April 21, 2014 | 1607 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by AhyKayGee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the new packaging. It is a shimmery bronze color, works great under copper or brown shadows. Makes them last all day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I like it, but I don't love it. First of all, I think this shade is just too shimmery for my skintone as an all-over color. I'm on the medium-to-tan side, so if I get even just a tiny bit too much of this on my eyelid, it looks like a frosty mess and is hard to blend down with the shadows I use, no matter what colors/finishes I'm wearing. Secondly, I don't feel like the primer aspect works as well as the original. I feel like I still crease a bit (although it's much less than I would with no primer at all), but with the original formula, I would only find very slight creasing at the tail end of a very long day...

I'll finish out my tube (I have the awful original packaging with the slightly bent wand, but I won't be turning to drastic measures to get the last bits out), but I'll stick with the original from here on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Dractylcat

I love it! I was showing a friend the difference with and without it on my hand in the evening. Forgetting it was there, when I woke up the next morning, the eyeshadow was still on the back of my hand the same color as when I originally brushed it on.

It's great by itself when you apply more. However, I can apply very little and it still works great even with colors that aren't nudes like blues or greens.

I love how true eyeshadow colors are with UDPP. Sin just adds a very subtle shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow, surprised by the low rating for this compared to how loved the original is. Granted, that may be due to that horrible original wand tube, but they have a squeezy tube now which is the one I have. I tried Greed first but felt it was too bright and shiny yellow gold so glad I opted for Sin, it's perfection. The new tube is adorable too.

It took me awhile to come back to this, as I was not fan of the original due to horrible allergies I experienced with it :( Sin does not seem to bother me though ,which is awesome. I love the shimmery champagney-nude shade; all by itself as a cream e/s or under any of my neutral colors, which is the majority of what I wear, or as a highlighter shade. I was initially afraid it might be to OTT for daytime, but it's no more shimmery than a lot of normal e/s out there, and definitely not glittery as say, Midnight Cowboy, for example! Then again, a little goes a long way and it's true that you should use less rather than more or you could end up with gilded lids ;) You won't need much to get your shadows to look great and stay put anyway, without creasing or fading. I apply just a little dot and blend with my finger and so far this method does just fine.

This is such a unique primer shade that I'm glad I took the chance on it despite all the issues I had with the original. This it does exactly what I want it to and looks fantastic, worn alone or not, and looks even more amazing with the new Naked2 palette, if such a thing is possible. If you want a great primer for warm or neutral shades, or even just a nice cream e/s in this shade, give it at try. It does seem to live up to much of it's hype, thankfully.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by DriouxAnnaSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like the new tube package, because you get a whole lot for your money. i took off only one lipstich because i wish it was a slightly lighter champagne colour, so i could use it in my inner corner- unfortunately, the key to this on fair skin is blending a ton! other than the slightly too dark colour on my skin, i love this primer. adds so much shimmer to my eyeshadows, and is absolutely beautiful. also, i do not crease at all, and the pay off is, of course, super great, as with the original primer potion. i do wish this formula was as tacky as the original though- i feel like it is slightly drier. overall, a wonderful product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like UDPP Original, but I am usually too rushed or too lazy to apply shadow on top of it, so the colored PP's interested me. My lids are oily after a few hours, no matter what I do, except when I use UDPP. I got a sample card from Sephora a while back and liked Sin best. I really don't wear shadow except for a few times per year. But since getting Sin, I wear it almost daily. I don't like that it applies foily/blingy at first. But within a few minutes, it settles on my skin and the foil/sparkle/bling settles down -- this is a good thing, in my opinion. The color is a glimmery "pink champagne", but it looks almost skintone on me; subtle after the shimmer settles a bit. I apply it with my fingertip, which is not very precise, but it works OK. Would not have touched this product if it was still in the genie bottle with wand applicator though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a really good product, easy to blend, glides onto the skin and REALLY packs some serious lasting power onto your Eyeshadow. It's a brilliant investment because you get to use less Eyeshadow, take less time, etc. and the colour is very flattering. I used this in the Trial-Size with the wand and really like this more than MAC Paints which are VERY drying in comparison and much much harder to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Urban Decay primer potions. I own Sin, Greed, and original. I find they all work equally well. The trick to not getting creasing is so put the SMALLEST amount of this stuff on. Like one tiny swipe and then quickly blend it in. If you use a lot of this as your primer, of course you'll get creasing.

I don't use this as just a shadow. The way I use it you can barely even see the color. That is how little product you need. I suppose maybe someday I could try using this as a shadow. Isn't it the same color as Sin in the Naked Palette? I don't own it YET but I will someday! :)

I have all travel sizes of the primer potions and they're all in the old packaging. I don't mind the old packaging. In fact, I love how it has an applicator and can be applied easily. However, I do know that TONS of product gets stuck in the bottles. Have you guys seen the YouTube videos on how to de-pot a potion? Wow! So, with that being said, when it comes around to de-potting my potions, I'm sure it will be more of an adventure. :) And, since I buy so much Urban Decay stuff, I don't think I'll ever run out of primer potion. I'll give them away as gifts!

I love this stuff and paired with a small layer of MAC Paint Pots over these my shadows stay perfect from morning til it's time to take off my makeup. (8am-11pm). It's truly a miracle!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by xxybebo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i never had an eye primer so i wanted to try the original UDPP because Iv heard so many great reviews on it but sephora ran out of it so i got the sin primer potion instead hoping it wouldnt crease and just add some shimmer metallic glow underneath my eyeshadow i put on ..although I really like the color and shimmer it gives... it creased on me after like 2 hours of having it on sadly..so i probably wont be buying it again..but it does make a good brow bone highlighter :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is my favorite primer potion! It works just as good as the regular and I love the color and the little frost to it. I love how my shadow looks with this applied. Definatly a favorite of mine. I have even worn it alone before when I was in a hurry.