October 1, 2014 | 1873 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by bluegreyeyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok, I have super resilient skin when it comes to skincare. I'm a beauty junkie so I definitely am constantly changing & experimenting w different products. VERY rarely do I have any issues. I believe Smashbox primer was one that definitely broke me out. And Philosophy Hope in a Jar. I got a wicked rash and had to use cortisone cream to reduce the hot itchy feeling. I'm bummed b/c it wasn't cheap and while I can understand a silicone based primer messing w my skin, I never imagined something by Philosophy would irritate me so bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Hfortunet

I started using this right before bed and before my makeup routine, my face had never been clearer. It's pricey, but for the effect it had on my skin it was well worth it

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by zurek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overpriced and did nothing for me and I had such high hopes for the cost

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

great product! i noticed a difference after just a few days of using it once a day. it made my skin look plumper, more even, and rosier. i've only been using it for a few weeks, and am excited to see what's in store with longer use. the only thing that sucks is the ridiculous jar format. we all know the reasons why. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a travel-size jar as part of a gift and I don't think I would've purchased this on my own. It does moisturize and soften skin but it's nothing special, certainly not for the price of the full-sized jar. It doesn't do anything different than any other moisturizer. The smell is off-putting (I think it smells like a dog) but it eventually goes away.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lilyjules

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had such high "hopes" for this as it is such a cult product. However, I did not like it at all. I use mostly unscented products, so am used to not having makeup or lotions that smell like flowers or lovely things (hello clinique!), however, the scent of this made me feel ill as it was SO strong and lingered. It also lingered on my hands despite washing them multiple times. The best I can describe it is similar to hair dye in a salon. My eyes also started burning and tearing after I put it on my face, and I did NOT put the cream anywhere near my eyes! I had to flush them out. Not sure what caused this but haven't experienced that before... The consistency was strange (gel? cream? lotion?), but that isn't really an issue just something I wasn't expecting. Once the cream sank into my face (took about 30 min's) it felt lovely though. Shame about the burning eyes and scent :(.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Riknows

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After seeing this as one of Oprah's "Favorite Things" I ran out immediately and bought the largest size. It was o.k.. Nothing special. I think there are much cheaper products sitting ion drug store shelves that work just as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by caligirl80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No hope here. Bought a travel size container at Sephora. I didn't mind the Lavender scent but some might. After using it for several weeks I found no difference on skin texture. No clarity, brightness, smoothness, nothing. Ill only use it at night as my face is oily and my makeup will melt off if I use it as a day cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As much as I loved the way it smelled and felt, there are so many less expensive options that do the same thing, if not more. It smelled somewhat like lavender and was very calming and felt great, not too thick and not too greasy. As a cheaper alternative, I'd recommend Sephora brand Instant Moisturizer which doesn't smell as nice (it's unscented but I still smell a little goodness in it) but works just as well and is 20 for a large can, which lasts me a long time with daily use. The same size of Hope in a Jar would probably cost me 50 or more.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by lizo4ka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm very glad I bought this in a smaller size, because I didn't like it much. The smell wasn't that bothersome to me, though it wasn't fabulous either. My real issue was that I did not like the way it covered. It took a lot of the moisturizer to cover my entire face. It wasn't too harsh on my extremely sensitive and acne prone skin, but it didn't seem to help it either.

Overall, it wasn't worth the money and I'll be looking for something else. Try it though, you may like it. By somehow it's reeeeeally popular... so you might be in the majority!