MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 5/30/2014 8:18:00 PM

I have combination skin (T-zone) and absolutely love this foundation. The color I've been using (NW20) is a great match for my skin my tone (fair with pink undertones). I like a foundation color that neutralizes the redness in my skin. This foundation gives a radiant, even toned appearance, without being matte, but at the same time not really dewy. Another plus, is that I don't find my T-zone to be as oily by mid-day as it was with other foundations (Had been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere, but coverage was just okay and never really had the perfect color match). I find MAC Studio Sculpt really stays put all day long and into the night. I've noticed some reviewers have had trouble with application of this foundation. This is not a foundation to be applied with fingers. A very little goes a long way. The trick is to dot a small amount around one section of the face at a time and blend with a damp cosmetic sponge. By applying this way, you will get great coverage, but also a light, even finish.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Was dying to try this foundation for ages, got matched in MAC and looks flawless. Got home and looked like i had Jaundice :( thought i would still give it a try as i could make it work with some bronzer. After 5 hours my face was greasy and the coverage had dissapeard around my tzone - very dissapointed!! However loved the packaging. Would not re purchase... still searching for my HG!!!

on 5/24/2014 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I'll start by saying I'm very pro mac! They have some fantastic products; this is not one of them. The bottle itself is great, a plastic squeeze tube great for hygiene and use, but that's where it stops. I have skin that is normal in summer and quite dry in winter and I went to mac to look for a foundation that wouldn't cling to all my dry winter patches and the mua recommended this, saying that it's meant for dry skin. He tried it on me paired with a primer and a setting powder. Loving how it looked I bought it. I got home about an hour later and boy had my face changed, I looked like an oil slick with patchy missing foundation and caking around my nose and dry patches. I will be returning this and getting something else....

on 5/22/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is hands down the worst foundation I've ever used. It was high coverage but had an awful cakey finish and felt suffocating on the skin. It emphasised every dry spot and made my skin break out terribly. Save yourself and your skin the trouble.

on 5/22/2014 4:00:00 PM

This is a brilliant product. It has great coverage without making you look plastered, and makes my skin look perfect. I have used this (sparingly, I admit) every day for over a year and it's still going strong. I look forward to putting this on in the mornings as it gives me such an amazing complexion, and with that - confidence! I would recommend this to anyone - the perfect foundation!

on 5/21/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

So I got it like a week ago and I am soo happy that I finally got my hands on it, it's just the BEST foundation I ever had, beats my previous HG L'oreal True Match. Seriously, I'm so in love with this foundie, better than anything else I ever tried, I mean, Estee Lauder, Guerlain, MUFE, Max Factor, Revlon, I mean, every single foundation will never ever live up to Studio Sculpt. I actually wanted to buy it like a year ago, when my friend was wearing it and it looked so flawless on her, but then I was like what's the point if I got so many foundations, but after clearing up and finally throwing away makeup stuff I didn't use for ages, I had a huge splurge in MAC and I am so happy, I'm in love.

You can go from sheer coverage (using damp sponge) up to full, it builds up so beautifully and even if you put on a lot, it still looks natural, seriously I don't how, but it's perfect.
I don't even add any illuminator, like I used to, 'cause this one gives you a gorg glow just by itself. It's not matte, but it's also not dewy like some people think. It's a true satin/velvet finish that MAC actually mentions and it just lived up to all my expectations, if not more, and actually I'm suprised it did, but anyway I feel like I am gonna use this forever, as long as I don't find something even better (which I bet, I won't).

Only thing I would recommend is to set it at least a bit with translucent powder, because I feel like even if you're not oily, it might transfer on clothes (when you hug someone etc), but I feel like every foundie should be set, otherwise it's just a mess, so I hope this helps someone out there :)

(I got shade NC42)

on 5/21/2014 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation! It is the only one I've tried (high-end and drugstore) that does not break me out. It is gel based which is great! It does it's job and has medium-full coverage in my opinion which is buildable. The only complaint I have is that it can look a little dry and powdery (from what people tell me) if I do not moisturize. When I do moisturize it gives a flawless dewy finish that I love. I would not recommend this to people with very oily skin as I in the summer get a shiny face from this and I have very dry skin. It's not perfect, not my dream foundation but it works for now and covers my red unbalanced skin.

Studio sculpt is my number 1 foundation, I have tried all MAC foundations & this is by far the best for me. I use it with the MAC sponge or the MAC foundation brush for a perfect finish. Only downside is on a hot day & after all day wear it can slide off at the forehead, suggest a good primer & set with powder for the long wear days.. Great buildable coverage & gives a dewy finish without making me breakout... love it

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I do like this foundation hence I said I would repurchase but probably if I did not find a better substitute as there are a few cons. first of all the packaging is brilliant. application is very easy it goes in very smooth (gel based) and builds up well without becoming too cakey. the colouring is a bit funny I usually wear nc37 but was an nc30 in this foundation. besides having SPF it photographs well. however it does tend to stick to dry patches of skin and really exaggerates them. it also is difficult to use this and cover really purple red acne scares as it does not really disguise the purple tones.it also does not last very well tbh. I wore this with the mac prep and primer base visage, Mac Pro set powder very lightly and urban decay all nighter spray. but it did just about 5 hours which is a first for my dry skin where foundation can last beyond 10 on without powder or spray.

on 5/4/2014 11:01:00 PM

I love this foundation! It's my favorite from MAC! It's a full coverage foundation comparing to the coverage you get from the Studio Fix Fluid. It gives you the same coverage but does not dry out your face, it gives you a more dewey complexion and does not show every crease or line on your face. It's light and does not weigh down your face. It comes in a convenient squeeze tube and is a must have for MAC lovers with dry skin! 💋

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv

Top Rated MAC Products