Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 1/6/2013 10:42:00 PM

I bought the blackened brown colour, and found it almost uselessly thin and watery. It is easy enough to use, but takes a significant number of strokes to get dark enough to have any impact.

on 1/1/2013 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't understand why its rating is so low - I actually really love this pen!
Learned how to use it and now can't live without it :) It's pigmented, goes on easily, keeps very well for many hours. In my opinion it's really good product and very affordable - couldn't find anything better for this price!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is my favorite black eyeliner ever, and one of my favorite eyeliners of all time along with my mac fluidline in dark diversion. there are many reviews from impatient people who say it's not pigmented enough, which is what I originally thought too. Most of them threw the eyeliner out after one or two uses and impressions. However, after using it for a little bit, the color became less watery and much more pigmented. the felt tip is easy to control and just the right thickness. I LOVE this product. Hope this helps :)

on 12/22/2012 11:17:00 PM

I'm surprised this one has more bad reviews than good. For me, it's one of the best eyeliners. The blackest black is dark enough. I really don't like fine tip pens. This is thicker and denser. And the color stays on till I remove it at night. I've tried the Japanese ones and they're expensive and isn't dark enough. I don't like using liquid liner cause it's messy and harder to get it on. The pen is easier to control. This is half the price of the Japanese brands I use. So I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/13/2012 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this! I picked it up on a whim, wanting a liquid eyeliner. I expected it to be nice, but I assumed that like most liquid eyeliners it would crease with my oily lids without a primer. BUT IT DIDN'T! I am amazed that this eyeliner has held up on my eyelids without a primer. YAY! This makes my life so much easier :) ... I hate using a primer just for days when I want to wear eyeliner.

It is also super easy to apply, and is very pigmented. I recommend that you store it upside-down so that the ink will be at the brush, then you don't have to shake it to get the ink :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

first impressions on this product was horrible. the formula was very watery, not "blackest black" as they claimed. for a drugstore eyeliner pen for about $10-12 CAD, this product did not deliver at all. Although I have had some luck with it after leaving it upside down overnight so more of the formula could trickle down to the tip, it worked a little bit, the formula is usable enough, but I still have to go over the line with another eyeliner just to make it as black and make it look as pigmented as I wanted it to be in the first place.

on 11/25/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in case if their other liquid liner didn't work out for me (see my review for that). When I used liquid liners in the past, I preferred the felt tip pens because I have no brush skills. Anyway, I've had a horrid experience with this product. It is not pigmented at all, and it's such a dry formula that it doesn't glide on smoothly. So, I couldn't layer the color even if I wanted to. If Revlon had a fail product, this would be it.

on 11/9/2012 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate this eyeliner. I like the packaging and tip but the product sucks. It takes forever to dry and when it does it still moves around everywhere. Regardless of if it is over a primer or not. Boo

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am surprised at how bad this eyeliner is. I bought brown and could not even see the line. It worked great on paper and terrible on my eyes. It does not even show up on my eyes. I threw it in the garbage on the same day that I bought it.

on 10/23/2012 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not pigmented, it smudges, and drys out too fast. The only good thing i could say about this is that it is very easy to apply, so if you r a beginner you can practice with this.