August 21, 2014 | 1563 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by missidek

Ok, so over the years I've tried at least 30 different powders. I *really* wanted to like this one. BeneFit had been recommended to me by more than one person and I was lead to believe, though expensive, it was the best quality powder you could buy that would give you flawless "camera-ready" coverage. I WANTED to have found my dream powder but erm, I most definitely did not.

Now, I do understand that everyone's skin is different so therefore, individual people may turn different results but for me, it was NOT worth what I paid.
The pros would be that it goes on smoothly and I would say the colour matched my skin tone fairly well. As well, I've heard people claiming that it didn't give very good coverage but I actually thought it wasn't bad in that regard - not too light, not too heavy, imo.
But the cons - well, I'll start with the biggest, that is also, unfortunately, the most important in a powder, imo: it does not blend into your skin. AT ALL. There are two basic reasons I want a powder: 1) to set my liquid foundation and 2) to even out the skin tone a bit more. What I DON'T want is something that just sits on top of your skin all day long. I DON'T want one that you CAN SEE when you look in the mirror - even after it's had time to sink in! I've had cheaper drugstore brands that blend better than this one! Another con would be that it doesn't control oil like I was told it would. I was shiny about 2 hours after application and though I do have combination skin, it isn't insanely oily to the point where it wouldn't matter what powder I use. I've tried other brands that were much more effective for shine-control. Also, I found that it did cake in places.
Anyway, I'm certainly never re-purchasing this powder. I don't even want to finish using the one I've bought! It's over-priced for less-than-adequate quality. Not sure if this helps anyone, but I just thought I'd share my opinion.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by darlingvikki2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

new HG powder. this was one of my first higher end makeup purchases and i'm glad i did it. i bought this in Honey. i wear a light coat over urban decay naked skin foundation (5.0). i dont use too much of it because i have fairly good skin now.i'm not too sure how well this would work with someone with problematic skin but to someone with normal skin, it's seriously amazing! love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by cmariao

I have been using Hello Flawless for about over a year now and I love it because I am not a woman that likes too much makeup, I do love the soft clean finished look. I love this product but the cons that are making me change foundations are the lasting coverage, after only a couple of hours it looks like I have no foundation and just blush on. And the other is that is pretty pricey. Sucks because I have worn it for so long because I love how it looks when I first apply.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like that it comes with a sponge applicator. The coverage is very light. This cover-up cakes almost immediately on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by daniellejmckenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Great coverage
Comes with a brush AND sponge
Compact mirror
Can last for 6 mos to a year

Cons
Price
Shade variant for middle complexions is limited (I fall between hazelnut and amber)
I wished the colors for warm and neutral light skinned women were more varied
I bought it 3 times , I might buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by italiabaci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG of powder foundation, I have oily skin, very oily. This is the only powder that works for me. Wish it was cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The lack of coverage was a real let-down.
The GOOD: The colour match was excellent, the packaging is really cute (although not amazing quality) I like how it came with a brush and a sponge, although I didn't really use either. No breakouts or irritation.

The BAD: No matter what I did, this really didn't have much coverage - I would say light at most. It didn't have much staying power either. The powder broke when there was maybe 1/4 left which made it kind of unuseuable. Because the coverage was not there I used a lot and it really didn't last long, especially considering the price.

I would not rebuy, it was not what I was looking for. If you wanted light coverage or tough-ups this may be ok.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Mascarra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't usually wear make up, the most would be eyeliner and lipstick. So since I was getting older I figured it was time to try. I walked into Sephora asking for the best powder that would be the least of a hassle to use since I don't normally use make up. This is what they suggested. Now, I admit when I first used it, I instantly liked it (perhaps since I had never used make up before, so I was probably over excited...). After trying it and having them showing me how to apply it I purchased it at Sephora for $34 (doesn't include tax). After using this for over a year here is what I can tell you honestly about this product: The pros would be that you can achieve different levels of coverage depending on how you choose to apply it. You can achive medium to heavy coverage if you choose to a apply it with a sponge, lighter coverage with a brush. It is very easy to apply. The packaging is very nice and it lasts a long time depending on how often you use it, I mean I used mine everyday and I still had some left over after a year. Now for the cons, despite the coverage, it can get cakey on some people, it did on me. And in some instances it tends to melt off so I would need to reapply often. It got to the point that I ended up purchasing the liquid foundation they have for this line and would apply that before the powder itself. While it did give me better coverage and made it look less oily, my skin felt heavy. Next con would be the price, considering the fact I had to end up buying a foundation to apply along with it, it just doesn't seem worth the money to me to be honest. I discovered products that cost less and work better with my skin. So all in all, if your skin works good alone with this then by all means stick with it cause it has SPF which is always good for the skin and it is convenient to get any type of coverage you want depending on application, but if not, there are better products out there I believe. I did not have a competely negative experience with this but it wasn't the the best for my skin so I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by tirawan

I've tried a lot of foundation powders before, and by far this is the best powder so far! It covers really extremeeely well, doesn't get oily after used for hours, cute packaging, got a brush and a sponge inside.

My skin in normal and fair-medium and the color "Honey" is perfect for me, highly recommended :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good product not great. It's lovely for setting your make-up but not much further unless you have naturally beautiful skin! I probably wouldn't buy this again because it's just your average powder.