November 28, 2014 | 1030 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by sugarlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product stung on application. The felt tip was very rough and coarse so imagine applying that to your eyes. When trying to apply it, it didn't glide across the lids like good eyeliners should. The color was not super pigmented either.

For the eyes, since they're much more sensitive than the rest of the face, it's probably better to opt for a more expensive brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

i dont know why this is getting so many bad reviews
i love this eye pen its great for those who cant do eyeliner with liquid brushes
this is so easy for me to get a nice smooth line and create a wing with
its not dry it doesnt skip and has great color pay off what more could you want? plus it lasts all night!
i will for sure repurchase this over and over!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by tswizzle2102

I got my eyeliner in the brown shade.... i dont like it at all, it just is a really bad eyeliner... The color barely shows up, kind of hard to control, it wipes of SO easily. It just is not good, i dont like anything about it, if i were you dont get the brown... I havent tried the black and i am not planning to.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by vneff

I bought this product without reading any reviews. I love most of the colorstay products. This one totally sucks. It is so light, it goes on streaky, light and dark, if I go over it, It will remove some of what is on and move it or remove it. Can't get a decent line, I am so disappointed. Was hoping this could be my HG eye liner pen. WRONG, I think it is the worst I've ever bought, I'm an eyeliner junkie.
Save your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Kinna

Watery, no where near the colour it said, and 0 lasting power. Save your money and don't buy this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this with the Almay eyeliner for a couple of years. At the time being, I really enjoyed this eyeliner and did what it was supposed to do. My only qualm was that it wasn't too waterproof. If tears started pricking at my eyes the eyeliner would come off.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahmcqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a pen liner and bought this without reading reviews. What a waste of money. It has zero staying power, and the color is practically transparent - it also smudges off if you go over it more than once. Bought the L'oreal Super Liner pen as a replacement which is AMAZING. Definitely recommend that if you're looking for a pen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Not a fan. I love eyeliner and use it everyday. The tip on this is not very fine, the color is not intense and it feathers if you go over a line and removes the previous line. You have to work a lot at it to get it to give the look you want.

I have Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner which is awesome and almost finished, I did not want to spend $22 on it again and have been looking for a cheaper alternative as a dupe. Also tried, black opal fine tipped liquid liner ($4), which was horrible.

Found gold with the new Milani Eye Tech Extreme! Perfect dupe for Smashbox one and about $8. LOVE IT.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by alliegv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would more accurately rate this at a 2.5 if I could, but I'm being generous.
I have been buying this to line my top lid, and it works decently. However, it's kind of impossible to use this under the eye. It doesn't show up too well and smudges everywhere. I will stick to using this for the top lid until I can find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Kalarin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not what I wanted, but not bad enough to throw away or return

PROS:
Very easy to apply pen
Easy to remove
Stays fairly put once dried

CONS:
Black colour is more a translucent dark grey
Super firm felt tip means it doesn't flow with my eye and I have to go over spots it missed
Cap doesn't fit on the back of the pen

I don't hate this pen, but I definitely don't love it. The black colour is so watery and translucent that I have to layer it several times. It's good for daytime, everyday wear though since it isn't too dark. Even if you did like the colour though, you have to go over your line at least once as the firm felt tip jumps over the little creases along your eye, leaving gaps between colour. Layering it also causes it to take an extremely long time to dry and is quite prone to smudging then. It's decent after it's dried though, and comes off easily with just a little water. I won't be repurchasing however