April 24, 2014 | 1967 users online

Moisturizers - Simple - Light Moisturiser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by sosu89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great simple moisturizer for people with normal or oily skin. Defintely don't use if you have dry skin as this is a very light moisturizer. For AUD 8 for a bottle I will be repurchasing. I had no problems with burning as others described.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a few samples of this and it burned my face when I applied it. It's also very thin and slippery and not moisturizing. I would not purchase the full size.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by deelasoul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like other reviewers have also experienced, my skin reacted badly to this moisturizer. I have sensitive, fairly oily skin and this burned a bit on applicaiton but even worse, turned my skin red and gave me a slight rash on my cheeks and jawline.

For reference, I usually use Boots Light Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin or Clinique Dramatically Different Gel Moisturizer with no problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by SarahJean51089

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really was excited to try this product because I have really sensitive skin. So I went ahead and bought it at CVS. First of all it was $14.00 which I thought was too expensive but I figured I would try it because everyone said it was worth it. It was NOT. It really burned when I put it on and it did not sink into my skin it sat on top of my face and made me oily and made me actually break out more. I don't know why it burned but it made me red and did not benefit me in any way. So I would not recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like a few other reviewers noted, this stuff burns on application. It hurts, turns my skin red, and has actually caused it to flake. I have no idea what is in this that's causing this reaction.

I purchased this thinking that since it said it was for sensitive skin and there are not really any "active" ingredients that it might be a good product to alternate w things that can cause irritation like retinoids, AHA, etc. Not so much. The first time I applied this my skin was wet (which seems to intensify the stinging/burning for me) I very nearly cried. The skin on the top of my cheeks near my eyes and around my nostrils was red for days afterward and actually peeled. I've since figured out that if my skin is dry there is much less irritation, but there is always irritation.

For reference I have somewhat sensitive skin but I am able to use most products, for example applying Alpha Hydrox's 10% AHA doesn't burn/sting/irritate nearly as much as this lotion. Something that's sold by a company claiming to be "sensitive skin experts" should not do this.

Texture wise it's just okay - it is a light lotion but IMO it doesn't absorb terribly well and has a bit of shine to it - not as much as an Avo SS, but more than I had expected from something that's presumably formulated for oilier skins. Long story short it's not a great moisturizer, doesn't leave a nice texture/finish, and omg it burns! Definite would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

"Simple" is the right word to describe this product. This is a very basic, light-weight moisturizer without perfumes or dyes. This would be an okay option for someone with sensitive skin that wasn't too dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by selenax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Basic moisturiser, doesn't do much. It makes me feel quite oily if I wear it during the day but acceptable for a night time moisturiser. I would not repurchase only because I think there are better/less oily moisturisers out there, especially because this is marketed as one that should be quite light.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JovialMistake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and have been searching endlessly for a facial moisturizer that would not exacerbate my acne or greasiness. The first time I used this product, I felt a mild, burning sensation all over my face. I used this product a second time thinking maybe I was just losing my mind, but I had the same burn. All I use is Basic soap, so maybe I'm just too sensitive for this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Two words: allergic reaction!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is horrendous. When I was an oily-skinned teenager it clogged my pores, and now that I'm a dry-skinned adult it simply sits on my face making make-up application impossible. It's also surprisingly irritating for a product supposedly designed for sensitive skin.