October 24, 2014 | 949 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Mfettig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started to use this after everything else didn't work, thinking maybe stress was the issue. Now, it works so well it is my HG. I also use on my back to clear it up and it is a miracle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I bought this instead of the power scrub by mistake! I thought 'No big deal. It's still the same stuff'. WRONG!
This helps clear up existing&pre-existing acnes but doesn't seem to prevent them from emerging.
Next time I go to Walmart, I'll be extra careful so I pick up the power scrub, not this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by hbelle21

Bought this after my cheekbones started flaring up and am totally unimpressed. Used it for months religiously and my acne never cleared up at all. Totally disappointed, had such high hopes for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by drdoodles

Before I start my review, I would like to say I do not have acne, but I have acne prone skin. I always on the look out for products especially facial cleansers that do not cause acne. I bought this product because the store did not have the usual Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control Foaming liquid wash. I decided to get this since they are in the same Acne Stress Control family. First off, I have to automatically deduct a star because this product has menthol. I don't understand this trend with putting menthol in facial cleansers. I hate that cool feeling and I can't imagine that menthol is good for the skin. I understand this product is in cream form, but damn, it is really really creamy. The little granules, do nothing in my opinion, and the cleaning aspect is ok. It did not cause me to break out and the smell is pleasant. I am not going to buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by minnie157

"Make acne one less stress" was the kind of optimistic, infomercial catch phrase that made a sucker like me purchase this particular cleanser. And sadly, like most infomercial products did keep its promise.
I used it religously for almost a month and, though i don't have acne prone skin, just a some tiny pimples scattered on my T-zone, it did nothing to improve my skin. Rather leaving it dry and flaky and disapointed, like waking up to an empty bed the morning after a one night stand.
Though some pimples DID become slightly smaller, but the amount time it took for this to happen makes me think it was just nature taking its course and the pimples going away naturally and NOT the cleanser.

The smell is bearable, a lot nicer than other acne cleansers and the exfoliating beads do what they're meant to... strip off dirt and oil which astoundingly made my skin feel refreshed and tingly!

Good buy? hardly.. Recommend? Not really, but Hey! maybe you'll have better luck

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by shenrikson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Hazel

For me, this cleanser was not strong enough. I was using the Pink Grapefruit scrub until my skin started drying out, I suppose due to the dry air in winter. I switched to this and for the first two weeks or so, my skin felt way more hydrated and my breakouts started clearing up. However, soon enough, my breakouts came back and worse than they had been in a long time and my skin felt way too oily. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with oily, acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by neonswedishfish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good at clearing up acne! It's especially helpful during PMS when (my) skin gets especially sensitive. However, combined with tanning it did dry my skin because it contains AHA. Other than that it is fantastic and a must-have!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by xosydneyheartsxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for a couple of days hoping to get good results. The only results I got were more acne AND a really really red face! I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by ironlotus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Good: It smells good and the beads serve as a decent exfoliator
The Bad: The product initially did a wondrous job of cleansing my face and provided a satisfying tingle to my face post-wash, but it gave me MAJOR break-outs when half the product was used. I waited until the break-outs went away and resumed to using it. It has kept my face semi-clear from then on but the tingling sensation has disappeared and it just feels as though it's not working as well as it did for me in the beginning.
Overall: I have chosen to not buy this product again because I feel that my search for a good cleanser should not end with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by TheSparklesGirl

This has pretty much been my regular cleanser for about a year. Its a lot better than many of the drugstore brands and it quite gentle compared to some other salicylic acid cleansers. In the beginning this was quite effective at clearing up my acne but now it has pretty much stopped working. It still cleans pretty well though and is good for its price, I think about 8-9 CDN. I really like the packaging and scent. Sometimes it makes my skin feel tight but I think I need to get a good moisturizer to counteract that.The name is quite funny though Acne "Stress" Control my foot!! I don't think this helps with stress related or hormonal acne at all! I like the gentleness of this cream cleanser though as opposed to a scrub or foaming cleanser.