August 20, 2014 | 1064 users online

Moisturizers - Simple - Light Moisturiser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Rosielle91

This is lovely and cheap and does the job. If you happen to be a quick product user like me then this could be fore you, if you just want a basic lazy girl moisturiser. I don't see the point of putting my money into a tiny jar of Biotherm aquasource when I manage to use it in 3 weeks! This is a much better and cheaper option for me! If you have quite normal to dry skin, then layer this a couple of times and you'll save up a loot of money! since the container is so big too. A good bargain moisturiser so far!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and I was super excited. The Simple line seems amazing! I found this smoothed on nicely. There were no issues with irritation for me when applying. It did however cause me to break out with just one use that I'm sure using it full time would be bad. Would not try this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by xoxoxol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been buying this product for years, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable, fast drying, light moisturiser. I don't tend to use it during the day (because it doesn't, unfortunately, protect your skin from the sun) but it's a great base for foundation, or when you feel you need a lighter product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by jfjinca

This review is for the Hydrating version. I have the Replenishing, which I love but the Hydrating is a little TOO hydrating.

It sinks into my skin well enough but leaves a layer of moisture on top of my skin. I have to take a Kleenex and run it lightly over my skin before putting my makeup on. I'd use it in a pinch but not every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by adamevvo1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have very acne prone and sensitive skin and i bought this a few weeks ago and can say that its the best moisturizer i have ever used, my skin was blotchy red and aggravated and i was fed up, i wash my face and apply it after every wash and then add my SIMPLE LIGHT MOISTURIZER and it has got rid of most the redness made my skin smooth and its toning my skin, it has vitamin b in it which is really good for skin repair and softening and also contains vitamin e which is really good for skin repair and making scars less apparent. i really would advise acne prone people to use it as my doctor advised it to me and it has really helped me, i know every ones skin is different so its all about trial and error but i can honestly say its a miracle and i dont know why people are experiencing a burning sensation because it has no harsh chemicals colors or perfumes and is made with natural ingredients so i dont know why people are experiencing a burning sensation, i hope my review helped people and i dont mean to offend anyone who did get the burning sensation because i know everyones skin is different. kind regards Adam Evans.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by sosu89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great simple moisturizer for people with normal or oily skin. Defintely don't use if you have dry skin as this is a very light moisturizer. For AUD 8 for a bottle I will be repurchasing. I had no problems with burning as others described.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a few samples of this and it burned my face when I applied it. It's also very thin and slippery and not moisturizing. I would not purchase the full size.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by deelasoul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like other reviewers have also experienced, my skin reacted badly to this moisturizer. I have sensitive, fairly oily skin and this burned a bit on applicaiton but even worse, turned my skin red and gave me a slight rash on my cheeks and jawline.

For reference, I usually use Boots Light Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin or Clinique Dramatically Different Gel Moisturizer with no problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by SarahJean51089

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really was excited to try this product because I have really sensitive skin. So I went ahead and bought it at CVS. First of all it was $14.00 which I thought was too expensive but I figured I would try it because everyone said it was worth it. It was NOT. It really burned when I put it on and it did not sink into my skin it sat on top of my face and made me oily and made me actually break out more. I don't know why it burned but it made me red and did not benefit me in any way. So I would not recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like a few other reviewers noted, this stuff burns on application. It hurts, turns my skin red, and has actually caused it to flake. I have no idea what is in this that's causing this reaction.

I purchased this thinking that since it said it was for sensitive skin and there are not really any "active" ingredients that it might be a good product to alternate w things that can cause irritation like retinoids, AHA, etc. Not so much. The first time I applied this my skin was wet (which seems to intensify the stinging/burning for me) I very nearly cried. The skin on the top of my cheeks near my eyes and around my nostrils was red for days afterward and actually peeled. I've since figured out that if my skin is dry there is much less irritation, but there is always irritation.

For reference I have somewhat sensitive skin but I am able to use most products, for example applying Alpha Hydrox's 10% AHA doesn't burn/sting/irritate nearly as much as this lotion. Something that's sold by a company claiming to be "sensitive skin experts" should not do this.

Texture wise it's just okay - it is a light lotion but IMO it doesn't absorb terribly well and has a bit of shine to it - not as much as an Avo SS, but more than I had expected from something that's presumably formulated for oilier skins. Long story short it's not a great moisturizer, doesn't leave a nice texture/finish, and omg it burns! Definite would not repurchase.