December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by hilaryst

it doesn't work for me. it just doesn't look good me, but it does stay long..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by estx1987

I am a super oily and pale girl and what drew me to this, of course, was the name "STAY MATTE." I have had success with drugstore makeup before so on a spree I decided to pick it up in it's lightest shade (for reference I am Porcelain/#1 in Laura Merciers makeup). Anyway, I decided to test this, this morning, when I had some time to laze around the house. I put the primer all over my face, then used the Beauty Blender to put this on one side of my face and my Revlon Colorstay on the other side. Over both of them I used the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in two shades (001 and 004). Needless to say there's a HUGE orange mess on the right side of my face and the left looks natural. The right is the Stay Matte foundation. I used NO bronzer/blush/anything on top of this. I am sooo disappointed because I was hoping for more. My face feels nice though, so if Rimmel would lighten their shades maybe it would help? I do like the packaging though, it's a lot easier than Revlon Colorstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Quick preface: I liked this foundation at first, but I later noticed it broke me out something serious. Therefore I will never use again and this gets a no for "Would you buy this product again?"

But for a cumulative review, based off notes of my few times of trying it:

It seems that everyone that doesn't like Stay Matte likes Lasting Finish, and everyone that doesn't like Lasting Finish likes Stay Matte. I'm not exactly sure why this is, perhaps Rimmel has some secret opposing formulas where at least one will work for you. Lasting Finish was honestly too greasy and thick for me, and I never understood half the hype around it. This to me is much more tame and wearable daily. Like Lasting Finish, the color Ivory 100 was still a little beige for my tastes, but because this blends like a dream into the skin, it wasn't really detectable that the color was a little off. It leaves a non-greasy, light to medium coverage finish however it wasn't matte as much as it was natural. A bit of powdering did give me the nice powdery matte finish that I wanted. The only thing I disliked is that it caked up a bit around dry spots, so if you have dry skin this might not be a great option. As far as wear, it lasted about 6-8 hours (I wasn't really expecting it to last 12 hours) but it's acceptable for day to day use (i.e. work, school, at home). I don't think this was really intended to be long wearing even though Rimmel's marketing is pushing it as such, perhaps why many find it disappointing. I like the flat-bottle packaging, it's easier to dispense just what you need and it's not messy.

This gets three lippies because although it doesn't really do what it says, I still think it's fairly decent when worked with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I'm not in love w/this...but I don't hate it either. It's decent enough in a pinch. The application dries quick so you don't have time to dally around. It lasts on me around 10 hours w/o fail. I'd probably buy it again if I needed something quick & cheap...but NOT a HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by DanaCerise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What gives? I have to rate this 2 lippies because there are no colors for light skin. I'm NW15, and the lightest color is waaay to dark. It seems like a decent foundation though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by robinb63

Bought this on a whim in a darker shade to blend with my everyday foundation because right now I'm a little bit darker, it being summertime. I wanted buy something inexpensive (check), medium comerage (check), and most importantly, non-comedogenic (BIG check!). I like the packaging, the consistancy, and the coverage. I liked it so much, that I used it by itself today, without blending it with my other foundation. Gives a nice finish. Being matte and oil-free, I was worried about it being too drying for my skin, but so far it just imparts a nice finish (not too matte), stays put and looks fresh all day. I think I will go back and buy a lighter shade for when I'm not tan anymore....I like it that much!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by amogge

this product gave a nice finish to the skin that lasted just under the 12 hours it advertised. Dries quickly, so you must apply quickly. I've been using for one week and have noticed a bit of irritation/breakouts on my skin but I can't confirm that it's solely from using this product. Could just be a bit of PMS acne. I would buy again in a pinch but I'll probably try something new next time around.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by aphoticandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not too crazy about this product.The lightest I was able to find was Ivory, but it was still a bit too sandy. It offers only a very sheer coverage, almost like a tinted moisturizer (application was sheer using sponse, brush and fingers). I’ve oily skin… and I didn’t really notice a ‘mattifying’ effect. I love the packaging. I love being able to only squeeze out the amount you’re going to use.. keeps the product sanitary with out waste. This is a foundation for someone looking for a light, natural sheer look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by dreab77

I like this foundation, i have combo skin and it stays matte for most of the day. When I get a little oily in my t-zone it doesn't look greasy like with other foundations, I dab once after about 8 hours and i'm good for the rest of the day. Doesn't break me out and is really inexpensive, has good coverage and staying power, so I think it's a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i liked the sample of the "lasting finish" foundation that i had, but when i went to buy the product, all the store had was the "stay matte" so i bought that instead. i have oily skin, so i thought why not. well, stay matte didn't stay matte on me, it oxidized after an hour or so, and just oiled right up, too. so i had orange, oily skin and i also found it irritated my eyes. so now i stay away from Rimmel foundations, eyeliners, shadows and mascaras. (but i do enjoy their lippies and nail polishes very, very much, tho!)