July 31, 2014 | 1095 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like that it comes with a sponge applicator. The coverage is very light. This cover-up cakes almost immediately on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by daniellejmckenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Great coverage
Comes with a brush AND sponge
Compact mirror
Can last for 6 mos to a year

Cons
Price
Shade variant for middle complexions is limited (I fall between hazelnut and amber)
I wished the colors for warm and neutral light skinned women were more varied
I bought it 3 times , I might buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by italiabaci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG of powder foundation, I have oily skin, very oily. This is the only powder that works for me. Wish it was cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The lack of coverage was a real let-down.
The GOOD: The colour match was excellent, the packaging is really cute (although not amazing quality) I like how it came with a brush and a sponge, although I didn't really use either. No breakouts or irritation.

The BAD: No matter what I did, this really didn't have much coverage - I would say light at most. It didn't have much staying power either. The powder broke when there was maybe 1/4 left which made it kind of unuseuable. Because the coverage was not there I used a lot and it really didn't last long, especially considering the price.

I would not rebuy, it was not what I was looking for. If you wanted light coverage or tough-ups this may be ok.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Mascarra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't usually wear make up, the most would be eyeliner and lipstick. So since I was getting older I figured it was time to try. I walked into Sephora asking for the best powder that would be the least of a hassle to use since I don't normally use make up. This is what they suggested. Now, I admit when I first used it, I instantly liked it (perhaps since I had never used make up before, so I was probably over excited...). After trying it and having them showing me how to apply it I purchased it at Sephora for $34 (doesn't include tax). After using this for over a year here is what I can tell you honestly about this product: The pros would be that you can achieve different levels of coverage depending on how you choose to apply it. You can achive medium to heavy coverage if you choose to a apply it with a sponge, lighter coverage with a brush. It is very easy to apply. The packaging is very nice and it lasts a long time depending on how often you use it, I mean I used mine everyday and I still had some left over after a year. Now for the cons, despite the coverage, it can get cakey on some people, it did on me. And in some instances it tends to melt off so I would need to reapply often. It got to the point that I ended up purchasing the liquid foundation they have for this line and would apply that before the powder itself. While it did give me better coverage and made it look less oily, my skin felt heavy. Next con would be the price, considering the fact I had to end up buying a foundation to apply along with it, it just doesn't seem worth the money to me to be honest. I discovered products that cost less and work better with my skin. So all in all, if your skin works good alone with this then by all means stick with it cause it has SPF which is always good for the skin and it is convenient to get any type of coverage you want depending on application, but if not, there are better products out there I believe. I did not have a competely negative experience with this but it wasn't the the best for my skin so I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by tirawan

I've tried a lot of foundation powders before, and by far this is the best powder so far! It covers really extremeeely well, doesn't get oily after used for hours, cute packaging, got a brush and a sponge inside.

My skin in normal and fair-medium and the color "Honey" is perfect for me, highly recommended :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good product not great. It's lovely for setting your make-up but not much further unless you have naturally beautiful skin! I probably wouldn't buy this again because it's just your average powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by kvaldes2

Perfect powder for setting your foundation, it really smooths everything out and gives you an airbrushed look. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by MonMon44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No complaints I love this powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very very fair. I bought this in the lightest 'ivory' shade. It is a mineral foundation and the first I have ever used.

This shade matches my skin to perfection! Something few foundations can achieve. I use Avon Platinum serum and Avon's Magix with SPF, or Neutrogena moisturizer with SPF. I get the best results with one or both of the first two products. Using a flat topped brush to apply and an eco tools big bronzing brush to blend, I get a perfect no shine, all day, my skin is perfect look. What's more, my skin looks natural and perfect in bright sunlight, inside a mall, or around the house. It feels like I am wearing no makeup which is a huge plus. Can't feel it, can't 'see' it, only wonderful skin.

So, it's the best BUT the price!!! It's expensive and there is no getting around it. More expensive than Jane Iredale? I don't know. For every day I will stick to Physician's Formula powder, Benefit Porfessional sometimes and keep Hello Flawless for when I'm out all day, travelling and so forth. I will repurchase and choke on the price.

The packaging is .... okay. A bit hard to open but the little sponge and brush it comes with come in handy when on the go. I gave it a 4 out of 5 on the packaging and 5 on everything else.

EDIT:
I have been using this daily and applying with a fan brush. Picks up just a little product and lightly applies it all over. Very quick and easy way for a completely natural look. This is a product that can look flawlessly natural or very polished or full-on made up depending on what brush you use to apply it with but always covers redness, evens out skin tone and gives me a poreless, peaches and cream complexion. I have been using it for awhile now and it has become my favorite foundation/powder ever.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No