July 24, 2014 | 2051 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by minni4bebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG, I LOVE THIS. I had been using NARS Sheer glow but as an NC40, found Barcelona a tad to light and Syracuse was to orange. I loved the finish but as I tanned, I just couldn't use it anymore. So I saw the reviews for this and saw people compared it to NARS. I ran out and purchased the darkest shade (tan). It's perfect! It provides perfect coverage and lasts all day. A perfect example, I moved yesterday in blistering heat. I was sweating all day and I still had a perfect face at the end of the night! Def recommend. Only gripe....no pump. Shouldn't cosmetics companies know better by now?

EDIT: Ok, so i loved this stuff.. loved it. but by the time i got halfway thru the bottle, it started to suck. My skin was like an oil spill and hr after applying it. Even with a blot pwder and primer. It would slide right off. I LOVED the finish but had to give it up. I ended up w/ estee lauder double wear light. much better =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by shadoweloc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this makeup. I read somewhere that it was a good dupe for Nars Sheer Glow, so I thought I would give it a shot. When did drugstore foundations become so pricey? This was around $13, but it was worth it. The shade selection is better than NARS, IMO, because NARS foundations are too yellow based. My skin looked great, but I don't think it will work in the summer. The dewy-ness translates to oiliness in the summer, plus it doesn't last very long, even with a primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation. I have been using mineral foundations for the past few years and since then I have not been too fond of liquid foundations. That being said, this foundation is probably my favorite in all of the liquid ones I have used before. I do wish this had a pump. I use a face primer and put setting powder overtop and it lasts a good amount of time for me. I really love the satin finish. It looks like healthy skin and not oily on me. Also, it does not look cakey at all. I have it in 03 buff and it is a great color match. I realize that foundation is sort of a personal preference and nothing is going to work for everyone, but I really like this and would recommend it to friends :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by SarcasmCynical

As someone who is very, very, pale, it's been hard to find a foundation that isn't PINK!!! This is the only one I've found that is a nice blend of yellow and a little pink that makes it look natural. Because I have an oily t-zone the staying power is only mediocre, but it's better than some of the substantially more expensive foundations I've tried. With a little powder on top, it's perfect. I only wish that it would stay on a little better :/ .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lately I've been finding myself constantly changing foundation formulations. The weather in the east coast is unpredictable, annoyingly hot one day, rainy and cold the next day. My skin has been playing tricks on me due to this, going from normal, oily, dry to random combination of everything :( I have always been an oil slick type of gal and have a ton of oil-free, sweat/budge proof foundations that don't work well on my dry skin days. I've been mixing a few of my MAC foundations, but I found it to be too much work and went on a hunt for foundation reviews for dry skin. This Neutrogena Healthy Skin had a ton of raves so I added it to my buy-list.

From reading the reviews here and others on google, I went with the natural beige #60. I'm between a NC25-NC30 in MAC and many reviews recommended this shade. When I went out to get my shade, several of my local drugstores had sold out of natural beige #60 and several others (lighter shades from #60 as well). I got lucky when I went to one Target, they had one natural beige left! I was a bit hesitant to buy the bottle at first because 1) was the last bottle 2) it was not sealed - I hate companies who do not seal their bottles, it's an invitation for finger dipping swatch tester customers *cringe* The rave reviews won me over so I got it anyway lol.

First thing I hated about this product was the packaging - no pump! I tend to shake all water-based foundations, when I shook this one with the cap tightly closed it exploded all over my vanity once I opened it. It was the most annoying clean up I've ever had with a foundation and wasted so much time :/ Even though the cap was tightly closed, the way the cap is designed it will ooze out on the corners of the bottle opening. So now I don't shake it up and down, instead I shake it left and right, very odd I know but it works. The foundation is quiet runny, a lot runnier than my MAC face & body. It also dries a lot faster and when I had it on the back of my hand, it had soaked into my skin a lot faster than I can apply it. To avoid messy clean up and quick drying, I use a pre-moistened sponge, pour it on the sponge and use the sponge as my palette. Since it's pre-moistened the sponge does not soak it all up. I simply squeeze the sponge and tap my brush on my sponge palette, this is the best way I've found when dealing with foundations without pumps.

The foundation has sort of a fresh cleanser like smell to it. Since it is runny blending is great. It really does give a very nice natural skin finish, but it looks terrible on my acne. It covers redness very well, but does not cover dark acne scars so a good concealer is still needed. If you're like me and have cystic acne on it's healing stage, I do not recommend putting this on top. It made my cystic so dry (even with Evian spray), flaky and it made the texture appearance worse! I was really hoping this foundation would be able to handle acne well and conceal since it was Neutrogena. The only good point is that it did not break me out more.

While I was willing to deal with my acne appearance using this foundation, the finish and how well it worked on my dry skin days I was almost sold. The more I wore it, the more I noticed how it oxidized!!! Only a few reviewers stated this while others swore it doesn't oxidizes. When I apply it at home it matches me perfectly and this is without setting powder since my skin is dry at the moment. About 30 minutes (while still in the house) waiting around for my husband I notice before we head out the door, my face suddenly looks so much darker!!! At first I thought I got lighter, but all my MAC and other drugstore foundations still matched me when I wore them in different days after this. Since my local stores are pretty much sold out of every shade, there is no way for me to test lighter shades. Before giving up on this foundation I tested it one last time. This time applying only a very thin layer. When I came home from the theater and mall, I looked in the mirror with a tanned out face and neck! It was so dark my husband called me 'Snooki' D: lol!

The foundation is decent overall, but with so many flaws from the packaging to the acne appearance with it on, the oxidation is just a BIG turn off! I saw a girl on youtube NC40+ wearing the same shade I purchased. I know if I went on another hunt for a way lighter shade this would probably work out, but I don't want to go through all that trouble. Plus I have a problem returning used makeup so this is going either in my never use again makeup stash or trash if I don't get tanner this summer.

$11.99 at Target, color selection in my area is slim (tons of sold out shades). If you are the same MAC shade as me, do buy lighter shades besides natural beige 60 especially if you can get a BOGO in your local drugstore. I've worn this with so many different primers from MAC, Smashbox etc and this stuff still oxidized :'( Staying power is decent, but not transfer/rub proof. Doesn't sit on my fine lines which is always a plus.

UPDATE 5/20/10: I found a local store that carries all shades, but sadly all lighter shades except the lightest one all have pink undertones :( I have yellow undertones so this foundation is a big no go for me since I can't even get a lighter shade and my shade natural beige 60 oxidizes. Changed my rating from 2 lippies to 1.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by mfel8055

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation has been compared to Nars sheer glow by many. I do find them to be quite similar... which is why I don't like it. I WANT to like it, but it just isn't suitable for my skin. If you have dry skin, this is more than likely going to be patchy on you, like the Nars. The finish is gorgeous. The problem, though, is that no matter how I cleanse, moisturize, or prime, my skin is simply too dry to deal with this kind of foundation. After only a few hours I start to notice dry patches of color - it looks horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Neutrogena, you have impressed me with this foundation. While I am generally unimpressed with Neutrogena's formulations, this formula of foundation proved to be worth keeping around. I wore this foundation for a couple weeks before I actually decided to make any assessments, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the color, the coverage, and the way the foundation held up throughout the day. The color was pretty neutral, which I think will suit most people except for maybe individuals with more olive tones. The coverage is medium, and it has a finish that is what I would consider a luminous matte. I have dry skin, and this definitely needed a bit more moisture underneath it for it not to leave me looking dry, but that's describing almost every formula of foundation that isn't deemed moisturizing for my skin. I also noticed that some retailers have more shades of this than other retailers, so don't be quick to dismiss them not having a match for your skin. This foundation lasted 8+ hours on my skin, so I'm going to say that this one is at least worth trying. The only huge downfall to this product is a lack of practical packaging. Pumps are your friends, cosmetics companies!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Taylorbryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate foundation, and never used it until recently. I've also never found a tinted moisturizer that looked anything but waxy. This usually comes from the fact that I have alot of freckles, and they always looked so bizarre under foundation, tinted or otherwise.
For some weird reason, I decided to try this and mix a dollop with a few pumps of facial lotion. And hey, it really worked! It comes out dewy and really evens me out. It does take a while to blend evenly and set completely, and I usually use some translucent powder on my t-zone. But this is easily the best looking results i've ever had with a foundation. And, it doesn't drown out my freckles!
Lately, i've been mixing in the revlon Spa skinlights (is that what the re-issued product is called?) with the lotion and foundation for some shimmer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The color was really good, I got the lightest shade available. But to me this is like CG clean makeup. It doesn't really offer anything to me. It looks great when I first put it on, and then in about an hour it's all over the place, greasy, smudgey...gross looking in general. 100% no staying power. No breakouts which is good, but for me this is just useless. I keep trying it to see if it'll work, but it never does. It actually makes me look worse than I would without makeup. :( But, if you want a really simple, basic foundation, try it (or try CG clean, its practically identical in formula and wear).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by kizzia52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, after seeing all the hype on youtube I just had to have this. Even though it cost me way more than it should have since I had to buy it online (it's not available in Canada), I am very happy I did.

I normally really don't like liquid foundation. I have tried so many and had just given up on finding anything that worked for me. I usually find them too heavy, and they NEVER match my skin. Even the "amazing" MUFE HD didn't have a match for me.

But...I totally love this stuff! I use classic ivory 10 and it is the first liquid that has ever matched my skin (neutral with slight golden tones). It isn't really high coverage but I don't mind that because it just feels like I'm wearing nothing and makes my skin look great. If I need some extra coverage I can always use concealer. The only problem I have with this foundation is that it doesn't have much staying power. I always use a setting powder but it is best to use a primer. I use milk of magnesia and it makes it stay on all day.

I will be stocking up on this for sure when I am in the US!