July 25, 2014 | 1762 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Kristaxh

I actually LOVE this lipstick for days when I KNOW Im going to have a full day at the salon and want something to last. I have not picked up another color yet, but currently own Stellar Sunrise and LOVE it!
It lasts forever on me, and the color stays nice.
I will however say it is DRYING! But not to the point where i wouldnt wear it again. typically the nights after i wear this i use a SUPER moisturizing lip balm.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by AmyRuth23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DONT even bother with this. Worst lipstick ever. It looks pretty, but feels disgusting on the lips and just feel like this nasty sticky stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a love it or hate it product. I like it. I have it in Supreme Sienna and a pinkish shade the name of which I forget.

I make sure I put a good bit of lip balm before this. Then I smooth a THIN layer of this on top. This method is better than using lipgloss on because lipgloss just defeats the 'long lasting' purpose. If I need to "refresh" this, I re-apply lip balm and re-apply a thin layer of this. So far, it's always worked for me.

It also works fabulously as a "primer" for lipstick (in the same, or almost same shade, of course). I have a lipstick very similar to the Supreme Sienna shade, and when I combine the two, I get VERY long-lasting lip color. I'm thinking of buying a red shade to wear underneath my red lipsticks. Again, the secret is not to over-apply. That makes it clumpy and dry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't check the reviews first...I was lured by the packaging and beautiful colors. whoever said it feels like superglue on your lips is right. I have put a gloss over it to make it bearable but my lips feel so gross with this stuff on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Paperheart9329

There are a lot of mixed reviews on this product, but I happen to love it! I have this in "Platinum Petal" and it's fantastic. While it is a bit drying, I put on Rimmel London's gloos over it and it rehydrates my lips. The color is very long-lasting and I have gotten many compliments! The only complaint I have is the difficulty of applying this without a mirror. I have to excuse myself from class if I want to reapply this throughout the day because if you're not looking, it might go outside of your lips and become a mess. But I barely ever have to reapply it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awful..painful..drying..Oh how I wish I had checked the reviews here on MA and Paula Begoun's review prior to wasting my time and money on this product. I was lured in by the beautiful array of color..I mean gorgeous reds, so perfect for the holiday season. And at first, I was pleased with the results. I purchased Regal Rose. It dries to a matte finish so I topped it off with a Covergirl Shineblast gloss. The product claims to last for 12 hrs..not even close. Within a few hours, the color washed out and my lips felt so dry..they hurt. In fact, they still don't feel the same. Stay far away from this product unless you are a fan of dry, irritated lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by WhateverPeopleSayIAm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this. It smells awfully, it dries your lips and it doesn't last as long as you'd expect of this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by babydoll67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There is no way on God's green earth, that I would buy this stuff again. It felt like a combination of superglue, jelly and alcohol. My lips were sticky, clumpy and dry. No amount of balm or gloss worked. Of course, I threw my reciept away. This sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Ram2645

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am amazed at how long lasting this lip colour is. I have tried pretty much every long lasting lip colour out there and this is by far the longest lasting and looks the best at the end of the day. For me it lasts even longer than 12 hours and is the least drying. I too like some others use a top coat of a moisturizing lip balm to take away that slight sticky feeling. There is no feathering at all.....stays totally put for all those hours and it has stained my lips so well even after 16 hours I have to use any good make up remover to get it off.

I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by snowcherry15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am 15 and this was my first "long-lasting" lipstick so maybe I just don't have a decent comparison but I was very impressed with this lipcolor's staying power. While I never timed it out, it definitely seemed to last the full 12 hours, even after meals. I also loved how easy it was to apply, and while the color (Platinum Petal) wasn't the best choice for my dark hair and eyes and medium skin, it was true to what I saw in the bottle. I brought it down one rating because it does tend to dry the lips a bit, but isn't that to be expected with any longwear lipcolor? Overall I will definitely be trying this lipcolor again (in a different shade) because of its long wear.