Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 9/27/2012 1:05:00 PM

As a natural red-head it can be sometimes hard to find a shae that looks good witthout confilicting with my hair color. However I had heard so many good things about this shade I decided to give it a try. WOW! I was so impressed! I love this shade and it works great with my red hair. The color is ideal and i can't believe I have finally found a red that i can love. It's a perfect matte shade without feeling or looking to dry. I simply can't recommend this enough.

on 9/19/2012 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I swatched Ruby Woo next to this and found that this was definitely much creamier without sacrificing the amazing pigmentation and same matte finish. On my medium brown skin, putting this lipstick on in its full opacity almost literally brightens my whole face; I suddenly feel a shade or two lighter, as well as though I had glistening white teeth. But it is a full on red, a very in your face red, so you've been warned. It makes you look amazing but it is in no way subdued. It's wearable if you want a bold lip on purpose. As for the wear of it, it lasted pretty long throughout the day. From morning to evening I only reapplied thrice, and only to fix the corners of my mouth, which is where it would fade a bit. It's a little bit dry in the long run so be sure to moisturize your lips beforehand but I find that retouching with the same lipstick makes me feel moisturized enough, no need to top with a balm or gloss. I would buy this again if I ran out but not to stock up, since I'd like to explore more wearable colors.

on 9/12/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would I buy this product again? Yes, and I have. Just bought my second tube, because this is the ONLY lipstick I have EVER used up! I absolutely love this color. It's perfect against my complexion, which tends to be fair-ish with cool leanings. It has a warmer tone to it than some other reds I've used, and I like that because it's more classic and not overpowering.
I've often heard that this is an exact dupe for MAC's Russian Red. Having never actually used Russian Red, I can't attest to that, but I can say that all the photos I've seen online confirm that rumor. However, I wouldn't say it's a dupe in texture. I've been using this lipstick for two years now with absolutely no drying on my lips (it's actually surprisingly moisturizing), but any MAC lipstick I've used - matte or otherwise - has left my lips feeling like paper-mache. (I've used Diva and Creme d'Nude and they both have actually caused my lips to crack and bleed, even with a healthy dose of exfoliation and lip balm underneath.) Revlon's little tube of wonder, however, doesn't cause my lips to dry out AT ALL. The texture is creamy and feels comfortable on my lips - not waxy or heavy. And, wonder of wonders, it DOESN'T FEATHER! That alone is a win! Every red I've used ever has always feathered, even with lip liner. (Must have been all those years of smoking.) This one doesn't. I don't have to use a lip liner (I still do to make my lips a bit fuller-looking) - I can just swipe this baby on from the tube and I'm good to go.
This review has been way too long. I just can't help but rave about this great product. The price is amazing and the lipstick itself is to die for.

on 8/18/2012 1:29:00 AM

Wonderful red.
I am very pale, with neutral, slightly yellow undertones. Many reds look screechy on me, with either too much blue or too much orange. I've never been able to find a rich deep red that doesn't look overpowering on me. This is beautiful. It is just a luscious neutral RED. It doesn't look screechy. It does look dramatic, but in a beautiful luxurious way. Mattes are the best formula for red because you do NOT want a red that moves around. This stays put.

I get it to look perfect by applying concealer around my lips, then dabbing this on with my fingers. Then, I blot it, and apply another coat, and gently blot again. This leaves a beautiful rich red, but a bit flat for my taste. I add a tiny dab of NARS Bleecker lip gloss to the center of my bottom lip (any pigmented red lip gloss will work I think) and a tiny dab to the top and lightly blend it, this gives it a bit more dimension. It gives a beautiful bright, non-tacky red. Perfect.

on 8/12/2012 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I loved the color and the texture! It's a great lipstick at a great price, very pigmented, lasts a lot and suits my skin perfectly!

on 8/4/2012 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I just got this in a swap and it's GORGEOUS. I'm already in love. I just have to get up the guts to wear it outside, it's such a bold color. gorgeous blood redish shade, great matte finish just as promised, not too drying, I couldn't be happier with it!

this is the first red lipstick I've ever tried, and I love it. it's a bit bright for me, maybe since I'm not used to wearing such a bold color. it seems almost fluorescent red on my tan Asian skin. I dab a bit of Revlon's Black Cherry lipstick over it to darken it up a little and tone down the brightness, and then it's a gorgeous, mature, true retro red that gives me instant confidence. I think the best way to wear it is with matching red nails and almost bare eyes, so the glamour factor goes off the charts. it goes on opaque and strong, and I love that it can survive eating/drinking and last all day without touch ups. this is a fabulous lipstick and I'm very glad to own it.
EDIT: this is definitely a compliment-getter and a head turner. my very conservative grandma and makeup saleslady aunt both agreed it was a beautiful non-screechy red. the first time I wore this in public I was about to fill out a job application, and I got hired on the spot without even filling out the application! it's a wonder what a classic, bold red lip can do!

on 7/27/2012 9:14:00 AM

Love, love, LOVE this red. I have MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red but this is my absolute favourite. My go to red lipstick! Just bought Wet n Wild Stoplight Red so I'll see if this one beats that too :)

on 7/27/2012 8:27:00 AM

This is the first time I have fallen in love with a beauty product..for real. Like I cannot bear to live without it or even imagine running out of it. It drove me to look for backups and always dreading that it might be discontinued. Sadly, I fear it might be so, because its so much harder to find now. I finally found a store where they had only two tubes left and I bought both. Such a beautiful red. I call it my happy red because the color is so bright and cheerful. Goes with everything and all occasions. IN LOVE!

on 7/26/2012 11:01:00 PM

A fabulous, absolutely gorgeous red! I am an NC25 and was looking for a true red with warmer undertones, no blue undertones at all. This was the perfect match! Great, creamy application with absolutely no tugging or seeping into the cracks of my lips. Looks best with a layer of lip balm underneath for soft looking, color rich lips-- but to truly get the matte look you should just exfoliate your lips then apply this on straight from the tube. This shade looks amazing in the tube and even better on your lips. I think this is one of the true lipstick gems that would go with every skin tone out there! Has no scent or no taste, but mine melted and shifted a bit after being left a hot car. Found mine for only $4.97 at a local Walmart. This is my second Revlon Matte lipstick, and they've easily become my favorite lipstick line. Will buy many backups of this, as this might be my only red lipstick for life!

Popular Lipsticks