Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

2.9

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methicone, Sorbic Acid. May Conatain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oixdes (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Carmine (Ci 75470).

on 3/30/2011 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually like Revlon products and tried this when I saw it on special offer. It was a purply shade - comparable to Blackberry in the Super Lustrous line.

I hated it. As others have said, it dries like paint, feels dry on your lips and is impossible to remove. A real disappointment.

on 3/17/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hated it. I bought two Revlon colorstay foundations (love them!) at Ulta when it was buy two Revlon get one free. I didn't want three foundations, and this lipstick was comparably priced, so I decided to try it in the gorgeous Prized Peach shade. I put it on my lips and immediately knew it'd be going right back to Ulta for an exchange. It was like putting paint on my lips, which dries into every crack, and feels nasty on. I couldn't leave it on longer than two minutes because I so hated how it felt. There's no such think as lipcolor that lasts, because the stuff that lasts feels like nailpolish applied to your lips. Pass.

on 1/20/2011 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I agree with the previous reviewer regarding having to scrub to get this off. It's terrible to get off. I bought the Best Bubbly, which looks like a nice pearly plum/pink in the tube but once it's on it's a almost pearl-white pale pink. Nasty. And yes, it DOES make my lips look wrinkled and old lady. This product isn't good and certainly not worth the price.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought it because the packaging was really pretty. I really wanted to love it and tried a lot of other things with it but it did not work for me. When it dried it made my lips look wrinkly.

on 1/14/2011 3:41:00 PM

A 2-Rating for the colour choice and chic packaging. A 1-Rating for the fact that the tube colour does NOT correspond with how it looks on your lips, even allowing for the necessary shade adjustment!
I had great hopes for this product but was severely disappointed. It lasts all right, but I hated it so much that I didn't want it to! My lips puckered with the dryness. Color Stay manages the rare and horrible feat of being dry yet sticky at the same time.

And I ONLY wear Matte, Demi & Semi-Matte lipsticks.

Here's what doesn't work:

~ It's dry to the point of being parched and I tried it the right way with plenty of moisturising lip balm before application.

~ It does NOT wear off evenly.

~ You have to literally scrub your lips to remove it all. (It's a terrific lip exfoliator, all right!)

I'll bet dollars to drakes the paid Revlon spokeswomen do NOT wear this daily. Sub-par product, Revlon!
Keep the superb Revlon Matte lipstick range and re-formulate this awful line.

on 1/12/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was lured by the pretty packaging, and the colors. I bought Prized Peach and while it's a very flattering color for my skin tone, the stuff smells awful. It has a putrid chemical scent which I can not get over. Because of the price I paid (10 bucks) I feel awful for wasting it, so I'm going to try to get my money's worth and wear it with lip balm as many of you have suggested. But I will not be purchasing this again.

Wish I came here first before buying!

on 1/10/2011 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This thing is dry, that's correct, but I'm amazed of how long it lasts even with drinking, eating, and teeth brushing. I don't need to reapply it at all, and to calm the dryness, I just use lip balm, and I also apply it with my fingers, not too many product, and still works perfectly.

I can't honestly give this a true review of whether or not it's long lasting.. This stuff smelled so disgusting.. I couldn't leave it on my lips for more that 15mins without becoming nauseated.

on 1/4/2011 10:44:00 PM

I actually LOVE this lipstick for days when I KNOW Im going to have a full day at the salon and want something to last. I have not picked up another color yet, but currently own Stellar Sunrise and LOVE it!
It lasts forever on me, and the color stays nice.
I will however say it is DRYING! But not to the point where i wouldnt wear it again. typically the nights after i wear this i use a SUPER moisturizing lip balm.

on 1/3/2011 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

DONT even bother with this. Worst lipstick ever. It looks pretty, but feels disgusting on the lips and just feel like this nasty sticky stuff.

Popular Lipsticks