April 19, 2014 | 1087 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by bebedejuin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! I had never heard of Buxom before going to Sephora but I liked the look of the brush and at the urging of my mom who was shopping with me, I splurged and bought it. Like I said, I like the chunky brush and feel like it applies easily. I also love how it's darn near impossible to clump this mascara. My Revlon Grow Luscious mascara yields a similar look but at the expense of easily clumped lashes. Buxom's formula goes on smoothly and you can get by with a single coat but can just as easily layer the coats for an even more dramatic look. My naturally thin, short lashes look volumized, defined, and lengthened! So this is what it's like to have a high end mascara! Also, not sure if there's a waterproof formula but this stuff washes off very easily. If I forget to wash it off at night, it'll be mostly gone by morning...yet it lasts all day at work!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was a very natural looking mascara. I would rate it a 3.5 if I could.
It has a plastic wand that separated and defined my lashes. There was absolutely NO CLUMPS! It was easy to apply and to coat every lash.
My problem with this is that it didn't do much for my thin eyelashes. I would apply about 1 coat to each eye and usually that is all it takes for my other mascaras to add drama and definition to my lashes, but with this, not so much.
The formula was light, clean, and the packaging is amazing. It cleans the mascara wand of excess product!
Good product for defining and a natural look, would work better if it was paired with a volumizing mascara. Not worth the price and would not repurchase. Not the right mascara for me but it was pretty good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by absinthe27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara; completely coats the lashes in one coat and separates really well. Only thing I don't like is that I get the dreaded mascara "shadow" under my eyebrows from where my eyelashes hit. I have only noticed this with the last two tubes I have purchased though, so maybe they changed the formula recently...not sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by breannalynn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking FORVEVER for a go-to mascara from a company that is cruelty-free and most recently tried Buxom. The formula of this mascara is fairly thin, but is ok to build on. It doesn't do amazing things for my lashes, which are pretty thick and moderately long (but really light and straight), so the name is misleading. The brush is really big, so I end up getting mascara all over my top lid. It held up to 8 hours of wear ok, but anything beyond that it started to smudge and then flake. It's also pretty expensive. *sigh* The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by smilejosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mascara is one of the best that I have used . I hated that i could never find a mascara that would not fall and make me look like a raccoon.This mascara does not fall and makes my stubby eyelashes look fantastic at one point i fell asleep while wear it and it still looked great .At $19 a pop its a little expensive but worth having for clubbing or special events.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

I got this for free with a Sephora order & it sat around for a while before I ran out of my previous mascara. I wasn't too sure if I'd like it becuase the wand is so big and I wasnt use to using such a large wand. Well, all I can say is WOW!!! I FINALLY found my holly grail mascara. WOOOHOOO I actually pair this w/the lancome primer and it is just amazing. On all day, no dropping, no flaking, just awesome eye lashes. I have decent lashes as it is, but when I started using this, my friends asked if I was wearing false eye lashes. That's how much more ooomph I got. I wish it was cheaper, but since I'm in love w/it, I'll stop my search for the perfect mascara & just stick with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail mascara! I don't buy it every time I run out because it is pricey. But it works sooo well. Lengthens like a dream without clumps. And it truly is super black - I hate it when I buy a mascara in black and it comes out more...charcoaley. I get compliments on my lashes when I wear it, and honestly without mascara, they're nothing special. My only complaint is that the formula does take a while to dry so be careful not to smudge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample of Buxom lash from Sephora a while back. It's not something I ever would have bought on my own. Admittedly, the sample sat in its box for many months before I opened it. I was so surprised by this mascara when I finally tried it-- I actually love it!

Idk what is going on, but my eyes have gotten SO sensitive lately. I can't use 9/10 mascaras without severe eye irritation. My eyes itch and burn so badly I have to take out my contacts and wash my face to be able to see. I haven't been able to pinpoint which ingredients are causing the problem, and on top of that I am VERY picky about wands. I honestly really hate silicone wands and prefer regular bristles (hence the reason I took so long to open this mascara and try it). So finding a good mascara is tough.

This mascara isn't phenomenal. The wand is good at coating lashes and keeping them separated (no tarantula eyes!), however, for a mascara called "Buxom" it doesn't really deliver. It's good at defining lashes, not so much at increasing volume. Compared to original Diorshow, for instance, this mascara is ineffective at thickening. Compared to Maybelline Lash Stiletto or any mascara that contains fibers or tubes, Buxom does not do a good job at lengthening either. It's good for just a basic, natural look.

But the reason I love this mascara is that it doesn't flake or smudge, it stays put all day. And it doesn't irritate my eyes whatsoever and I'm at a point where pretty much everything else is causing allergic reactions. I also like that I don't need to comb my lashes with this-- it doesn't clump. For these reasons I would repurchase. There's apparently a few versions of Buxom with different wands. I think next time I will try the one with the more spread-out bristles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara for really producing wow lashes for me....I have short, straight, not very thick lashes, and I absolutely love it! The only negative I have, is the brush took some getting used too....it is oversized, and at first, I made a mess out of myself until I got used to it....I wish they would make the formula with a Teddy Bear brush so to say, as I like that kind...but this is just as good if not better thand Dior....better price too!!!!!
Another bonus, it does not dry out like alot of mascaras tend to do....I have had the same tube for quite along while, and only use it when I am am really "Dolling" up.....I like that as well.....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by 057Yasminh

Best mascara ever! My lashes are full and long after two strokes. No smudges, flaking, or stickness. This product deserves a five star!