December 21, 2014 | 867 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Krystallulu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This powder foundation truly disappointed me. After reading all the good reviews on MUA, I decided to go buy it. I asked for a color match at ULTA and found that 'Honey' was my color. The powder seemed really nice when I tried it in the store, when the person applied it along my jaw line. I went home and applied it on my face using a fluffy powder brush and the sponge in the box to set my concealer underneath my eye for my severe dark circles. My under-eye area turned to this dark orange color instantly, yet the rest of my face looked fine with the powder on, the color blended pretty well on the rest of my face. It was really strange, I wondered if it was the concealer that's causing the problem. I was using Laura Geller's Real Deal Concealer.

So I did an experiment on my arm by putting different concealers on my skin, and then apply Benefit Hello Flawless Powder on top. All of the samples turned to the dark orange color I had seen earlier. I also tried to apply the powder on my skin first, then apply the concealer, the color change seemed darken less, but it was still showing a weird orange tone which made my skin looked strange. I have fair skin with yellow undertone, I was using Sephora's Mattifying Powder Foundation before I purchased benefit. The powder from Sephora didn't change color after I applied it on top of my concealer, but the coverage wasn't good enough for me. Although right now I have to go back to it since this powder isn't working for me for the area I needed coverage the most (dark circles :(!) I tried using the powder alone, without applying concealers, but it couldn't cover the dark circle entirely, I still looked like I didn't have enough sleep.

I am returning the powder. For those of you who found this to be your HG powder, well, you are lucky :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Cgoddard85

I bought this powder a few weeks ago from Ulta and loved it - even though I knew I was taking a risk, I have yet to find a mineral foundation that doesn't break out my skin...

I used this for about two weeks before the breakouts started. I stopped using this immediately and luckily there haven't been any new pimples but it will take some time for the ones that came up to heal.

I will say that I loved this foundation. It felt good on my skin, was easy to apply, and looked natural. It also really kept the shine down on my skin [ one of the first ingredients in Talc ]

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I'd try this based on the reviews. This goes on nice and your skin looks flawless but after only a few hours my face was oily. It slides right off. The powder also makes a huge mess and you lose so much of the product when using the brush. After 2 days of use I had 3 new pimples. It's is going back.I wouldn't recommend for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lane87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation powder goes on smoothly and blends really well. It doesn't break me out and doesn't turn me into a grease ball. I I can look a bit cakey on dry skin but if you moisturize before using it, that won't be a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the "How to Look the Best at Everything" kit in "Lite" at Sephora, and it came with a sample of several products, including this powder in "Me Vain? Champagne." The color was one or two shades too dark for my very pale, neutral/pink skin, so that was no good. It did, however, dust on beautifully, and a little went a long way. After dotting concealer (Boi-ing 01) over my significant redness and a couple scars, a few swipes of this made my face glowy, smooth, and even, without looking cakey. I really prefer the natural, low-maintainence makeup look and this did the trick. The only real cons (except for the color which is fixable by purchasing a lighter shade) the powdery nature and the lack of SPF. I have dry skin, and the powder did cling a little to some flakier patches. Not as badly as every other powder I've ever tried, though! I'm taking one lippie off for the price and no SPF. As great as this product is, it does seem a little on the expensive side. Reccommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup963

I really enjoy this product. I find it doesn't transfer easily and has quite good coverage without being cakey. Sucks that it's so expensive but i haven't found any other powder that does the job like this one. The packaging I also like because I've dropped it several times, oops, but it doesn't have a single crack, the brush and sponge that come with it are also quite useful if you have no other tools.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by bkbench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this powder for soem time. It goes on with a flat mon shaped bursh so you glide it on as opposed to brushing it on. It smoothes your skin and gives the appearance of smooth and prefect skin. However, it is very expensive (40.00). Not sure if it is definately worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Megzmuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first high end purchase of makeup and I have to say I'm in love! I have fairly oily skins and I find other brands will cake or simply slide off my skin. This compact is in an adorable handy little compact and rarely needs any touch ups. I can go all day and forget I'm even wearing makeup because it is so light. If you have clear, but oily skin this is an excellent product for you. Neat little tip, if you have oily skin and dry flakey skin at the same time, a little olive oil mixed with sugar will exfoliate and cure both problems while you wash before applying makeup. Just a handy tip. A makeup artist once told me this: that oil actually dissolves oil. So it is best if you have oily skin to use an oil based moisturizer apparently.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by goldneye

LOVE this powder. Its a powder that is almost like a foundation. All day staying power and covers great. (*Did buy a color that is too light but it works.)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Ckreger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this all by itself over moisturizer. Coverage is great, but not heavy at all. Pretty long lasting as well. I carry a compact with shine control powder for touch- ups and the combo lasts me all day.