April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't check the reviews first...I was lured by the packaging and beautiful colors. whoever said it feels like superglue on your lips is right. I have put a gloss over it to make it bearable but my lips feel so gross with this stuff on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Paperheart9329

There are a lot of mixed reviews on this product, but I happen to love it! I have this in "Platinum Petal" and it's fantastic. While it is a bit drying, I put on Rimmel London's gloos over it and it rehydrates my lips. The color is very long-lasting and I have gotten many compliments! The only complaint I have is the difficulty of applying this without a mirror. I have to excuse myself from class if I want to reapply this throughout the day because if you're not looking, it might go outside of your lips and become a mess. But I barely ever have to reapply it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awful..painful..drying..Oh how I wish I had checked the reviews here on MA and Paula Begoun's review prior to wasting my time and money on this product. I was lured in by the beautiful array of color..I mean gorgeous reds, so perfect for the holiday season. And at first, I was pleased with the results. I purchased Regal Rose. It dries to a matte finish so I topped it off with a Covergirl Shineblast gloss. The product claims to last for 12 hrs..not even close. Within a few hours, the color washed out and my lips felt so dry..they hurt. In fact, they still don't feel the same. Stay far away from this product unless you are a fan of dry, irritated lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by WhateverPeopleSayIAm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this. It smells awfully, it dries your lips and it doesn't last as long as you'd expect of this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by babydoll67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There is no way on God's green earth, that I would buy this stuff again. It felt like a combination of superglue, jelly and alcohol. My lips were sticky, clumpy and dry. No amount of balm or gloss worked. Of course, I threw my reciept away. This sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Ram2645

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am amazed at how long lasting this lip colour is. I have tried pretty much every long lasting lip colour out there and this is by far the longest lasting and looks the best at the end of the day. For me it lasts even longer than 12 hours and is the least drying. I too like some others use a top coat of a moisturizing lip balm to take away that slight sticky feeling. There is no feathering at all.....stays totally put for all those hours and it has stained my lips so well even after 16 hours I have to use any good make up remover to get it off.

I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by snowcherry15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am 15 and this was my first "long-lasting" lipstick so maybe I just don't have a decent comparison but I was very impressed with this lipcolor's staying power. While I never timed it out, it definitely seemed to last the full 12 hours, even after meals. I also loved how easy it was to apply, and while the color (Platinum Petal) wasn't the best choice for my dark hair and eyes and medium skin, it was true to what I saw in the bottle. I brought it down one rating because it does tend to dry the lips a bit, but isn't that to be expected with any longwear lipcolor? Overall I will definitely be trying this lipcolor again (in a different shade) because of its long wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by ericaurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in Best Bubbly. I figured it's pink, so it would look good, sort of a natural shade for me. First thing I noticed: the SMELL! Why haven't I seen reviews mentioning how horrible this product smells? Smells like chemicals, it's sick. Second, it's really thin and slick, so you think you're getting 1 light layer, but you're not! I only take the applicator out once, and I even dab some of the excess on the sides of the tube, and I apply. It starts out very thin, I liked that. But wait 30 seconds and try talking... Feeling sticky? Noticing a thickness you're uncomfortable with? Yeah, this product does that! Once I can finally get over the smell, stickiness & plain mess of this product, it doesn't stay. It slowly fades. I'd say it lasts about 2 hours. Could even be more, but like I said, it was a neutral shade for me so I couldn't tell the difference. I can't believe I spend $11.99 on this. I used a $1 off coupon, but still. Big, big regret.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a tantalising product - such lovely colours! And it looks so sleek and elegant in that clear round tube. I am a lipstick junkie and love most Revlon lippies. But this formulation does nothing for me. The texture of the product is off putting - sticky and paint like and impossible to apply with any accuracy or evenness using the applicator provided; it looks (and feels) like you've been eating jam straight from the pot. It starts to set the moment it touches your lips, so I recommend applying carefully and quickly with a brush - and wash that brush out FAST because this stuff sets like crazy. Once you have it on, it stays on forever, the boast about it's staying power is not an idle one. However I found it dry and tight feeling and when it does eventually give up the ghost the results are not pretty - it just seems to rot off in big clumps -never a good look.

I gave it three lippies rather than two because it does have some good points - the colours are absolutely beautiful - so saturated - you will find one to suit you. Despite the patience required to achieve a good application it is an impressively low maintenance lipstick once on, and it really does last. If you can put up with the application and texture, you may well like it better than me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm an older gal and have lots of MAC of the 2 sided lip color/lip gloss, and an older Revlon lip color (same configuration) which I have enjoyed using, I had tried various dept. store types and none really were comfortable.
I am very pleased with the Revlon "one step". The stuff is comfortable, as much so as the MAC(and maybe more), and it was the best in the field. I like that I don't have to keep applying gloss over the color. I also like the colors, no black or limited pink/coral/fucia. At my age, I need color and nudes don't do it for me. I look dead.
I use lipliner to cover the edges and fill in with the Revlon. Works every time and stays put.
Nice to finally find something that doesn't cost an arm or leg that actually Works.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No