November 27, 2014 | 1048 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by emskas

I LOVE perfect topping. I was a little skeptical of this before I bought it because one of the MSF I've used previously was a waste of money for me. But this is amazing. It doesn't add much colour so I put it on over my blush and it creates a beautiful luminous, shimmer to my cheeks and brow bones. Unlike some shimmery blushes, powders etc it does not sink into every pore and imperfection in your skin. I always use this during my afternoon touch up and it's like an instant skin pick me up. It's gorgeous, I love it.

The only problem I've found is when I keep it in my purse I guess it shakes around in there and some of the powder becomes loose in the pan, but that doesn't really worry me.

Also the price is a little steep in Australia anyway, $45! But again, not a big deal for such a wonderful product,

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by angelbemine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm loving my Perfect Topping right now! Just barely touch the brush on the product & it picks up a lot! I gives you that neutral dewy glow when swiped across cheeks & under browbones. Each one is different & mine is pretty neutral. I asked the SA to give me their lightest swirl, avoiding the brown veins. Unfortunately, I think Mac International ships darker shades/swirls here thinking that the majority of our skintone is medium-deep. I'm fair with yellow undertone. I find a difference in the veinings whenever I search for photos online. Am I just paranoid or is MAC company THAT efficient?

Update: July 10 '09
Am loving this product! Been using this everytime I put on my make-up. Can't live without it...as of now. Love the fact that I can use a darker shade on some parts of my face that needs receeding, & the lighter shade on parts of my face that needs highlighting. I do often remind myself to go easy with the application, because after a couple hours it tends to look like shine on my face, not dewy. Freshly-applied, it looks great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

perfect topping swatches as a gorgeous shimmery light cream color with a hint of lavender & pink. mine has cream, lavender, antique gold and pink veining throughout. an absolute beauty. since i have medium/dark skintone i find that this works best as a highlighter. it does a fantastic job as this and makes your skin look as though its glowing. just marvelous stuff. additionally, this goes on smoothy and is finely milled. a must have for msf lovers.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Joyfulheart5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite MSF. It's fantastic as a highlighter, and can be used as a blush as well. I really like the healthy glow that it gives my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Rholynn

My HG highlighter.... Very sheen, leaves a nice dewy glow that's largely noticeable but never overbearing. It makes skin look healthy ....

I might pick up a second cause I think this is LE.......oh no!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

This leaves my cheeks with a very light pinkish corally glowy, layered with another slightly more pigmented blush, it really does make my cheeks 'pop'. I love this as much as msf in refined. The particles are very much more finely milled compared to the other msf such as the ones from the blonde brunette redhead collection. I really like how this is sheer yet buildable without making you look like a disco ball. would deff buy this again if i ever finish using this massive pan of powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by alitap0408

I like this product a lot. First and for most I was sucked in by how pretty it is in the packaging. Who can resist a shimmery lavendar, white and pink, compact. Anyway on to the actual product. I am very fair skinned and i like to use this as an all over face finisher when I am going out at night to give me a nice all over glow. I think that it make my skin look health at night when I can start looking washed out or tired. For the day, however, I do think that it is a little shimmer to be wearing as an all over wash of color but would be great to add just a little highlight to the key places on your face for that subtle glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I got this after much consideration and I have mixed views on it.Firstly mine is a bit paler than I thought it would be so doesnt give much colour payoff.It is very pretty,I wish I had more lavender in it but never mind.It gives my skin a very nice glow BUT it is no different to many of my other highlighters.I had hoped the pretty lavender/pinks/peach would show up on me but they dont,infact I have a No7 star highlight powder I got at christmas which had tiny lavender bits and these do show up a bit more.I was torn between this and refined but I have a few peachy highlighters..my apricot shimmerbrick being one so I dont think I need any more but I am tempted with that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

This product just looks so so so beautiful. I was completely sucked in when I saw it on the counter. It is a marbleized combination of pink, lavender, and fine silver shimmers, which creates a very natural and appealing glow on my face. It can be used as a highlighter as well as a blush. I got one and now I am thinking about getting another one in stock in case I run out of it because it's a limited edition.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by xovictoriasmithox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutly love Perfect topping I am very pale and I use this as an all over face finisher. It gives my skin a nice glow and it doesnt look oily. I have one with mostly lavender and the peachy tone, not much of the white. I couldnt be happier about this product I just ordered a backup and I think I might get 2 just in case, I think this should be a perm. Item Its hard to find one with fine shimmer rather than the big chuncks in some :)