October 24, 2014 | 875 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by tessture

I agree with the previous reviewer regarding having to scrub to get this off. It's terrible to get off. I bought the Best Bubbly, which looks like a nice pearly plum/pink in the tube but once it's on it's a almost pearl-white pale pink. Nasty. And yes, it DOES make my lips look wrinkled and old lady. This product isn't good and certainly not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought it because the packaging was really pretty. I really wanted to love it and tried a lot of other things with it but it did not work for me. When it dried it made my lips look wrinkly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Beaumonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A 2-Rating for the colour choice and chic packaging. A 1-Rating for the fact that the tube colour does NOT correspond with how it looks on your lips, even allowing for the necessary shade adjustment!
I had great hopes for this product but was severely disappointed. It lasts all right, but I hated it so much that I didn't want it to! My lips puckered with the dryness. Color Stay manages the rare and horrible feat of being dry yet sticky at the same time.

And I ONLY wear Matte, Demi & Semi-Matte lipsticks.

Here's what doesn't work:

~ It's dry to the point of being parched and I tried it the right way with plenty of moisturising lip balm before application.

~ It does NOT wear off evenly.

~ You have to literally scrub your lips to remove it all. (It's a terrific lip exfoliator, all right!)

I'll bet dollars to drakes the paid Revlon spokeswomen do NOT wear this daily. Sub-par product, Revlon!
Keep the superb Revlon Matte lipstick range and re-formulate this awful line.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mirrabelle

I was lured by the pretty packaging, and the colors. I bought Prized Peach and while it's a very flattering color for my skin tone, the stuff smells awful. It has a putrid chemical scent which I can not get over. Because of the price I paid (10 bucks) I feel awful for wasting it, so I'm going to try to get my money's worth and wear it with lip balm as many of you have suggested. But I will not be purchasing this again.

Wish I came here first before buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Flashpua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This thing is dry, that's correct, but I'm amazed of how long it lasts even with drinking, eating, and teeth brushing. I don't need to reapply it at all, and to calm the dryness, I just use lip balm, and I also apply it with my fingers, not too many product, and still works perfectly.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by SouthLaMeghan

I can't honestly give this a true review of whether or not it's long lasting.. This stuff smelled so disgusting.. I couldn't leave it on my lips for more that 15mins without becoming nauseated.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Kristaxh

I actually LOVE this lipstick for days when I KNOW Im going to have a full day at the salon and want something to last. I have not picked up another color yet, but currently own Stellar Sunrise and LOVE it!
It lasts forever on me, and the color stays nice.
I will however say it is DRYING! But not to the point where i wouldnt wear it again. typically the nights after i wear this i use a SUPER moisturizing lip balm.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by AmyRuth23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DONT even bother with this. Worst lipstick ever. It looks pretty, but feels disgusting on the lips and just feel like this nasty sticky stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a love it or hate it product. I like it. I have it in Supreme Sienna and a pinkish shade the name of which I forget.

I make sure I put a good bit of lip balm before this. Then I smooth a THIN layer of this on top. This method is better than using lipgloss on because lipgloss just defeats the 'long lasting' purpose. If I need to "refresh" this, I re-apply lip balm and re-apply a thin layer of this. So far, it's always worked for me.

It also works fabulously as a "primer" for lipstick (in the same, or almost same shade, of course). I have a lipstick very similar to the Supreme Sienna shade, and when I combine the two, I get VERY long-lasting lip color. I'm thinking of buying a red shade to wear underneath my red lipsticks. Again, the secret is not to over-apply. That makes it clumpy and dry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't check the reviews first...I was lured by the packaging and beautiful colors. whoever said it feels like superglue on your lips is right. I have put a gloss over it to make it bearable but my lips feel so gross with this stuff on.