October 25, 2014 | 893 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy Airbrush Spray Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I tried this after reading all the rave reviews. I have to say I had a hard time even finding this stuff. Just when I had given up I was able to snag the last one on the shelf at the CVS. I tried this in Deep and the color suited me perfectly. I applied to the back of my hand and used a sponge to apply to my face. After a couple of minutes it settled in nicely. This was a heavier look than usual for my daytime face. So I would probably reserve this for evening or special occasion wear. Finish was flawless even at the end of the day so I was quite impressed. But with all the chemical used to propel it out of the can I am afraid of breakouts with everyday use. Probably would not repurchase because this will last a l-o-n-g, l-o-n-g time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOOOOVE everything about this other than the can running out pretty fast lol. This goes on amazing with a synthetic brush (like my Mac 169). I definitely feel like you use less product and it applies lighter than regular foundation which is a plus for people who don't need heavy application like me. Doesn't clog skin or make you shiny, the color range is very good and accurate, and its super cheap. This is a complete dupe of Dior Airflash for me which I hated. I was going to suck it up and shell out the $60 a bottle for the Dior Airflash Spray Foundation as I expected the quality to be amazing, well I was wrong and glad I tested it out as by the end of the day and in lights I looked like an orange tinted oompah loompah on my face compared to my chest and neck, and I used the lightest shade lol! This Carmindy on the other hand is 5 times less the cost and actually has good colors and amazing quality so glad I found this dupe. I just really wish spray foundations lasted longer as I imagioned they would but somehow they run out pretty fast as they arent emolliant as I thought they would be and do take a few spray to cover your face since it dries pretty fast. Saving this for the nights out/special occasions and not daily use! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by MAKNYHIN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product. i use the medium/dark shade since i can get dark super quick in the summer time. its defiantly my summer must have foundation when i want that dewy, glistening, lightweight, sun kiss bronze goddess complexion i love.

i apply it with a cosmetic wedge sponge. let it sit for a minute or too to dry a bit. then very lightly dust powder over my t-zone(forehead, nose, cheeks, chin) to tone down the shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by CarlyCarly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HAD to write a review for this product. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT !! I am using the airbrush makeup insired by Carmindy. I spray a light coat on in a Z motion...then the trick is to use a MAC stippler brush and just keep stippling away. Then it I feel it's to light or for a more dramatic look I will spray the product right on to my Mac stippling brush and just stipple away again. It only takes like 5 minutes. It looks so good that I don't even use my face poweder anymore. Bad thing about this product is that it's VERY tuff to find !! I got lucky my frist time...I walked into my local CVS and there it was. Another bad thing is that everyone opens them !! ugh !! When I go to CVS there is only like about 2 bottles left. I tell you girls if they had 200 bottles sitting on the shelf, I'd buy them all !!!!!!!!!!! I'm a medium gal, but I found that the light to medium looks wonderful and blends well with my neck. Try it. !!! I love it !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by mesosexy

I so sad:( I really loved this foundation at first but eventually it made me broke out! I had like two big blemish on my forehead! It look awhile for me to figure out wat did. So I did stop using it and my face totally cleared and now I'm using the Vichy dermablend and it's working wonders! I love it's better than this foundation! So I would not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Carys

I was one of those who couldn't use Carmindy's original liquid foundation because it turned my face into an oily mess by midday. This new foundation, however, is for us oilier girls. This spray has replaced Dior's Airflash as my staple foundation. I prefer it to the Dior and ERA spray foundations, since it leaves a supple, velvety finish that the other two don't deliver. (I have a theory about the different finish: the others were designed with people who like to spray foundation directly on the face in mind, while this one was designed to be applied with a tool.) This review will, for the most part, address how well the foundation sits on combination/oily skin.
Color:
I'm NC-40-ish and Asian, and I was able to find a good match with the shades medium and medium-to-deep. My chin area and jaw line is darker than my cheeks, nose, and forehead, so I use medium-to-deep on my chin and jaw, then switch to medium for the rest of my face. It may sound time-consuming, but the foundation applies quickly since the formula is thin (almost watery). The two colors blend seamlessly and leave a velvet-like, sheer finish that is dry without being matte. (Note: I purchase my medium shade at my local Rite Aid, but they only carry light, medium, and deep. For the in-between shades like fair, medium-to-deep, etc., I have to go Ulta to find them.)
Coverage:
I would say that this product delivers sheer-to-medium coverage. If you want something really heavy duty, I would probably look into something else with heavier coverage. My skin even-toned and smooth--however, I do have some dark spots from playing with blemishes on my cheeks and chin, and this airspray foundation evens out my skin color.
Application:
This foundation was designed to be applied with a tool and not directly onto the skin. I like the finish of this foundation when applied with either a sponge or a brush, but I prefer sponges because they make the application go faster. Also, I don't mind having to apply this stuff with tools, because I already used brushes and sponges to apply my Dior and ERA spray foundations (which, funny enough, I started to do at the behest of a Dior artist who considered spraying directly onto the face a waste of product--using tools gives better control, also). I can see how some people have complained about streaking, but that is really only the case when it's first applied and it blends out quickly. As long as you don't need heavier coverage, it shouldn't be a problem. If you do need heavier coverage and still want to use spray foundation, I would consider another brand, as I wouldn't advocate building coverage with this stuff.
Lasting power:
Spray foundations are the only ones that stand up to my oily t-zone when paired with an oily-absorbing powder, like MAC's blot powder, and this one is no exception. (Carmindy herself advocated spray foundation for oily skin on a recent episode of 'What Not to Wear,' so we're on the same page regarding that point.) The light, watery formula delivers color without as much filler as traditional liquids and creams, so the color stays put longer and doesn't trigger any oil slicks. I do not know how well it stays on the skin without powder, however, since I always apply an oil-absorbing powder on top of my spray foundation. This foundation combined with some oil-absorbing pressed powder stays put throughout my 16-hour days with the help of the occasional blot or two using blotting paper. (Side note: If you're oily, check out my Stila #21 cheek/contour brush review for tips on powder application.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product...but it failed me. It has pretty much NO coverage at all. I literally put layer after layer after layer on my face and there was no color pay off. The smell is better than the Salley Hansen airbrush foundation, but that's the only good thing about this. It was quite expensive as well, not too mention that you have to blend it really well, or else it looks orange. Major loss. Maybe the liquid foundation from this line will be better.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by black_bomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This did not work well for me at all. The coverage is awful, the spray gets everywhere, and made me look very orange. It would be much better if the had a broader range of colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ut0pia88

I wasn't impressed at all with this foundation. It has very minimal coverage and it's so hard to apply. I like to apply foundation by dotting areas on my face then spreading with a brush. With this, it's impossible to do it that way and too much of the spray goes to waste, combine that with the tiny can that it comes with anyway and it sucks because you pay for so little product. And it's not cheap either.The biggest problem was for me though, the coverage that was so light!! I have some acne scars and this did nothing for them. I used the light and it has some yellow/golden undertones which are great for me because I have pinkish areas but it wouldn't work for anyone with a different skin tone and there aren't that many shades so many people are simply out of luck with this....
The packaging- horrible, tiny bottle and incredibly hard to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Thao0226

I bought a medium color and that was much lighter than I had anticipated it to be. This felt like a greasy mess, I followed instructions exactly and even tried variations of it just for kicks. I couldnt get this to look good. Like the Carmindy Your Skin foundation, this made me look shiny and not the good kind of dewy despite having powder over my face. Wouldn't buy this again, this went back to the store. It's unfortnate that you cant gauge how goood of a match you will get before purchasing.