December 21, 2014 | 1892 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by yungerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good coverage, color matches perfectly. My only thing is that this product creases like crazy. The consistency is a little thick (if that's the right term to use) and hard to blend but oh well...The packaging breaks easily, as the little glass part has fallen out and the whole lid has taken quite a beating. However, I do like the product itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by sillypots

I am using this concealer in NW20. I don't use this all over my face as I tend to be acne prone but this is my GO TO every day under eye concealer. It does wonders at hiding the shadows under my eyes.

I am early twenties but on a bad day I do get quite bad creases under the eye. I was weary that people said that this concealer was awful at exagerating those creases and boy were they right. BUT this is only true if you apply it straight to your under eye area. To combat this I use a really cheap primer (matte perfect from MUA) which smooths out the area and allows a flawless smooth application.

The price is high but you only need a small amount so it is welll worth splashing out on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by seristoff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okie. This is a super hard product to review because it does work well, but not exactly for what I was looking for.

For me, I have already found a concealer that works AMAZING for my acne, but I decided to branch out a little more.

This product is great great GREAT for covering small dark spots, redness, and light acne scarring.

But the main use I wanted from this product was to cover up my blemishes.

Even though this works EXTREMELY well for dark spots, redness and light acne scarring, it just isn't targeted for blemishes.

But because it worked extremely well for the dark spots, redness, and acne scarring, I will repurchase :)

A cheap and very good drugstore product that I keep coming back to for my concealer for blemishes is the Canmake Cover & Stretch Concealer UV Water Proof! So amazing, and a HG drugstore for concealing acne!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was looking for something to cover my red acne spots and some acne scars I have been left with.I wanted something that was light and didn't look and feel heavy.I didn't want to buy a foundation so I started searching for a concealer.Of course MAC was on the top of the list because it's the only brand that can match my super fair skin-I'm NC15 and it's the only place I can get a product that matches exactly my skintone.
I had heard about Studio finish concealer and many people I knew were also raving about it.I started searching on the internet and came across great reviews aswell.So long story short I decided to buy it.I was also thinking about getting Pro Longwear concealer but the reviews left me very skeptical also-a glass packaging?? that's a no no.
The mua matched me of course to NC15 because i wanted it for my face.I happened to go to MAC when they were having sales so I got it for 13euros instead of 18.At first the tiny tiny little pot surprised me-negatively because it's really very very small.I thought-yeah maybe it's going to last me 2 months.But the quantity you get...wow.I've been using it for almost a month 5-6 times a week and it looks like I haven't even touched it.
I swirl my finger in it to warm it up a little bit because yes it's very thick and then apply it to my face -patting it and pushing it into my skin.The smell is classic MAC face products-not bothersome.Once I apply it it disappears into my skin and it doesn't feel heavy at all.
It covers perfectly.really.anything-my red spots-my acne scars-bumps,redness.I was truly amazed at how flawless my face looked.The only bad thing about this concealer is that once you touch your face ,it spreads on your fingers-yes I know.It doesn't fade completely but be careful.you shouldn't touch your face anyway.On my very oily skin it lasts and lasts a lot of hours.Moreover,to the people who say that it is cakey you probably use way too much product and top with a lot of powder. I tried it and it does cake with lots of powder.However with a normal amount of dusting it looks amazing-flawless and natural.
Great stuff if you have skin issues.
hope it was helpful:) good luck:))
ps: Make sure you MOISTURIZE THOROUGHLY just before applying this.Otherwise you have to tug your skin and it doesn't apply that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by cjhalfthai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NW25 is my HG. :) I used to be a fan of concealers that were two shades lighter than my skin tone. (I'm an NC30 if this might help). But when I went to try MAC Studio Finish concealer, I was surprised that the saleslady recommended NW25. It was nothing like my old concealers and it looks a little beigy when applied against my skin. She said I'm gonna need that because it has color-correcting properties.

She was right, I loved the product so much! I realized I didn't need a concealer that would highlight my undereye to give it a lift. This was the right concealer and it hides my flaws in a natural manner, one that doesn't look overdone.

The packaging is also nice, it's a small compact that I can bring in my purse. But don't underestimate its size. Coz one compact can last me a year (I use it everyday).

Although this is a bit dry, I put on eyecream first then use my fingers to apply the concealer very very lightly. I can't live without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by yesimadancer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love LOVE this concealer. Totally worth the money. Will definitely repurchase. Some reviews say they find it cakes up or settles into fine lines. I dont have that at all. I use a little bit and just apply it with my fingers because I like how it looks. I use this for undereyes ( never creased before - ITS SO GREAT! ) and on blemishes. This stuff covers pretty much anything. If its not completely 100% covering, just add some powder and you're good to go.

I dont wear foundation daily, just concealer and powder and the coverage is good enough to not need anything more- for me at least.
If you're wondering whether or not to buy it, BUY IT! You wont regret it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by megraupach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This concealer had amazing pigmentation, which was perfect for covering all of my blemishes! It did look a little cakey if too much was put on and stuck to any dry, flaky bits of skin. I thought it was excellent until I realised that this concealer that I was using to cover my blemishes, was causing me to break out crazily. The pimples were increasing in the areas where I had concealed. I had very painful and inflamed acne. It was the worst my skin had ever been and since I stopped using it, my acne has subsided. The Mac Studio Fix Foundation also causes me to break out, unfortunately. This had the potential to be a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer works wonders to cover redness on my face and over blemishes. It's a very thick, pigmented, and full-coverage concealer. It does have SPF in it, but I like that since my skin is very pale and I burn easily.

I use and angled brush, the Sigma E65, to apply this concealer.

Although this product works well for hiding the redness on blemishes that I might have, this concealer is vert thick and settles into the lines around the blemish. It can be very distracting and unsightly. I use a very light hand when applying this to raised blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Annelindw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This concealer is great! I have NW15, which is a tiny bit too dark - but I still use it all the time. It is a concealer with great coverage! I use a brush to dab it onto trouble areas, which works very well. It can be a little dry, but I don't think it's that bad. This concealer can cover up almost anything I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Normally I don't like to use Mac concealers and foundations because they break me out like crazy. This one is an exception to the rule though.

It's easy to apply, not overly oily and it is not that difficult to find a colour that matches your skin tone. Another important aspect is the fact that this concealer does NOT cause break outs, at least in my case. I don't think it lasts that long but it hasn't completely disappeared after a few hours either. I like to use it to cover dark under eye circles but I agree with a previous reviewer that it may crease a little when used as an under eye concealer. The trick is to use a moisturizing eye cream and to avoid applying too much.