December 19, 2014 | 836 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved the color and the texture! It's a great lipstick at a great price, very pigmented, lasts a lot and suits my skin perfectly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this in a swap and it's GORGEOUS. I'm already in love. I just have to get up the guts to wear it outside, it's such a bold color. gorgeous blood redish shade, great matte finish just as promised, not too drying, I couldn't be happier with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by joanieisverynice

this is the first red lipstick I've ever tried, and I love it. it's a bit bright for me, maybe since I'm not used to wearing such a bold color. it seems almost fluorescent red on my tan Asian skin. I dab a bit of Revlon's Black Cherry lipstick over it to darken it up a little and tone down the brightness, and then it's a gorgeous, mature, true retro red that gives me instant confidence. I think the best way to wear it is with matching red nails and almost bare eyes, so the glamour factor goes off the charts. it goes on opaque and strong, and I love that it can survive eating/drinking and last all day without touch ups. this is a fabulous lipstick and I'm very glad to own it.
EDIT: this is definitely a compliment-getter and a head turner. my very conservative grandma and makeup saleslady aunt both agreed it was a beautiful non-screechy red. the first time I wore this in public I was about to fill out a job application, and I got hired on the spot without even filling out the application! it's a wonder what a classic, bold red lip can do!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by catseyes7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, LOVE this red. I have MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red but this is my absolute favourite. My go to red lipstick! Just bought Wet n Wild Stoplight Red so I'll see if this one beats that too :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by lovelylippie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I have fallen in love with a beauty product..for real. Like I cannot bear to live without it or even imagine running out of it. It drove me to look for backups and always dreading that it might be discontinued. Sadly, I fear it might be so, because its so much harder to find now. I finally found a store where they had only two tubes left and I bought both. Such a beautiful red. I call it my happy red because the color is so bright and cheerful. Goes with everything and all occasions. IN LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by tkwan96

A fabulous, absolutely gorgeous red! I am an NC25 and was looking for a true red with warmer undertones, no blue undertones at all. This was the perfect match! Great, creamy application with absolutely no tugging or seeping into the cracks of my lips. Looks best with a layer of lip balm underneath for soft looking, color rich lips-- but to truly get the matte look you should just exfoliate your lips then apply this on straight from the tube. This shade looks amazing in the tube and even better on your lips. I think this is one of the true lipstick gems that would go with every skin tone out there! Has no scent or no taste, but mine melted and shifted a bit after being left a hot car. Found mine for only $4.97 at a local Walmart. This is my second Revlon Matte lipstick, and they've easily become my favorite lipstick line. Will buy many backups of this, as this might be my only red lipstick for life!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Executey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first matte lipstick I have tried and I really love it! The colour is a perfect shade of red, not too warm or cool, and the lipstick goes on smoothly and stays a really long time. I can eat AND drink with this lipstick on and it stays! Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by tintedlove

I *love* this color. It's a lovely, vibrant red. Easy to wear. Unlike the other matte revlon lipsticks I've tried, it's pretty easy to put on. I can even put it on out of the tube and clean it up with some lipliner. It's nice that revlon makes an affordable, lovely but bright red color. Usually for striking colors I have to go for more expensive brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulbride6807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick! I bought Fire & Ice, and though it looks great and I love it, on me it's more of a cherry red. I was looking for more of an everyday red. I found it! I usually try to stay away from matte lipsticks, but this l/s is so creamy and is not drying. I bought it at Walmart for $4.97. I think this color is neutral. I don't really feel like it leans to cooler or warmer tones. I think this l/s would look great on anyone. So, to recap: "Really Red" is affordable, great whether you want to dress up and keep it casual, it's creamy, and long-lasting. It fades to a pretty red stain. Love! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

It is a beautiful China red. This makes me look polished and elegant. It also makes my lips look really... What's the word? Fat. It suits me and lasts long. Formula- great. Etc. The only thing is, it's a bit dull... I prefer Fire & Ice, Elizabeth Arden poppy cream, chanel excessive, and even covergirl hot passion to this for that reason. Those all brighten up my face instantly, whereas this one is beautiful, but with a subtle brick tone to it that renders it more 'natural' (if such a word can be used to describe red l/s) and... Wearable... Will
Work for all occasions. I just prefer the aforementioned as they have a special *something* that makes me glow... Esp Fire and Ice!! Thank God I have both though, bcuz F&I definitely will not be suitable for for ALL occasions, unlike this workhorse!
What I like to do to liven this up is apply F&ice to centre of lips, and smush lips so it blends with RR. This way I get the pulled-together, sophisticated prettiness, with a dash of fiery energy to it.