Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing powder

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

I have this in Terracotta 1.

It is FABULOUS. The powder is very, very fine. When you put it on, it doesn't go on like powder. It just leaves a glow. Just be careful to apply lightly. Apparently there's shimmer in it but I haven't seen any. The colour is beautiful - a warm brown. It lasts all day (it's just not waterproof). I like the earthy herbal smell. I love the packaging.
I love this bronzer.

on 6/23/2010 7:41:00 AM

I keep coming back to this bronzer - terracotta, moisturising, long-lasting bronzing powder No 2.
It has a slight shimmer/ sheen and gives me a nice warm glow with a touch of pink/coral. I use it as a blush and to give my skin a perk because I don't need a tan.
Excellent product. Long-wearing and nice finish.

on 5/26/2010 8:56:00 AM

I bought this bronzer a few days ago in 00. I am an extremely white person and I must say that 00 is a little light on me. It would also be ok to get it in 01 or 02.
The color is good. Not orange. It looks very natural. For now I am happy.
Update: I actually think that Mac Golden looks more natural on me. Guerlain can go orange. I have to be very careful not to put "too much", but it's a good product. I will just have to use it when I have some tan.

on 1/22/2010 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this bronzer in 02 and 20. I love 20, its a matte bronzer and gives a gorgeous glow without looking orange! Its a bronzer I often reach for. 02 is slightly more shimmery and can be orange if too much is applied, but this colour also looks lovely on! I do get comments about looking like "Ive caught the sun" with this product. Overall I think they are great if you can find one that suits you and they last ages! But I do find that the price has become rather high over the years.

on 1/20/2010 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Guerlain's Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzer in 20 is THE most wonderful bronzer I've ever tried! I'm a MAC NC27 and was looking for a bronzer that I could also use as a blush, meaning it should have a little more color to it than just bronze (but not orange or red). I also have dry/combination skin so I didn't want a powder that would absorb the little oil I do have in my cheeks! I went straight to Guerlain since they are supposedly the bronzer authority. The Terracotta for blondes was too light and didn't even show on me, while the Terracotta for brunettes was orangey. Then I noticed that there was actually a moisturizing bronzer, and the 20 was just my shade! (similar in color to Bobbi Brown's medium bronzer) It picks up the gold in my eyes and complexion, and is very long lasting.

on 11/27/2009 5:36:00 AM

I have this bronzer in 01, 20 and 03. I'm using 03 at the moment and think it's the prettiest bronzer I've ever used. it looks pretty shimmery in the pan but I think it's more sheeny when it's on. It's easy to go overboard with this bronzer so use a light hand but it is beautiful! I use 20 in the summer when I have more colour. The 01 is a bit too pale but perfect for paler skinned ladies!

on 10/30/2009 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product really does live up t the hype. It gives a lovely natural golden glow (I have dark olive skin), mainly matte but with the tiniest hint of shimmer. And best of all it lasts way longer on your face than other brands (e.g. Bobbi Brown's bronzer) and let's you gradually build up colour layer by layer so you can decide how bronzed you want to look. Expensive but worth it.

on 10/3/2009 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this (#01) after a lot of research and it does not disappoint. It really works great on my skin tone. I use it when I wear foundation and also mix it with my blush. I will not hesitate to repurchase.

on 8/27/2009 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this bronzer to everything else because it really is moisturizing and it lasts all day. It is not frosty or shimmery like other bronzers. I am now talking about the single toned bronzer not the brunette or blonde ones. I have sure used some "matte " bronzers but they never applied smoothly and they always feel so dry on my skin. And shimmery bronzers do have tendency to wear off and start looking blotchy. I love the looks of shimer though also in right day but unfortunately they dont wear long time. My bronzer history is long: Estee Lauder, Chanel, Clinique, Cargo, Dior, Clarins, Elizabeth Arden, MAC, Face Stockholm, YSL, Physicians Formula, Lumene, Revlon... I do love the fragrance in this tho I do understand some of you might not appreciate it. This is actualy the ONLY bronzer I used all of! I purchased this myself and used it all up by myself. Only other blush/bronzer product I ever finished is Shu uemura blush.

on 8/26/2009 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Have just bought this from the estimable Sue at the DJ Canberra Guerlain counter. The shade I got is 00 (the matte version). So far I really enjoy it. It's a pretty matte bronze that is just peachy enough without verging into orange. The application is forgiving and it has never looked weird on my bronzer-unfriendly light skin. Other bronzers I have used are Cargo, NARS Laguna, Duwop, and various TooFaced ones, but Terracotta is leading the pack. It is easy enough to apply that I keep it with me at work to apply in the early afternoon when I'm feeling a bit peaked. Two quibbles: the price and the intense violet odor. I like it and will continue to use until I find something better.

Popular Bronzers