Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 7/8/2012 4:32:00 PM

I love the color and wear this on days when I need a pretty neutral and don't have time to do a full eye. It stays put and has a nice shimmer without being overdone. Buy the squeeze tube if you can instead of the Genie shaped bottle.

on 6/23/2012 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this primer potion!!!! It's a beautiful champagne salmon color and I adore it. I love wearing it by itself on days that I'm lazy and don't feel like creating an eye look, and I love it for when I want to enhance my eyeshadow's colors. This is such a versatile primer!!!! The only con I can think of is the packaging (I have the old genie bottle type packaging) but I think they came out with a squeezy tube to make it much easier to get out. A must have for any gal that loves makeup!!!!

on 6/11/2012 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this before the package switch. I originally bought this because I heard rave reviews of the original UDPP but wanted the champagne color for days I wanted to not use eye shadow but just this. Like the color, maybe a little too shimmery for me, but it did keep my eyes crease-free.

I would give this product a three-star rating, but however after using it for a year on a daily basis I have developed milia (accurately, nine spots) around the tear duct area. Took me a while to realise it, as I thought it was my moisturizer first.

I may try to original UDPP, but I am afraid of getting even more milia. I really wanted to like this product but my skin just said no.

My HG. I love both of them, & this one makes my eyeshadow more shimmery. Sometimes I just wear this one by itself for a really natural look but works great with shadows too :)

on 6/6/2012 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

i am a firm believer in the original primer potion from UD. i wouldn't have bought this one on my own but I got this one and original for the price of one from Ulta. i tried it and i loved the color. it is a really nice beige/champagne color with shimmer that makes my eyeshadow pop. my only complaint is that is doesn't last as long as the original (10+ hrs) but i would definitely buy it again for the right price. however, i don't see myself buying this anytime soon because a little goes a long way and with the new squeeze bottle it's easier to get it out of the tube.

on 5/29/2012 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got this as a gift from my sister who swears by it and although it's a nice shimmery product, i'm not crazy about it.
I wanted it for creasing... it creases. So no, I won't buy it again.

on 5/4/2012 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

this is a really nice product. the colour triples as a highlight/lid colour and primer. its a very nice shimmery gold with light glitter chunks. i love to use it under my rubenesque paintpot from mac and my CG lashblast mascara for a no-effort look!!!

on 4/25/2012 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love the primer potion original, so I thought I'd LOVE this shade, as I pretty much use the Naked/Naked 2 palettes as my everyday eye looks... I love a nice shimmer on the eye, especially towards the crease/browbone as a highlight.

Sin is beautiful when you swatch it, and still beautiful on the eye, but I have found that on my eyes, this stuff creases towards the very end of the day--something the original primer potion has not ever done... after all, that's the reason I want an eyelid primer!

Overall, I don't think that the "primer" formula is the same as the original... It's a gorgeous product, but something that seems better worn as a very sheer, natural eyeshadow rather than a primer. When it comes to function, this product just isn't what I expected.

on 4/22/2012 3:42:00 PM

Bought in December I Iike this base to use under matte shadows, it gives them a sheen and helps prevent creasing. It's not as long lasting as Stila smudge crayon. I wouldn't buy Sin again in UDPP but I will be trying out Eden!
the bottle is cute but not practical. Price is in the range of other eye primers.

on 4/21/2012 12:09:00 AM

I like this primer on a day when I'm in a hurry because it is pretty on its own with a nice sheer glow. However, it works even worse than the original does. It just does not make my shadows appear vividly. I don't have any issues ever with creasing; it never happens for me, so I can't comment on that. It does seem much drier than the original formula; you need to blend it fast but it might be better for more oily skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials