October 2, 2014 | 1103 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by tswizzle2102

I got my eyeliner in the brown shade.... i dont like it at all, it just is a really bad eyeliner... The color barely shows up, kind of hard to control, it wipes of SO easily. It just is not good, i dont like anything about it, if i were you dont get the brown... I havent tried the black and i am not planning to.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by vneff

I bought this product without reading any reviews. I love most of the colorstay products. This one totally sucks. It is so light, it goes on streaky, light and dark, if I go over it, It will remove some of what is on and move it or remove it. Can't get a decent line, I am so disappointed. Was hoping this could be my HG eye liner pen. WRONG, I think it is the worst I've ever bought, I'm an eyeliner junkie.
Save your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Kinna

Watery, no where near the colour it said, and 0 lasting power. Save your money and don't buy this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this with the Almay eyeliner for a couple of years. At the time being, I really enjoyed this eyeliner and did what it was supposed to do. My only qualm was that it wasn't too waterproof. If tears started pricking at my eyes the eyeliner would come off.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahmcqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a pen liner and bought this without reading reviews. What a waste of money. It has zero staying power, and the color is practically transparent - it also smudges off if you go over it more than once. Bought the L'oreal Super Liner pen as a replacement which is AMAZING. Definitely recommend that if you're looking for a pen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Not a fan. I love eyeliner and use it everyday. The tip on this is not very fine, the color is not intense and it feathers if you go over a line and removes the previous line. You have to work a lot at it to get it to give the look you want.

I have Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner which is awesome and almost finished, I did not want to spend $22 on it again and have been looking for a cheaper alternative as a dupe. Also tried, black opal fine tipped liquid liner ($4), which was horrible.

Found gold with the new Milani Eye Tech Extreme! Perfect dupe for Smashbox one and about $8. LOVE IT.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by alliegv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would more accurately rate this at a 2.5 if I could, but I'm being generous.
I have been buying this to line my top lid, and it works decently. However, it's kind of impossible to use this under the eye. It doesn't show up too well and smudges everywhere. I will stick to using this for the top lid until I can find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Kalarin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not what I wanted, but not bad enough to throw away or return

PROS:
Very easy to apply pen
Easy to remove
Stays fairly put once dried

CONS:
Black colour is more a translucent dark grey
Super firm felt tip means it doesn't flow with my eye and I have to go over spots it missed
Cap doesn't fit on the back of the pen

I don't hate this pen, but I definitely don't love it. The black colour is so watery and translucent that I have to layer it several times. It's good for daytime, everyday wear though since it isn't too dark. Even if you did like the colour though, you have to go over your line at least once as the firm felt tip jumps over the little creases along your eye, leaving gaps between colour. Layering it also causes it to take an extremely long time to dry and is quite prone to smudging then. It's decent after it's dried though, and comes off easily with just a little water. I won't be repurchasing however

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ohgeebus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised how much people hated this product. I personally won't repurchase this, but I didn't hate it.
I love the Revlon ColorStay line. All their products are fabulous for my skin type. I use the ColorStay gel liner in purple when I go to work, and it stays on for the entire day.
Honestly, the faults I find with this pen are pretty minor. The staying power is phenomenal even without eye primer. However, the blackest black color is really thin. I have to go over the line several times to get a nice opaque black. This is an issue with me because I'm not a big fan of pen liner tips, and I have the tracing skills of a 5 year old. Those two issues combined lead to a very unprofessional application if I'm in a rush.
Overall, I just wouldn't repurchase this product because it's just a pretty average pen liner. Yes, I love the staying power, but it's not worth it I have to spend another ten extra minutes getting the color and shape I want.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I've repurchased this liner a few times and it is best used for thicker lines. The application is sturdy and easy to apply without smudging because it is not runny. Lasts forever and it is good for beginners at liquid liner. The staying power is awesome and lasts through my 8 hour shift no problem! It dries almost instantly, which is a plus for when you are in a hurry. I would probably repurchase again but I do not consider it HG because it is tricky to line thinly with it.