to put on top of my foundation. It doesn't really help with controlling oilies on my face but this doesn't make me break out which is 'yay' for me. By the way I use a powder brush when applying this, the color looks more even. I may repurchase if I can buy it at a cheaper price.(^_^)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by ChickWithBangs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The one I have isn't the one pictured, it's the round traditional CoverGirl compact.

I like this better than Almay's $10 loose powder, Almay's stuff never stayed on, despite providing good coverage. This stuff DOES stay on alot longer than my old loose powder, of course I know there's better stuff out there, but for $6 instead of $10, I'm sold!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by HollywoodChica88

this is the perfect foundation. it covers well, although if u have dark circles under your eyes or a particularly stubborn blemish you may need to wear concealor under neath this powder. but cover girl really hit the mark with this one - it controls shine without drying, does not rub off, and the compact lasts for a long time! just be careful not to drop the compact - i have twice and its such a pain bc the product will crack and break out of the pan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

Does a decent job of controlling oil, but the shade selection is horrendous, and it offers no coverage whatsoever. It's more like a pressed powder than a foundation. The case is very cute though. I'll stick to my Double Wear for now until I find a better foundation...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Passable for a cheap drugstore powder. I like to know my color match in a cheap, widely available drugstore brand for travel / emergencies :)

Unfortunately, I've had the same experience as one of the reviewers below me about the powder looking awful in photos. I just looked washed out, almost gray, in the photos. In person it looks fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by creole

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be my HG cheapeee.
    I wore it daily.....then one day, some photos came back and I had GHOST face!....That's when I gave up the ghost and my HG cheapeee.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product seemed great in theory. It claims to control oil and keep your face looking fresh so I decided to try it. I was quickly let down, though.

After using this product, my face looked ORANGE! It looked like I attempted a fake tan and failed. Another downside was that it made me break out, even if I use it for just one day and wash it off at the end of the day. It also dried out my face a little, my face looked flaky after I applied it. The biggest problem with this is that it doesn't even do what it's supposed to do! My skin still got just as oily as it normally does, if not more that usual.

The coverage was nice, however. The little sponge that comes with it gave my skin pretty nice coverage, although the sponge did get a little gross after using it more than once, but it still covered all of the redness on my face.

Overall, this product wasn't worth my $6 and I won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by heathernicole27

I don't know why I insist on trying Cover Girl foundations over and over again...just crazy I guess. While this one didn't break me out it did nothing to control the oil slick that is my face and it turned orange after a few hours. The packaging is kinda cute. I like the blue compact, but I will definitely not repurchase. I'm going to stick with BE and EM.