October 2, 2014 | 1862 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Ckreger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this all by itself over moisturizer. Coverage is great, but not heavy at all. Pretty long lasting as well. I carry a compact with shine control powder for touch- ups and the combo lasts me all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by xKamilax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Im on my 3 one of these! This powder is simply AMAZING! I bought this with the foundation which I hated.. But I then decided to try the powder with a different foundation! I LOVE IT. It gives a Medium-Full coverage and its definitely build-able! I use the sponge because I find that if I use a brush I run out really really quickly! Its a very long lasting product on the face I do not get oily at all during the day! Dont need to touch up!
Im the shade Champagne

+ Long Lasting on the face
+ Medium- Full Coverage
+ The packaging is gorgeous
+ Sponge and Brush included with the powder

- The powder doesnt last long :( have to repurchase it
- Its a little pricey for the amount you get

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by paradisecircus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder worked really well for me. Personally, what I look for in a powder is decent coverage without looking dry or powdery, a nice texture and the right shade. In comparison to other powders I've tried, this one gives a good bit of coverage but the texture could be a bit finer. As an example, I really loved the texture of Cargo Blu Ray powder but none of their shades were quite right for me. However, to me the difference between the two powders is not too dramatic. Benefit's powder still has a nice velvety texture though. It's not too densely pressed so you pick up a good bit of product when applying, allowing for a medium coverage result. The downside to this would be that brushes kick up a lot of loose product. The thin brush included isn't very useful imo unless there's no other alternative. The insert included says to use the sponge for more coverage, the brush for light, natural coverage but I see no difference using the two. Also, I find that this powder works better as a coverage powder as opposed to one for shine or finishing. I wouldn't consider this very good for controlling oil/shine. For those needs, I prefer L'oreal True Match pressed powder. My application process is to apply all over on top of sunscreen with a big kubuki brush and then gently patting my skin with clean hands to minimize that powdered look or when I have it, lightly mist my face with a setting spray. For reference, I'm Asian with a light to medium skin tone, combo/dry, a little redness on the cheeks, some brown spots on cheekbones, purchased this powder in Petal.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by missidek

Ok, so over the years I've tried at least 30 different powders. I *really* wanted to like this one. BeneFit had been recommended to me by more than one person and I was lead to believe, though expensive, it was the best quality powder you could buy that would give you flawless "camera-ready" coverage. I WANTED to have found my dream powder but erm, I most definitely did not.

Now, I do understand that everyone's skin is different so therefore, individual people may turn different results but for me, it was NOT worth what I paid.
The pros would be that it goes on smoothly and I would say the colour matched my skin tone fairly well. As well, I've heard people claiming that it didn't give very good coverage but I actually thought it wasn't bad in that regard - not too light, not too heavy, imo.
But the cons - well, I'll start with the biggest, that is also, unfortunately, the most important in a powder, imo: it does not blend into your skin. AT ALL. There are two basic reasons I want a powder: 1) to set my liquid foundation and 2) to even out the skin tone a bit more. What I DON'T want is something that just sits on top of your skin all day long. I DON'T want one that you CAN SEE when you look in the mirror - even after it's had time to sink in! I've had cheaper drugstore brands that blend better than this one! Another con would be that it doesn't control oil like I was told it would. I was shiny about 2 hours after application and though I do have combination skin, it isn't insanely oily to the point where it wouldn't matter what powder I use. I've tried other brands that were much more effective for shine-control. Also, I found that it did cake in places.
Anyway, I'm certainly never re-purchasing this powder. I don't even want to finish using the one I've bought! It's over-priced for less-than-adequate quality. Not sure if this helps anyone, but I just thought I'd share my opinion.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by darlingvikki2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

new HG powder. this was one of my first higher end makeup purchases and i'm glad i did it. i bought this in Honey. i wear a light coat over urban decay naked skin foundation (5.0). i dont use too much of it because i have fairly good skin now.i'm not too sure how well this would work with someone with problematic skin but to someone with normal skin, it's seriously amazing! love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by cmariao

I have been using Hello Flawless for about over a year now and I love it because I am not a woman that likes too much makeup, I do love the soft clean finished look. I love this product but the cons that are making me change foundations are the lasting coverage, after only a couple of hours it looks like I have no foundation and just blush on. And the other is that is pretty pricey. Sucks because I have worn it for so long because I love how it looks when I first apply.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like that it comes with a sponge applicator. The coverage is very light. This cover-up cakes almost immediately on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by daniellejmckenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Great coverage
Comes with a brush AND sponge
Compact mirror
Can last for 6 mos to a year

Cons
Price
Shade variant for middle complexions is limited (I fall between hazelnut and amber)
I wished the colors for warm and neutral light skinned women were more varied
I bought it 3 times , I might buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by italiabaci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG of powder foundation, I have oily skin, very oily. This is the only powder that works for me. Wish it was cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The lack of coverage was a real let-down.
The GOOD: The colour match was excellent, the packaging is really cute (although not amazing quality) I like how it came with a brush and a sponge, although I didn't really use either. No breakouts or irritation.

The BAD: No matter what I did, this really didn't have much coverage - I would say light at most. It didn't have much staying power either. The powder broke when there was maybe 1/4 left which made it kind of unuseuable. Because the coverage was not there I used a lot and it really didn't last long, especially considering the price.

I would not rebuy, it was not what I was looking for. If you wanted light coverage or tough-ups this may be ok.