July 29, 2014 | 1995 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Sunnygirl12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bad all around for me. The texture is goopy. When I squeeze the makeup out. It's watery and clumpy. I shake the tube before I use use the foundation. To no avail. I was recommend to get NC55 from MAC makeup artist. It looked good in the store. I finally used it. I usually wear YSL or MUF. This formula made my skin look ashy, and caky. Also, it's showed my laugh line. I didn't feel I looked my best. Neither did my skin look flawless like the other foundations I used. I will see if I can return it. If not, I will upcycle when I have 5 more empty make up cases. I am going back to YSL or MUF. Boo to this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Lhicksbeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing coverage, completely build able for desired coverage and color. Covers any and all imperfections. Con: can look noticeable and heavy on skin if not applied the right way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is awesome!! I have very dry skin and it's hard for me to wear foundation in the winter because it emphasizes the flakes/dry spots. This is the only foundation I've ever used that doesn't make my dryness look worse. I usually pick natural coverage but decided to try this anyway since it's recommended for dry skin. It's medium to full coverage without looking cakey or unnatural. It covers up my rosacea redness and makes my skin look unbelievably even. I've tried a damp sponge and a foundation brush to apply, much prefer the brush. NC15 is a great match (Estee Lauder Invisible 1N1, Bobbi Brown Warm Ivory). Try this if you're dry and/or sensitive, great for covering rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by natmc13

I have used MAC Mineralize and currently use MAC Studio Fix. I uses this Studio Sculpt for a more heavy/full coverage. It is too heavy for me to wear of a day so i recommend this as a night/going out foundation.x

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Lois_k

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: Great coverage, rarely if ever need concealer, if you use a light hand it's beautiful.

Cons: completely disagrees with my skin. I spent all last week in heavy theatrical makeup and had no problem whatsoever. I used this one day and my face broke out terribly. This is not the first time that it's happened, but each time I hope that it will work for me. I recommend that people try it, because if it works with your skins it's great. Sadly...I am giving up. I will either be giving this away or just throwing it away. (or squeezing it out and doing a back 2 mac)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love this foundation! One of my favourites that is always in regular rotation.

Pros:
It has amazing coverage - medium buildable to full with a gorgeous satiny finish that is almost impossible to find in fuller coverage products. I love the cream-gel texture, it's perfect for my combo skin. Not greasy at all, doesn't cling to or emphasize my dry, flaky areas. I mainly use this for special occasions (even though it has spf, I have never noticed any flashback even when I'm darker around NC30) and sheer it out a bit with a brush or sponge for daily use as I prefer lighter coverage. This mixes perfectly with any moisturiser if you want to make your own tinted moisturiser, any facial oils, creams/lotions, "bb-enhancing" products such as Etude's Volumer if you want a more sheer, radiant finish. I've used this with anything and everything, very versatile and I don't need to hunt for different products I can easily blend myself using Studio Sculpt.

Since it does provide good coverage, I also use this to conceal any blemishes or dark circles. What I love best is I think this is MAC's most "skin-like" foundation. It's not dry or cake-y like Studio Fix liquid foundation was on me, and not as matte as MatchMaster. And not sparkly like a lot of those "naked/illuminating" category type foundations which look too shimmery in daylight. This just disappears into skin, and looks very natural. I often compare it to LM Silk Creme, although the LM is more emollient and a different texture, they both have a fuller coverage with a very natural finish. I pulled out the Studio Sculpt one day at workout to touch up an awful acne scar on my chin and my co-worker was like "What are you using, your skin looks perfect??? it covers everything, no concealer??'

Needless to say she asked me to drive with her to the nearest MAC counter after work, and now uses the MAC instead of her usual Dior. With this, I can cover my whole face using a tiny drop, imperfections and all, in less than 5 minutes flat - no need to use concealers and correctors.

Cons:
NONE
I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this product, love it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by RHartyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The packaging for this foundation is fantastic and out of all the foundations i've tried the best packaging because you can squeeze every last drop out unlike most premium foundations. However i have normal/combination skin. Like most people my T-zone tends to get slightly oily but it was never to bad before using this product. Because it was gel based foundation i felt that as the day went on my make up would start to melt off even if i had finished with powder which is a MUST with this foundation. My skin constantly looked really oily and my face would never last. If you have problem skin DO NOT use this product. If you have normal skin and like a dewy look then it might be okay for you but you have to finish with powder or it will not stay. Also i wouldnt recommend using every day, all the time because after a while it started to give me problematic skin. Hope this review was useful!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this foundation after reading reviews in the hope it would be good for dry skin, the packaging is nice for a foundation and its easy to control how much you use also for someone who likes the foundation you get a good amount for your money 10ml more than a standard 30ml bottle of foundation. The foundation itself i found to be far to thick for my skin it does feel soft and gel like but it didn't do much for my dry skin and I found it hard to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Hausdefab

first a big no no for oily skin.your face will definitely looks horrible..great for dry and normal to slightly combination skin.really advicable to set with powder.finish is satiny and medium to buildable.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

one of the worst foundations I have tried. so oily, does not blend well and it clings to every little imperfection you have on ur skin

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No