November 23, 2014 | 2056 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by sakamisin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product definitely makes your face blot! after using it only 2 times in a row, or maybe just one day, you can see acnes everywhere on your face (eventhough you have a dry, not-acne prone skin)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing foundation. I have waited ages to find one that I love! This applies easily with my fingers, covers really nicely and leaves a natural finish. Not too matte and not too dewy. Just perfect. Give it a few moments and it sets to a perfect finish...no smudging or melting off your face here. Hooray!
Seriously, go check this one out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by ellem3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love. My HG foundation. I'm a Peach 23 which matches so perfectly that I can stop at my jawline - no need to even blend down my neck. I've struggled to find another brand with the same 'odd' undertone that I have - most others are pink or yellow based only, Diorskin Nude has these and also a neutral undertone but it also includes this warmer peach undertone. My skin is combo/oily and a lot of foundations oxidise on my skin but this doesn't - the colour it applies as is how it still looks hours later. It is easy to apply and blend - I use a foundation (paddle) brush and feel I've got plenty of time to blend it before it dries and sets. I only need to dust very lightly with translucent powder around my T-zone.
It's a light/medium coverage which I use fairly sheerly on good skin days and can apply more on problem areas without it looking cakey. I absolutely love the finish as it's so natural - not too matte, not too dewy - aptly named as it is like skin. And with my skin I'm loving it that it doesn't make me oily over the course of the day as some hydrating formulas can do.
The packaging looks classy and the pump system works well for me as I pump only what I thnk I'll need and can squeeze out a little extra if needed so there's no waste here for me. As for lasting power, I do notice it starting to fade after 4-5 hours even with a primer underneath, but it's not supposed to be a long lasting formula and with such a perfect colour match any fading isn't noticable to anyone else until around 7-8 hours anyway. The only negative point for me is the price as it's $77 for a 30ml bottle here in Aus.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by mimisang

I love how this foundation looks on my skin. It's lightweight and yet a good coverage and hydrating. I always get compliments for my skin when i use this foundation. Definitely one of my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

No caking, no sliding off my face. I have very oily t zone and very dry flaky cheeks and it's a nightmare trying to find a foundation that doesn't cake AND slide off at the same time. It gives a natural finish. While it won't slide off my face, it doesn't control oil very well but then I use a powder to set anyway. It's easier to control oil with powder than fix foundation caking on dry flakes. Very easy to apply with fingers or brush. I mix it in with moisturiser for a sheerer look for daily use. I use a brush to apply it traditionally for more formal occasions. It just doesn't fail. I've gone from not wearing foundation at all to wearing Diorskin Nude most days.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by shelivsinrainbows

This foundation is either a Holy Grail or problem item for those who try it, so always get a sample first!
For me after learning that Chanel had discontinued my beloved Pro Lumier I went on the search for a new holy grail. After searching many counters I was reluctant to try this foundation after reading so many reviews regarding how drying it is for people with dry, even normal skin. Upon trying it I fell in love it did not dry out my already dry skin, it in no way looked cakey and had a lovely semi matt, natural finish. I can honestly say it is not my new holy grail. The packaging is beautiful, the formulation silky soft and easy to blend, the colour (010) a perfect match for my pale neutral toned skin. I would say that the coverage is light to a light medium and makes the skin look glowy and healthy without shine whilst lasting for a good 7 hours before I notice wear. However I wouldn’t recommend for oily skins due to the hydrating semi matte formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is amazing. I have acne prone skin that tends to be dry and this provides flawless coverage and moisture. It lasts all day without having to touch up and literally melts into your skin. It is very easy to blend, and if wearing the correct colour it is undetectable that you’re wearing foundation. I generally don’t use a primer (My Clarins sunblock acts as a primer), and it lasts 5-6 hours without needing to be blotted or re-powdered.
However, it is expensive, so I am trying to use a cheaper foundation for every day wear and using this only when I go somewhere special. I have used this on and off for almost two years and still keep coming back to it! By the way I am NC10 and wear ivory (010).
The only reason it is not my HG foundation is that I have to put two layers of it on my skin to get the full coverage that I desire. Doing this is expensive because applying this in layers uses the bottle up quite quickly. Nude has less coverage than Diors’ Forever foundation, but I prefer the way Nude sits on my skin.
The packaging is fine, nothing special. I like how you dispense the product with a pump, which is hygienic, however, I can’t help noticing that there’s a little wastage when you press down on it, sometimes a little product falls escapes your waiting hands and trickles down the side of the bottle. Design fault I presume and not a big issue as you can easily retrieve the escaped product, but it may annoy some people, but I am not at all fussed! May repurchase if I can’t find a cheaper alternative or one that has the same texture but with more coverage without having to layer it.

UPDATE: I actually have just discovered Elizabeth Ardens Ceramide foundation (the one in the jar)...I have only used it once but it seems to have fuller coverage than this one but the same end result...It sits on my skin like this one does.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kittygirl429

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for over a year, so I can confidently say that I love this foundation! I have sensitive, acne prone skin that has normal-dry cheeks and normal-oily t-zone. I bought this foundation when I my skin was suffering from horrible cystic acne, and this was the only foundation that didn't aggravate my skin. The ingredients in this foundation is absolutely top notch. I have light-medium/medium skin and I was matched to 21 when I was super pale. I'm back to my normal color now, which should be a 30 or 31.

The staying power of this foundation is pretty good on my combo-oily skin. Although this foundation isn't mattifying, it doesn't make my skin more oily. I need powder in warmer weather and my skin stays shine free for 4-5 hours, although it does take on a healthy glow towards the end of the 4-5 hours. It can definitely transfer on my skin during warmer weather. I do prefer this foundation in colder weather, but I find it wearable all year around since I don't live in an area that gets extremely warm.

As for the application, I find that this foundation is best applied with fingers. Something about this foundation requires warmth. I find this is quite common with the new generation of water based foundations, such as the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua or the new one by Estee Lauder. You also have to shake the bottle vigorously before applying, which can be a pain because the entire bottle, with the exception of the cap, is made out of glass. It's quite a workout for your arms. A plastic packaging would have been more practical.

To elaborate more on the packaging, it's stunning sitting on your vanity...when it's clean. The shiny cap especially attracts fingerprints and can quickly look grubby. The glass part fares better, but can also show fingerprints.

Overall, I do recommend this foundation. It's one of the few foundations my sensitive, acne prone skin actually likes. It has a fairly decent shade selection and provides the most beautiful skin like, airbrushed finish. But try before you buy. I've read that it's oxidized on some people. Hope this was helpful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation (DiorSkin Nude) is "the" foundation which all others should be judged. Dior sets THE STANDARD in what a foundation applies and looks on the skin. Their pigments are so highly milled to a fineness unmatched by any other brand. They become part of the skin as opposed to something which sits on top of the skin. Their loose and pressed powders have the same quality. This particular base is SUBLIME in every way. It's not too sheer or too thick. It's not too dry nor too oily. Every skin looks incredibly better when this base is used. There is a translucency to the makeup as if it is lit from within giving whatever skin you've applied it to these same qualities. This kind of texture/translucence is what very young, perfect, poreless skin has. This makeup creates that exact illusion. An AMAZING foundation that I cannot RAVE about enough. This is truely "skin in a bottle."

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by TrueTatiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's one of the 'wanted to love it' stories. This foundation dried my combination skin so much, my face looked like a baked apple. At first I couldn't understand what was causing it and switched my cleanser -toner-moisturizer routine a couple times, which didn't help. Last week I returned to my LM foundation and my skin is slowly getting better. Additionally, CD foundation oxidized on my face and made it look corpse-like ( Anyone?) God bless Sephora for its return policy, or I'd have to drop it off at the Dior house myself.