September 30, 2014 | 1714 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by jenifa305

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara ever

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love hate relationship with this mascara. I got a deluxe sample from Sephora. From first look this mascara has an awesome brush. It is in fact my favorite thing. The mascara itself I haven't been as happy with the mascara is very wet. In some ways that makes it really easy to layer on more coats. In other ways it is harder because it takes a while to dry. For me this layers on really welll giving me long lashes. My biggest problem is the staying power. This tends to flake a ton and leave smudges on my bottom lashline. It smudges even more then normal during the warmer months that I cannot wear this at all during those times. I think if those issues could be fixed this mascara would be one of my favorites.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I just saw this rated as the #1 customer favorite mascara for 2012 by Temptalia, and I had to try it. Purchased a tube from Sephora a few days later, and can honestly say that this mascara is every bit as good as they say. I'm wondering how this little gem flew under my radar the past few years without me hearing about it! This mascara not only darkens and thickens my lashes, but it gives them glorious length-- all without clumps, smears, and smudges! It doesn't apply too wet and uncurl my lashes, and it doesn't splash or leave little black balls underneath my eyes throughout the day. It's perfect for me and my lashes, and I will definitely repurchase. Right now, it is my new fave... nudging past my recent fave by Laura Mercier (Long Lash mascara).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by vhung

This mascara isn't bad, but i wouldn't recommend it, since I have used better, I have thin lashes, and although I do get volume from the mascara, i don't love this mascara. I don't love i because I find the formula too thick, and it takes FOREVER to dry, i actually mean forever, and if you curl them when they are wet they clump for sure! If you curl your lashes before you apply the mascara, your lashes will just fall right now and loose the curl.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by junglequeenjen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara, especially for lengthening & separating the lashes. The formula is great - no flakes, no smudges, lasts all day, and I love the spiky brush...the brush type and shape helps to reach & enhance even the tiniest lashes on the inside corners and bottom lash line. It's not the most volumizing mascara on the planet but it does a fantastic job of creating a look of long, separated lashes, especially if you sort of roll the brush up your lashes as you apply it, then go back over your lashes with the brush to sort of "comb" them. I don't have to use a lash comb because the brush does a nice job of preventing clumps on its own. My lashes look soft, and I find it to be really natural for a day look. Good stuff, and I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by blee060

Great product, doesn't clump or flake. Looks natural. I also notice my eyelashes seem healthier and fuller even after I take it off..been using it for two weeks now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by xkimberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite mascara so far! I have very short, stick straight, asian eyelashes that are very stubborn. I personally like my lashes to look very curled and that was what I asked when I went to Sephora and this was recommended to me, and I love it! It lengthens, curls, separates with NO CLUMPS! It looks very natural, so if you are looking for a ton of volume then this is not for you. It does not dry and crack and irritate my eye throughout the day either.

However, I took off on lippie because I do get a little smudge in the bottom corner of my eye after a couple hours when I wear it to my bottom lashes. I am going to try a mascara primer though because I have had this issue with every mascara I have tried and think it may just be my lashes. Also, the product builds up at top of the wand and so it can smudge on the outside of your eye if you are not careful. Actually now that I think about it, a lot of product is on the wand in general so it can get a bit messy! But that can easily be prevented.

Overall, I am happy with this mascara! If you are looking for more of a natural look (length, separation and curl, not so much volume) then this is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by lserwetnyk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this mascara. Doesn't clump, separates and lengthens my lashes extremely well. I've only ever used it in the black, but I am never disappointed. Provides great coverage on my short, blonde lashes. I much prefer it to any other mascara I have purchased in the past, including from Lancome, Dior & MAC. I do not find that it smudges easily. The tube lasts a long time, too. It doesn't get dry or clumpy over time. Very good quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Both the black and the blue noir Buxom mascaras deliver thick, intensely colored lashes. However, there's quite a difference in quality between the two colors. The black mascara is wonderful: no clumps, applies smoothly, great color, and wears well even without primer. The blue noir is actually brighter than navy but not cartoon-like, so it accents my brown eyes very nicely. However, no matter how careful I am, the smudges without fail every time: to compound the problem, the smudges are electric blue, not a subtler navy or darker color. Also, the formula of the blue noir also doesn't seem to thicken as well as the black does.

The rating is a 4 because I'm averaging the two: the black deserves the 5 and then some, but the blue noir only rates a 3 because of its inferior quality. That is something that BE should look into.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by dogdaze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in some Sephora promo or other and I really like the brush as there is virtually no clumping w/this product. No flaking either, decent volume and some lengthening. It's nice and black; However...the smudging is out of control. Yes, I wipe the brush first and yes even with a tubing mascara over it it still smudges. Too bad b/c otherwise I might repurchase.