MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 7/13/2014 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this because it seemed really moisturizing and great for dry skin. It has a very thick cream consistancy, which means its easier to get a cake face going on.

On the face, it has a nice dewey finish that does not cling to dry spots. If you put too much on its noticeable and may feel a little sticky. It transfers easily. It lasts a nice amount of time, at least the whole school day.

Overall, I felt it deserves a 3.5 but rounded up. I do like it for the most part.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I personally love this foundation, but I can see why some people wouldn't. I have very dry skin and I wear this everyday and it makes my skin look so lovely! It's especially amazing in winter. It has a medium-full coverage depending on application and how much you use, and lasted a full 6-8 hours on me without a primer and without budging :) I've applied it with my fingers, a stippling brush, a buffing brush, and a beauty blender, and I find that a damp beauty blender gives the smoothest, nicest finish but lighter coverage than the other methods, however layering is not a problem so it is my preferred method. It leaves me with a satin finish and lives up to most of the claims MAC has made about it. The plastic squeeze tube is so convenient and looks classy too! I haven't found my HG foundation but this is the closest for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Relaxed, Medium

This product works well on someone with very little discoloration and imperfections but when I use it, you can still see my redness. When coming out it has little water that squirts out before the foundation, a but like when you squeeze ketchup out, no matter how well you shake it. Does look oily after a few hours.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I usually wear Studio Fix Fluid foundation but I wanted a change so I turned to Studio Sculpt. I like this foundation a lot, it has medium to full coverage and it gives my face a matte and flawless finish. It hides all imperfections and the colour match is spot on. The only problem is that this makes you look oily after an hour or so, whereas Studio Fix Fluid does not. I don't mind it too much but if you're a person who has super oily skin I would stay away from it :(

Overall I would give this product a 7/10

on 7/5/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

On first impressions, this foundation was great. M.A.C is a brand that I've grown to trust over the years because of its huge following and products that many swear by. Since I didn't have too good of an experience with their Studio Fix Fluid foundation, I turned to this. At first, this foundation looked flawless on my skin. I have always used liquid foundations as I have dry skin, this foundation appealed to me as it had a mousse like texture to it. I thought that this foundation would keep my skin hydrated. Within an hour, I had excessive oil all over my face. This had never been a problem before this foundation. No blotting or powder application could fix this. I gave it a chance and tried many different techniques including; using less product, powder, primer and different application. On a positive note, it was a perfect colour match for my pale skin. If you're looking to purchase this foundation, I recommend trying the foundation at your local store/counter and wearing it for a full day. I've given up with M.A.C foundations but their concealers compensate for the troubles I've had.

on 6/29/2014 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like to spend the most money on foundation because a bad foundation will make me break out... that being said I am very happy with this foundation. It is full coverage and does ok with blending and contouring. A negative with this foundation is that it is NOT an all day wear. At one point your face will feel greasy so after about 4 hours I take it off and reapply. Even though reapplying is tedious I found it made for better skin because I washed my face in the middle of the day and put on new makeup. I will buy this again, it is my favorite full coverage foundation of all time.

on 6/9/2014 6:15:00 AM

A few years ago this didn't work for my oily/combo skin but since Estée Lauder changed their double wear formula I have had no choice but to seek for a new holy grail! I was always a fan of MAC Studio Fix but wanted something a little more dewy looking for spring/summer so thought I'd have another go with the Studio Scuplt. I also found out that this is MAC's highest coverage foundation, beforehand I thought it was Studio Fix. I am now in love with this one, i buff it in and it is buildable which I love! I also find that initially it appears tacky but then soon dries but not do much that I appear cake like I have a soft dewy finish and this doesn't make my pores have oil break outs through the day like the new DW does!! People have said that us oily girls need to set this but I haven't even had to do that.

on 5/30/2014 8:18:00 PM

I have combination skin (T-zone) and absolutely love this foundation. The color I've been using (NW20) is a great match for my skin my tone (fair with pink undertones). I like a foundation color that neutralizes the redness in my skin. This foundation gives a radiant, even toned appearance, without being matte, but at the same time not really dewy. Another plus, is that I don't find my T-zone to be as oily by mid-day as it was with other foundations (Had been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere, but coverage was just okay and never really had the perfect color match). I find MAC Studio Sculpt really stays put all day long and into the night. I've noticed some reviewers have had trouble with application of this foundation. This is not a foundation to be applied with fingers. A very little goes a long way. The trick is to dot a small amount around one section of the face at a time and blend with a damp cosmetic sponge. By applying this way, you will get great coverage, but also a light, even finish.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Was dying to try this foundation for ages, got matched in MAC and looks flawless. Got home and looked like i had Jaundice :( thought i would still give it a try as i could make it work with some bronzer. After 5 hours my face was greasy and the coverage had dissapeard around my tzone - very dissapointed!! However loved the packaging. Would not re purchase... still searching for my HG!!!

on 5/24/2014 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I'll start by saying I'm very pro mac! They have some fantastic products; this is not one of them. The bottle itself is great, a plastic squeeze tube great for hygiene and use, but that's where it stops. I have skin that is normal in summer and quite dry in winter and I went to mac to look for a foundation that wouldn't cling to all my dry winter patches and the mua recommended this, saying that it's meant for dry skin. He tried it on me paired with a primer and a setting powder. Loving how it looked I bought it. I got home about an hour later and boy had my face changed, I looked like an oil slick with patchy missing foundation and caking around my nose and dry patches. I will be returning this and getting something else....

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv

Top Rated MAC Products