September 22, 2014 | 1470 users online

Powders - Clinique - Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by OrangeBlossom83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Some background info on my skin...I used to be extremely oily with horrible cystic acne. Now I'm coming off of Accutane, been off of it for a little over a month, and my derm suggests that I do preventative maintence care, but I don't really want to go back on products designed for acne.

My biggest battle is redness. I have a lot throughout my cheeks and nose.

I didn't even intend to purchase this, but the SA gave me a generous sample, and I really fell in love with it. It's been a big help. I apply this after I've let my moisturizer set.

The brush that comes with it isn't the greatest, but it does a nice job if you want to target smaller areas. Normally I just use a big powder brush. The mini brush is retractable, so you can load it up, put the cap on it, and throw it in your bag.

I just wish it came in a smaller container for less money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Tarheeloutwest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 51 with fair skin and rosacea. I never had any luck with those green concealers for redness and this yellow powder was no different. The way the SA applied it over my foundation in the store looked promising so I asked for a sample. Sure enough, the next morning I tried to put it on over my foundation and it just looked yellow. I tried it under my foundation the next day and it had no impact. I will just stick to my foundation for now. (I use EL DW, Revlon Colorstay or CG Simply Ageless and they all give me decent coverage.)

It may have some real "relief" properties, I couldn't say. If you're interested, be sure to request a sample and try it yourself before you buy.

I like Clinique a lot, but this didn't live up to the promise for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by aphroditep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love love love this product. I have really annoying redness on my cheeks and a little on my nose and this does the trick. I have also used it with the redness solutions green tinted base for those extra red days. It also comes with a cute retractable kabuki. what cool about it is that all I have to do is load up my kabuki and throw it in my purse and I have a touch up when I need it. So convenient.
This has really made a difference on decisions that I make when it comes to choosing the makeup that I am going to wear, such as my blush.
I donít know what I did before I found this. It has made such a huge difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by cheeseplease

I was going to Clinique with the intent of looking for a foundation. Instead, I ended up leaving with this product and I'm glad I did. I had no idea that this product even existed until the lady suggested it to me. I tend to turn pink/red around my cheeks during the warmer weather months, after I've been moving around a lot, or have been active during the day. This product definitely helps with toning down the redness. I always use this product on top of Clinique City Block or on top of foundation. If I use this product on its own, it doesn't work as well. The little brush that comes with it does not work well. Instead, I use a kabuki brush or powder brush to apply the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this in different ways and was most convinced of its redness reduction when I wore this simply over sunscreen etc (no foundation). It gave my skin a more even look and the color I want it to look - my skin without the pinkness! Unfortunately by the 5th day I was also convinced that my skin was having a reaction to the product as day by day there was an increase in the number of little red spots and small whiteheads I had (I had none to begin with). It will come in handy though over my chest area for the very rare occassion that we have a special event. I found that when I wore my regular make up and put this over my rosacea flushed chest it gave me a much more even appearance.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by xjolene

When I apply this, I have to apply a lot to cover up the redness, and it ends up looking cakey; however, it does "cover the redness" - it just makes me look yellow.
The brush is just plain trash and enough said; I won't be purchasing this again . (especially for like $45 CAN)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Ellebee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. From the advertisement claims, it seemed to be just what I needed. I have rosacea, sensitive skin, oily in the t-zone, dry on the cheeks. Unfortunately applying this to clean bare skin causes it to be much too oily in the t-zone, to the point where even additional oil control products couldn't control it.

The brush it comes with is cheap, it will leave black brush hairs all over your face and is worthless. I'd rather just buy a product, rather than to have to pay for a crappy brush too. This powder didn't cover the rosacea broken capillaries either, as it claimed it would.

I was surprised that a makeup product this expensive (and geared to those of us with delicate, problem skin) would include Bismuth in the ingredients. I didn't think that was even being used in makeup anymore considering how itchy and damaging to sensitive skin it can be.

I haven't tried anything else in the Clinque Redness Solutions product line, but this is getting returned. I don't recommend this product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by taylor21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this powder after a mineral powder that matches my skin.
Just a little bit not a lot of the Clinique Redness Solution Powder, and definitely not alone. You for sure need a foundation on before it, then you lightly brush this over it and your skin looks matched perfectly. It all mixes, and it does not look like you are wearing a lot of make up. Use a mineral powder first, then this and your face will look amazing. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lynbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is wonderful! After being a slave to heavy makeup because of my roseacea, I discovered the Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15 first, and paired with the Instant Relief Mineral Powder, I can get away with no foundation! It's great. I use the DPB first and let it sink in for about 5 minutes (that's very important - If you use the powder right after applying the base, it WILL look cakey.) Then I buff the IRMP onto my face with the Everyday Minerals flat-top brush. Add mascara and some gloss and you're good to go!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by GoldenKatie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The clinique redness relief moisturizer is such a miracle product that I was compelled to try this powder. The first time I used it i did so as a finishing powder, over my MAC foundation and instead of transluscent powder. I was a peculiar hue, slightly yellow to my eyes but friends claimed they didn't see that. Next I moved on to putting it UNDER my foundation. now THAT WORKS. On clean moisturized face I put this powder on (using a MAC eye shadow brush for precision). I applied it rather heavily then patted it in with my finger. Let it sit that way while I did my eyes, then put on my foundation. EXCELLENT RESULT. It covered redness, did calm my face, and wore well. I kept up this under make up appliation technique for a week and lo my skin was indeed happier and clearer and more even. I've been using it for 2 mos now and honestly my skin has never looked better. I am thrilled. So yes i recommend this product, but personally i find it works best right on skin versus over foundation. It lasts for ages so i can't imagine running out of it anytime soon. if/when it does, i would repurchase. It's great to "dot on" blemishes or problem area once you finish your foundation too.