October 30, 2014 | 1478 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Clinique's supermoisture for the Winter as my skin tends to be super dry and tired, and I have LOVED it.

As summer is approaching, I decided I'd need a foundation that wasn't as oily as they tend to slide off in the heat. Seeing as I loved supermoisture so much, I went straight to the Clinique counter and asked for a less-oily foundation that was still suitable for dry skin.

They gave me even better makeup. The foundation is good, but not awesome (definitely don't like it as much as super moisture).

COVERAGE:
THe foundation is supposedly 'full coverage' but I really think it's more medium, but perhaps it would be approaching full if you builded it. If you put a light coat of this foundation, it really looks like you're not wearing makeup at all, very natural. Which I love.

COLOUR:
the shade range is very limited. Alabaster (the lightest shade) is almost an exact match for my skin. This is a bit of a worry because while I am pale, I am not porcelain. So if you have really pale skin, I don't think this foundation is for you, as there is not a light enough colour.

TEXTURE:
Okay. Pretty easy to blend.

FINISH:
When I applied it to my DRY skin without moisturising or priming beforehand, the finish was pretty matte. (And it emphasised my dry patches..eugh). If I moisturise beforehand it gives a satin finish.

LASTING POWER:
In this spring weather it lasts 7+ hours, just like the supermoisture. With primer and powder to set.

A FEW EXTRA NOTES:
- if you have dry skin, you MUST moisturise before applying this. When I didn't I found that my face was sort of irritated/stingy from being too dry, if that makes sense. But it was fine when I moisturised before applying.

- on hotter days I have found this to get a little shiny, even on my dry skin. therefore I would not recommend to people with oily skin.

- seems to emphasise pores after a few hours of wear...my pores are usually very inconspicuous but after wearing this for a few hours you can see them when up close.

To summarise:

PROS:
- can be natural looking
- pretty easy to blend
- pretty long wearing

CONS:
- not the best for VERY dry skin
- would not recommend for oily skin
- reasonably expensive
- settles into pores
- limited colour range

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Meryum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation I believed would aid my dry skin as the lady at the counter claimed when I apply it in the morning my skin looks amazing however after three hours my skin looks horrible and flaky a lot more worse then my face would look without foundation will be throwing it in the bin and. Sticking to my Estée Lauder foundation upon my next purchase. If you have dry skin like me please don't buy this its a waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Chocolateness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG foundation! This is the only foundation that suits my acne-prone face, it does not make my face flaky like other foundations. I take the shade 05 which is alwys out of stock! However it suits me well and it covers my acne scars. The only problem i have is with the packaging as it makes a mess if it gets runny! It gives a bright shine to my face which looks natural, and i would definitely reccommend it to acne-prone skin types as the coverage is medium to full if u build up layers, and it doesnt feel heavy at all! Im using my second bottle and i just Loveee it and i will keep repurchasing it ovrr and over again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by kristynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This makeup made my skin look really dry and I had a clinique sales associate pick a shade and it looked okay but I really should not have bought it. Didn't like the shade and it also made my face feel weird. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by cliniquegirl07

I tried the MAC studio fix fluid foundation and it made me breakout and it was very heavy on my skin so my friend suggested that i try clinique even better foundation. This is now my go to foundation and I've been using it for a while. It always looks extremely natural and the linen shade is a perfect colour match for my skin. As a teenager my skin is prone to acne and this foundation doesn't make me breakout at all! The coverage of this product is great and covers all of my imperfections (I use this with clinique blended face powder in the shade 20 invisible blend), also it doesn't feel heavy on my skin. The only down fall of this product is the packaging as the squeezable plastic bottle doesn't allow you to use up all of the product. The product is affordable compared to brands such as chanel and is definitely on the same level of quality, if not better! I definitely recommend that you buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by saskiaxo

I've been using this foundation for a full year, and have bought 3 bottles of this stuff!
What I love about this foundation is that it always looks natural, never cakey yet off great medium coverage that can be built! It blends effortlessly to create a finish that lies between dewy and satin- so very wearable and flattering. It covers almost all the blemishes on my problematic skin, I only have to touch up with concealer on anything major. It is great on my normal/combination skin, and does not accentuate my dry patches- so is a beautiful wear.
The packaging is okay, it is a squeezy bottle which I often have to cut open to get the remainders of the product. I think this would honestly suit every skin type, except extremely oily and extremely dry.
Unfortunately, the colour range leaves much to be desired, I'm the fairest shade and one of the only two yellow toned shades. So you really need to go to the counter to be matched.
Although I may branch out with my foundations, this will remain in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by DJohn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great foundation!

I have dry skin, and it helps to moisturize my skin and hide the flaky bits much better than other foundations.
It goes on well with your finger tips and it and the bottle lasts forever!

I would certainly buy this foundation again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by disigney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this foundation from Macy's and have been using it for about two months now. A little goes a very long way with this foundation which is great because you won't run out as quickly. I used multiple brushes to apply this foundation and found that none really worked for me. I found that using my fingers applied this the best.

It has great coverage and has a very nice finish when you first apply it. However, I wouldn't recommend this to someone who has oily skin such as myself. Even with a primer and being set with powder, it still wore off and was shiny in less than an hour.

So, all in all, it's a great product! It just didn't work out for me. I can definitely see this working for someone who has less oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Hannahdahne

I love this makeup! Very good coverage. Reasonable price. It feels good on your skin, unlike many that are too thick and you feel the makeup. Your not supposed to feel your makeup on your skin and if you do your probably wearing too much or bad foundation. This product is amazing especially paired with the "almost powder".

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by SeasideMel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this foundation at Sephora after an SA color matched my skin. They now have a device which "reads" your skin and assigns you a skin tone number, somewhat like Mac's matching, but Sephora's system matches you with every foundation they sell, and then emails you your shade in each foundation. The clerk offered me a sample of the Clinique foundation in Golden Neutral. I liked the coverage, but didn't wear it long. I have to warn you that Golden Neutral is VERY YELLOW!! Way too yellow to look healthy on most people. I'm not joking when I tell you I actually looked jaundiced. So this is just a heads up, unless you have extremely yellow undertones, don't buy this shade!